RadioBanter

-   -   New License Requirements (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/78998-new-license-requirements.html)

clawason September 30th 05 05:38 PM

New License Requirements

A Criminal Background Check and a Mental Health Check
will be required in the future to obtain an amateur radio
license.

an_old_friend October 1st 05 05:19 PM

clawason wrote:
A Criminal Background Check and a Mental Health Check
will be required in the future to obtain an amateur radio
license.

but only on new licenses right?

after all if if many of the OT's were checked theyd have to turn in
their licenses

Jim Hampton October 1st 05 09:26 PM

"an_old_friend" wrote in message
oups.com...

clawason wrote:
A Criminal Background Check and a Mental Health Check
will be required in the future to obtain an amateur radio
license.

but only on new licenses right?

after all if if many of the OT's were checked theyd have to turn in
their licenses

Come on! My background check turned up perfectly clean. A drivers license
check on me also turned up perfectly clean. And I'm 58! And managed to get
a decent job that pays considerably better than Kodak did.

Just don't ask for a sanity test or I just might be toast! :)))

Then again, perhaps that is why I was hired; I was as crazy as the rest of
the gang at Sentry Safe LOL.

I do have to admit that after 5 weeks, it is a great company to be working
for. A lot of crazies, but nice crazies LOL

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

Wayne P. Muckleroy October 2nd 05 08:02 AM

The requirement is that one must FAIL both checks before the license is
granted.

[email protected] October 2nd 05 02:06 PM

Oh, the irony, Marky.

possum belley October 2nd 05 02:17 PM

wrote in message

Anyone have a URL?

Why yes, just for you. Go to webster.com,
then look up the word "parody"
Hope this helps, but should you still not "get it,"
then report back here, and one of our counselors
will be glad to assist you.

BTW, are you making progress on your G.E.D. ?