Old April 25th 05, 09:30 AM
John Smith

Default Beware of hams planting dis-information...

Anyone know any of these guys? Is it just possible the hams are playing you
all for fools, planting rumors to titillate you?
A dog chasing its own tail is a funny sight...

Regards,
John

Old April 25th 05, 03:16 PM
CB outlaw

I think you are absolutly right, John I think the "hams" are jeolous
of us CB'ers and freebanders cause we are PROFESSIONAL dx'ers while
they are just amateur dx'ers. What do you think?
Regards from
CB OUTLAW (beep as in roger)

Old April 25th 05, 06:03 PM
John Smith

I think I have been both, freebander/ham, all I think I have seen is that
the freebanders have more fun.

Also, I think the radio spectrum is for the use of all, there needs to be a
good slice of radio spectrum set aside for freebanders, indeed, set aside
for "We the People!"

Unfortunately, the hams have just become a self-serving bunch holding much
of the spectrum to their hobby... they like nice clear spaces of spectrum
where they and a few buddies carry on conversations like old women around a
bridge table.

Unless one feels himself a child who needs a parent telling them what they
CAN'T do--it is time for a change of thinking here...

I think the FCC needs to support radio use amongst the citizens of this
country, not a self-serving group who feel themselves more deserving and
special... I think we all need a better form of radio spectrum use--one
which conforms to the people, NOT makes the people conform to ridiculous
rules...

And, I think a whole lot more... but basically it all revolves around my
seeing hams as self-serving/control-freaks who have a good thing going--and
are getting away with it...

Regards,
John

oups.com...

Old April 25th 05, 06:25 PM
John Smith

Here is a fellow who says it straight-up, and rather eloquently!
http://www.hamsexy.com/archives1.html

Regards,
John

"John Smith" wrote in message
[...]

oups.com...

Old April 25th 05, 06:54 PM
Lancer

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:03:40 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

[...]

I thought freeband was from 26.000 MHz up to channel 1, 26.965
MHz, and from above channel 40, 27.405 MHz, to the edge of the 10
Meter ham band, 28.000 MHz.

What does that have to do with Ham radio spectrum use?

Quit doing so much thinking, you're going to hurt yourself...

Old April 25th 05, 06:54 PM
Frank Gilliland

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 07:47:55 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote in
:

You my friend, are an idiot!!!

So I've been told on more than one occasion. But let's see what's in
-your- post......

Most hams feel it takes a "musical ear" to be proficient with morse code--

Really? I've never heard that from -any- ham. I know Morse myself and
I wouldn't say it takes a musical ear, but then I'm not a ham -or- a
musician. So do you have any references to back up your statement that
"most hams" feel this way?

snip
50Mhz and above works best with bounce, with enough power

Really? I've never heard that, either. So if I want to talk to someone
across town on, say, 2m, I should forget the repeaters, crank up the
amp and howl at the moon?

(and there is
something wrong with the ionosphere these days--holes yanno!) I suppose
bounce at 27Mhz is a possibility--however, how many other cb'ers would have
a ant pointed at the moon?

The ozone hole(s) might make a difference on 11m if you happen to live
in Nome, AK, but I doubt that the mainland US is going to see a big
difference anytime soon. As long as skip continues to happen then the
ionosphere is still in good shape, and you probably won't have too
much luck with CB EME.

But that didn't answer my question: Have you done moon bounce with CB?

Expect no more answers from me--you are not on a level to be given this
consideration. You are simply displaying the traits of a control freak, and
attempting to use cheap shots to make others answerable to you--I have not
the time--be interesting or be silent...

Your cop-out came earlier than I expected, but it -was- expected.

I can clearly see you have the petty traits most hams display--you may be a
lost soul... get your license!

By "petty traits" do you mean pointing out the absurdity of the
arguments you use to defend your anti-hammie attitude? Guilty as
charged.

You are entitled to your opinions, if you think you will upset me with your
rantings--think again...

I really don't care if you get upset or not. Why did you even bring it
up as a topic of discussion?

I support free speech....

As do I. I even consider it a right.

however, if you have no
respect for logic and the obivious it will show and you will be known for
such--proceed as you please...

......"logic and the obvious"? Like avoiding sat-comm because of
possible alien influence? And working moon bounce on CB? Of course you
realize that the moon is a natural satellite complete with alien mud
puddles, don't you? Then there is your statement that only musicians
can learn Morse code, your anti-government diatribe that came out of
nowhere, and your suggestion that education is a bad thing because it
will inevitably lead to Hitleresque facism in the US. "Logic and the
obvious" indeed.

John, you are a certifiable whacko. Welcome to RRCB!

Old April 25th 05, 07:51 PM
John Smith

I consider the upper freeband to be from 25Mhz to 30Mhz... at least, I have
heard freebanders all across that 5Mhz bandwidth...

Regards,
John

Old April 25th 05, 08:58 PM
CB outlaw

Thanks John for your comments and that link is excellent. I used to be
a "ham" to but I found it to be VERY boring (here anyway) about just a
bunch of OLD MEN talking about their poor health issues,"ohhhhh I got a
really bad back" "that's nothin' i got double hernia" "i gotcha both
beat, I'm actually DEAD" (i wish) Anyway you get my point? I WAS a ham
but thankfully not anymore. I find CB AND the freeband to be a MUCH
MORE relaxed atmosphere AND MORE FUN. And your are right , WE need less
hams to be "sarcastic"? That's not the word I'm looking for as I'm
trying to be nice right know, but I think you can understand what I'm
getting at.
Thanks and 73's. I like to say 73's rather than just 73. 73 sounds TOOO
hammie!
CB OUTLAW 10-4 beep

Old April 25th 05, 09:29 PM
Lancer

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:51:39 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

I consider the upper freeband to be from 25Mhz to 30Mhz... at least, I have
heard freebanders all across that 5Mhz bandwidth...

Regards,
John

I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of hams that don't even know
what "freeband" is. If freebanders stay off 10 meters, most hams
wouldn't even care..