Old September 3rd 05, 03:17 PM
an_old_friend

Default in regrad to protect bandwidth for CW and Katrina

a few questions

Is/are CW nets carries traffic into out of the disaster Zone? I see
posts of lots of SSB freqs but not one CW net

Old September 3rd 05, 04:18 PM
Uncle Ted

On 3 Sep 2005 07:17:27 -0700, "an_old_friend"
wrote:

a few questions

Is/are CW nets carries traffic into out of the disaster Zone? I see
posts of lots of SSB freqs but not one CW net

The CW junkies can't be bothered during a contest weekend, which is
just about every week.

Old September 3rd 05, 06:01 PM
an_old_friend

wrote:

a few questions

Is/are CW nets carries traffic into out of the disaster Zone? I see
posts of lots of SSB freqs but not one CW net

The CW junkies can't be bothered during a contest weekend, which is
just about every week.

you may indeed be right, I was trying to check to see is the CW crowd
was being missed by all the folks that could not tell a cw HW net from
contesting or rag crewing

It will be something interesting to consider as the CW folks call for
CW only bandwidth

Old September 3rd 05, 06:48 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:

a few questions

Is/are CW nets carries traffic into out of the disaster Zone? I see
posts of lots of SSB freqs but not one CW net

The CW junkies can't be bothered during a contest weekend, which is
just about every week.

you may indeed be right, I was trying to check to see is the CW crowd
was being missed by all the folks that could not tell a cw HW net from
contesting or rag crewing

It will be something interesting to consider as the CW folks call for
CW only bandwidth

Does sending H&W messages into the area via the National Traffic System
count as using CW in this emergency?

Just wondering.

Dan/W4NTI

Old September 3rd 05, 07:19 PM
an_old_friend

wrote:

a few questions

Is/are CW nets carries traffic into out of the disaster Zone? I see
posts of lots of SSB freqs but not one CW net

The CW junkies can't be bothered during a contest weekend, which is
just about every week.

you may indeed be right, I was trying to check to see is the CW crowd
was being missed by all the folks that could not tell a cw HW net from
contesting or rag crewing

It will be something interesting to consider as the CW folks call for
CW only bandwidth

Does sending H&W messages into the area via the National Traffic System
count as using CW in this emergency?

yea it does had not though of it I admit

looking for data on the subject

Just wondering.

Dan/W4NTI

Old September 3rd 05, 07:26 PM
Uncle Ted

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 17:48:02 GMT, "Dan/W4NTI"
wrote:

Does sending H&W messages into the area via the National Traffic System
count as using CW in this emergency?

Just wondering.

Dan/W4NTI

That depends on whether or not such messages are sent using CW. I am
not aware of any CW nets that are handling such messages.
Old September 4th 05, 12:13 AM
Dan/W4NTI

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:

a few questions

Is/are CW nets carries traffic into out of the disaster Zone? I see
posts of lots of SSB freqs but not one CW net

The CW junkies can't be bothered during a contest weekend, which is
just about every week.

you may indeed be right, I was trying to check to see is the CW crowd
was being missed by all the folks that could not tell a cw HW net from
contesting or rag crewing

It will be something interesting to consider as the CW folks call for
CW only bandwidth

Does sending H&W messages into the area via the National Traffic System
count as using CW in this emergency?

yea it does had not though of it I admit

looking for data on the subject

Guess we will find out when this mess is over and done.

Dan/W4NTI

Old September 4th 05, 12:15 AM
Dan/W4NTI

wrote:

Does sending H&W messages into the area via the National Traffic System
count as using CW in this emergency?

Just wondering.

Dan/W4NTI

That depends on whether or not such messages are sent using CW. I am
not aware of any CW nets that are handling such messages.

I know of one Section and one Region net under the ARRL NTS. Alabama
Section Net and Region Net 5. Both CW of course.

Hope that helps

Dan/W4NTI