Old October 19th 05, 11:48 AM

Default BTW Stevie were watch the news lately about NASA

Mike Coslo wrote:
KØHB wrote:

I don't question your faith. I'm sure it's genuine to you. Enjoy it, take
comfort in it, and may it be a blessing to you.

Perhaps it is a faith that cannot accept questioning? Some are like that.

Exactly, Mike. What gets some folks particularly up-in-arms is when
someone points out the obvious contradictions in their religious
beliefs.

For example, it's interesting to note the reactions of those who insist
that every word of the Bible is literally true when you point out that
the two creation stories in Genesis contradict each other. Or that
Christ's message of nonviolence is largely ignored by modern
'Christians'...

Or what if someone's religion requires that they question and analyze
religious belief systems? And that contradictions be pointed out?

The problem that quite a few of us have with 'intelligent design' (aka
"creationism in a cheap tuxedo") is that it is an attempt by certain
people to have their *religious* beliefs not only taught in public
schools, but taught as *science*, not religion.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old October 19th 05, 12:50 PM
Michael Coslo

wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote:

KØHB wrote:

I don't question your faith. I'm sure it's genuine to you. Enjoy it, take
comfort in it, and may it be a blessing to you.

Perhaps it is a faith that cannot accept questioning? Some are like that.

Exactly, Mike. What gets some folks particularly up-in-arms is when
someone points out the obvious contradictions in their religious
beliefs.

Seems to be the same folk that believe that depriving others of their
rights is one of *their* rights.

For example, it's interesting to note the reactions of those who insist
that every word of the Bible is literally true when you point out that
the two creation stories in Genesis contradict each other. Or that
Christ's message of nonviolence is largely ignored by modern
'Christians'...

That is because they are "religious" but they aren't strictly Christians.

Or what if someone's religion requires that they question and analyze
religious belief systems? And that contradictions be pointed out?

A religion of heretics? Sounds like a Frank Herbert type of thing.

The problem that quite a few of us have with 'intelligent design' (aka
"creationism in a cheap tuxedo") is that it is an attempt by certain
people to have their *religious* beliefs not only taught in public
schools, but taught as *science*, not religion.

Do you want to know the big problem IMO? This "intelligent design"
thing is promoted by some religious groups as an alternative "scientific
approach. It is in all their arguments, it is how they promote the concept.

But that isn't why they want it there. They want it there because they
want to put in what they believe, ie the 6 day creation thing in 4004
b.c. No world that always existed, no world created by any other god, no
world on a turtle, with turtles all the way down.

Lying for God.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old October 19th 05, 11:18 PM

KØHB wrote:
wrote

wrote:
KØHB wrote:

I think belief in magic IS a necessary requirement to really enjoy
Amateur
Radio.

Depends on what you mean by "magic"...

You are quoting Dee, attributing Hans...

Magic?

No magic. He quoted me and attributed me.

You are correct.

Old October 20th 05, 03:53 AM
Dee Flint

wrote in message
oups.com...

KØHB wrote:
wrote

Jim didn't have a chance to chime in before Hans blew his troll. Too
bad.

There is no voodoo or magic associated with RF
propagation.

Dee tends to think there is. Mike chimed in. Now you reneg on the
concept. They should "feel" suckered.

No Mike and I are only speaking of the magical feel that it gives.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old October 20th 05, 03:58 AM
Dee Flint

wrote in message
ups.com...

Dee Flint wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...

an_old_friend wrote:

I don't think so.

it seems she does enjoy hectoring folks, and generaly being a pretier
version of Stevie

I have to disagree with you on this. Dee is nothing like Steve in her
posting manners, and I cannot comment on her "prettiness" since I've
only seen a photo of Steve.

I think she is much more like Jim; quick to cut off discussion when her
logic fails.

No, I simply make every effort not to get involved in the back and forth
arguments that many engage in. No one is going to change any one else's
opinions and since the discussions far too often deteriorate into
pointless
bickering and name calling, I choose not to participate in such.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Fair enough.

Thank you.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE