Old October 20th 05, 08:03 AM

Default Len I need a favor

found an old post of Stevies
Feb 17 1999, 4:00 am
Mark,

Reality time, biBoy...

Stevie take your meds please or try and get some. Now you claim to

know what Len will do at some point in the future.

Mark....$100 US Currency between you and I...Lenorard H. Anderson will NOT
obtain an Amateur radio license unless presented to him on a siver platter. He
has no intention of being a "part" of anything. He is creating hate and
discontent in this NG to sate a psychiatric anomoly that only he can correct,
and he is enjoying the "stir-the-pot" game that everyone, including you, plays
up to.

could I presuade you to take and pas the tech licesne test and get it
testified that there was no silver platter involved I could use the
money

Further, it will certainly affect Len and everyone else in the

Nation. The abilities of the ARS affect the nation, other nations
besides. Remember disater relief? All citizens are affected by the changes, or
do think that disaters only happen to Hams?

Nope, but if you were a part of any disaster relief organization, you
would know that skilled, trained operators make the difference...not just raw
numbers of persons who could be able to run out wirh radios. The ARC, the
Salvation Army, The DoD, Civil Air Patrol, ad nauseum have stood behind the
"coded" Amateur Service for decades, and that is unlikely to change.

The present No-code license more than adequately fills the disaster relief
niche as the majority of disaster relief activity takes place on V/UHF bands
already. So what's your point?

Strange how in one post you bitch about public apathy, but you are quick

to jump on a mmeber of the public being activist. You show yourself a hypocrit
or that you don't belive in freedom or the constitution which is it?

What's even stranger is how YOU take disjointed subjects and somehow tie
them together in one sentence.

How does a change in the way I for example might be licensed affect

your priledges?

Because the likelyhood of my being able to conduct a relatively QRM free
QSO will be greatly reduced with the influx of new operators on the bands. The
electromagnetic spectrum is a finite resource...you can only put so-many
stations in so much bandwidth.

the only way you are affected is by having to share these bands with

people you don't like.

More hate mongering. Geez you are an idiot, and I thought it was just a
phase you were passing through.

But you have called yourself an elitist.

More idiotic ramblings...you call me a hypocrit, then quote something of
mine as much out of context as you accuse me of doing to you...At least I
include the whole sentence, at least where you MAKE a sentence

Gee you are clearly cliaming superior status and rights. Read your own

words.

Read YOUR words, since you misquote or quote out of context so often that
anything you post is non-sequitor.

Now Steve there you are again simply wrong. I am not superior to Len,

nor am I in any way inferior to you except in the preveldges of our
lincenses.

Oooops...be careful Mark...You might make something that remotely sounds
like what I have been saying all along but you and Anderson refuse to accept or
acknowledge. That we are all the same save for the privileges our specific
licenses extend to us.

Now it is possible that you are not claiming that Extras are superior

just Hams, which is a still a bigoted and elitist statement,
just not the one Len is accusing you of

What an idiotic statement. I have been saying for MONTHS that all Hams
are just that...Hams...some of us have more operating priviledges based upon
what we have accomplished in the licensing process, and that no one is
"superior" to anyone.

You are always trying to have both ways yourself. You question his

qualifacations and bitch when trots them out

More idiocity. I have on numerous occassions stated that he is no doubt
an accomplished engineer. His failure is to utilize that accomplishment in a
constructive manner. He humiliates, demeans and antagonizes other human beings
for having accomplished something he himself has not, yet he has it at his
disposal to do so.

Can you imagine the positive impact someone like Anderson could have if he
were to share that knowledge with some neighborhood kid and introduce them to
the positive aspects of Amateur radio?! Of ANY aspect of electronics?!

Instead he wastes his time in here rying to create more hate and
discontent to salve whatever traumatic event that has occured in his life that
made him so bitter. The problem is that people who displace thier anger and
anxieties do not heal. They worsen. There is no closure of the event that
caused the harm.

One wether or not CW is a favored mode is not a relavant point.

Let me get this right, Mark...CW being or NOT being a favored mode is NOT
relevant, yet RRAP exisits for the purpose of debating its continued existence.
That makes a LOT of sense!

Two 72 percent of US ham surveyed rarely or never use it. that would

certainly indicate you can be a ham without CW.

What portion of that 72 percent "rarely" uses it though, Mark? If 72% of
that 72% IS using it, even rarely, that still means that only 18% never use
it...clearly a minority and a statistic Gallup would choke on laughing.

It proves NOTHING as far as being a Ham goes...the Codeless Technician had
already proven that. It only means that a minority of Hams with HF priviledges
never use the Code they learned, and is not a valid figure, unless the poll is
reconfigured to determine what percent NEVER use it. Never and RARELY are not
synonymous.

Three, So what if DXpedititons tend to focus on the mode, unless you

back to claiming that Chasing DX should be the be all and end all of the
ARS.

Your point would be more valid if "chasing DX" were the ONLY point. It is
not. Otherwise I would agree.

No it is a myth becuase it is a myth, assuming it is used everyday

(someday I neither confirm nor deny) so what, why does that stauts mean that it
must be learn in order to have acess to HF

Because right now, February 16th, 1999, it is the law of the land,
therefore NOT a myth. Cyclops is a myth. Having to take a Morse Code
examination is the law...a reality.

Now the exam is hefty? You have been bitching for months about what a

joke all the written tests are. Can't you make up your minds? Or is it more
basic than even than that?

I said *I* had to take a hefty exam. And I did. I took it in the Long
Beach, CA FCC Office in 1979. And you weren't allowed to bust the exam, but
come back in an hour and try again. If you busted it, you had to wait 30 days
to take the same element.

gee according to you everybody just memorizes them in an horu or two

I never said that. I said people were just memorizing the test. *I* never
said an "hour or two"

Indeed so what. You chose to learn Morse Code at that speed, that was

your choice. Why do insist on making those choices for the rest of us?

I didn't "learn" it at that speeed. That came with practice. I learned
at 5 wpm like everyone else. The speed came later.

What? If No Ham ticket has status then how on earth do you justfy your

attacks on Len for commenting on the ARS? You seem to think Ham tickets do
carry some status, but you can't seem to make up your mind just what that
status is

Since you claim a 248IQ but don't know who Walter Mitty was...I guess the
phrase "Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes mean".
Lennie doesn't even have his socks on.

Another point is that as an Extra, you will never have to take another

test to maintian your prevliedges.but you are quick to say
what I must do in order to gain a license with access to HF.

You and Lennie make hay out of the idea that with NO license he has every
right to comment on the license requirements, yet you somehow insinuate that
because I will not be required to take anymore tests that *I* am not allowed to
comment on the very same issues?

That makes YOU as every bit guilty of the very same attempt to "silence"
MY views on the subject as you accuse me!

You can be an engineer if pass the classes and take the right classes

for that matter.

No kidding?! And for $6 and change the Licenseless One could be one of
us and eliminate over 50% of the flames in here...but that's not likely to
happen either!

You are the venom filled one. Len sounds reasonably happy, it is you

that seems rather unhappy

Opinions vary.

Yoiu first posting here were merely

condeseding you went to to flaming and trollishness real fast

You mean the one right after you called me a "lier" for MY opinions, and
Lennie started in on how since I was an Extra, regardless of my post that Iwas
an "elitist"? Andersonian Pot/Kettle syndrome. Better get to your allergist
real quick, Mark, before it manifests!

Really yet you continue to question wether that prowess means he might

knwo what he was taking about, a subtle difference I think Len has picked up
on.

I never doubted his knowledge as a technician, Mark...just his ulterior
motives for being such a hate-mongerer.

Why can't people keep there flames Public?

Because they were trying to extend you a personal courtesy of not
embarrasing you in public. But since you have declared your preference for
Submissiveness, we'll be more than glad to indulge you at whatever opportunity
you provide.

Steve

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups