Old September 14th 05, 03:31 AM

Default Carl WK3C: Not "Eligble" to Become a Menber of the ARRL Board of Directors

http://home.ptd.net/~wk3c/

.. . . unbelievable . . !!

w3rv

Old September 14th 05, 04:52 AM

http://home.ptd.net/~wk3c/

. . . unbelievable . . !!

w3rv

W1AW at it's finest.

Old September 14th 05, 05:03 AM
Dave Heil

http://home.ptd.net/~wk3c/

. . . unbelievable . . !!

w3rv

W1AW at it's finest.

W1AW? The decision came from the HQ station?

Dave K8MN

Old September 14th 05, 05:29 AM
KØHB

wrote

http://home.ptd.net/~wk3c/

. . . unbelievable . . !!

I'm usually one who waits to "hear the other side of the story", but this
incident astounds me. For the first time since I became interested in amateur
radio, it's not clear to me why I should continue my ARRL membership.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Old September 14th 05, 10:52 AM
an_old_friend

K=D8HB wrote:
wrote

http://home.ptd.net/~wk3c/

. . . unbelievable . . !!

I'm usually one who waits to "hear the other side of the story", but this
incident astounds me. For the first time since I became interested in am=

ateur
radio, it's not clear to me why I should continue my ARRL membership.

73, de Hans, K0HB

Id Love to hear another side to this as well, but it astonding

Old September 14th 05, 11:26 AM
Dee Flint

"KØHB" wrote in message
link.net...

wrote

http://home.ptd.net/~wk3c/

. . . unbelievable . . !!

I'm usually one who waits to "hear the other side of the story", but this
incident astounds me. For the first time since I became interested in
amateur radio, it's not clear to me why I should continue my ARRL
membership.

73, de Hans, K0HB

But what is the existing or potential conflict of interest? That piece of
information is necessary to get an insight into the problem. I didn't find
it on the web site. Of course I don't have a lot of time this morning.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old September 14th 05, 12:08 PM

Dee Flint wrote:
"K=D8HB" wrote in message
link.net...

wrote

http://home.ptd.net/~wk3c/

. . . unbelievable . . !!

I'm usually one who waits to "hear the other side of the story", but th=

is
incident astounds me. For the first time since I became interested in
amateur radio, it's not clear to me why I should continue my ARRL
membership.

73, de Hans, K0HB

But what is the existing or potential conflict of interest?

Carl works as a consulting engineer for commercial firms which have
interests in the millimeter end of the spectrum which could be in
conflict with our interests in the ham bands which are also in that
part of the spectrum. The ARRL bylaws state that anybody in that type
of position cannot become a member of the BoD. The problem is that the
League has conveniently winked that provision in the bylaws several
times in the past and has allowed others in Carl's position to become
Directors. hypocrisy taken to a new level.

That piece of
information is necessary to get an insight into the problem. I didn't fi=

nd
it on the web site. Of course I don't have a lot of time this morning.
=20
Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old September 14th 05, 08:18 PM

From: on Sep 14, 4:08 am

Dee Flint wrote:
"K=D8=88B" wrote in message
wrote

http://home.ptd.net/~wk3c/

. . . unbelievable . . !!

I'm usually one who waits to "hear the other side of the story", but t=

his
incident astounds me. For the first time since I became interested in
amateur radio, it's not clear to me why I should continue my ARRL
membership.

73, de Hans, K0HB

But what is the existing or potential conflict of interest?

Carl works as a consulting engineer for commercial firms which have
interests in the millimeter end of the spectrum which could be in
conflict with our interests in the ham bands which are also in that
part of the spectrum.

What you mean "millimeter end of the spectrum which could be in
'conflict with our interests' in the ham bands"?

Since WHEN has there been any "great interest" in the World
Above 30 MHz to the League? The core membership of the League
is interested only in "working DX on HF with CW." :-)

The core membership doesn't seem to care dink about any World
Above 30 MHz. They wanna play in the HF sandbox, same as they
did a half century ago. Nothing has changed. Status quo uber
alles.

Find me some articles of "great interest in millimeter bands"
allocated to amateur radio by the FCC. Who in here has EVER
worked up in the millimeter bands? Who in here has EVER worked
any ham bands above 70 cm? [besides using a 1 GHz cell phone
or 2.4 GHz cordless telephone?]

The ARRL bylaws state that anybody in that type
of position cannot become a member of the BoD. The problem is that the
League has conveniently winked that provision in the bylaws several
times in the past and has allowed others in Carl's position to become
Directors. hypocrisy taken to a new level.

It would be informative to see some resumes of the work experience
of the Directors and the BoD of the League. Pres. Jim Haynie was
a salesman. [should be a clue right there, ey?] How about the
"other" pres., Dave Sumner?

That piece of
information is necessary to get an insight into the problem. I didn't f=

ind
it on the web site. Of course I don't have a lot of time this morning.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

I found it extremely EASY to obtain all the details on Carl's
website. Just a couple of mouse clicks while reading this in
Google. The same with checking out the League's web site to see
the "announcement" of the candidates for Division. At NIGHT,
when I first saw Carl's message on Google.

Well, let's get a membership drive going, right? "Join and
CHANGE THE LEAGUE FROM 'WITHIN'!" Free, open, democratic
principle stuff. Uh huh. :-)=20

Old September 14th 05, 09:17 PM
Dave Heil

From: on Sep 14, 4:08 am

Dee Flint wrote:

"K؈B" wrote in message

[...]

Plenty of League members operate the bands above 30 MHz. You must have
missed out on this past weekend's contest. It was sponsored by the
League. You're out of touch, old timer. :-) :-)

The core membership doesn't seem to care dink about any World
Above 30 MHz.

Please present any evidence that you've uncovered which outlines what
ARRL members think about the frequencies above 30 MHz. Any at all will do.

They wanna play in the HF sandbox, same as they
did a half century ago. Nothing has changed. Status quo uber
alles.

I'm sure that you have something solid on which to base your claim.
Please point us to it.

Find me some articles of "great interest in millimeter bands"
allocated to amateur radio by the FCC. Who in here has EVER
worked up in the millimeter bands?

I have, on numerous occasions from WA8ONQ.

Who in here has EVER worked
any ham bands above 70 cm? [besides using a 1 GHz cell phone
or 2.4 GHz cordless telephone?]

I have, on numerous occasions.

The ARRL bylaws state that anybody in that type
of position cannot become a member of the BoD.The problem is that the
League has conveniently winked that provision in the bylaws several
times in the past and has allowed others in Carl's position to become
Directors. hypocrisy taken to a new level.

It would be informative to see some resumes of the work experience
of the Directors and the BoD of the League.

It might be informative, if only to demonstrate that none were in jobs
which presented a conflict of interests.

Pres. Jim Haynie was
a salesman. [should be a clue right there, ey?] How about the
"other" pres., Dave Sumner?

There is no "other" pres.

That piece of
information is necessary to get an insight into the problem. I didn't find
it on the web site. Of course I don't have a lot of time this morning.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

I found it extremely EASY to obtain all the details on Carl's
website. Just a couple of mouse clicks while reading this in
Google. The same with checking out the League's web site to see
the "announcement" of the candidates for Division. At NIGHT,
when I first saw Carl's message on Google.

Well, let's get a membership drive going, right? "Join and
CHANGE THE LEAGUE FROM 'WITHIN'!" Free, open, democratic
principle stuff. Uh huh. :-)

Off the top of my head, those who post here who cannot run for ARRL
Director:

1. Those with a potential conflict of interest.

2. Non-radio amateurs.

3. Non-ARRL members.

One of those snags your "old_friend" and two of them fit Leonard H.
Anderson.

Dave K8MN