Old October 21st 05, 07:44 PM

Default FAQ

huLLy wrote:
The Magnum wrote:
Hold about a bit matey boy... Just because someone uses a CB doesnt
make them a lower class person or less intellectual than an Amateur
radio user. They may have brains far exceeding yours on several
topics, just not on radio. Just because you know a bit about radio
doesnt make you a higher class of person... IT JUST MEANS YOU KNOW
ABOUT RADIO'S..... now try learning common sense, respect for ones
fellow man and remember.. Amateur Radio.. Just like CB.. is JUST A
HOBBY...
I love the bit though where you say "it is neither my wish to insult
them" but you manage to do it anyhow...
10-4 over and out .. or in your case QRT..

Poly Parrot has forgotten he has owned a CB and a license (still does, I
expect), ignore him.. having been arrested he is a prime example of what
amateur radio has descended to.
--
huLLy
Mobile phone 07976 123278

Does he get on there with a linear and talk to W4LLI, Billy Jack like
he used to do on 75/80 meters?

Old October 21st 05, 07:51 PM
Polymath

Unbeknown to me, this thread had already been cross-posted to
the CB groups, and I would have removed that cross-posting
had I been aware of it.

In respect of that, I apologise if my remarks have caused
any offence to the CB community. However, I do not
withdraw my remarks - they are my opinion as to the
relative standing of Radio Hams and of CB Radio
enthusiasts where the playing-field is that of Radio
Hams.

However, having said that, the material quoted below
serves, I think, to illustrate quite well the
intellectual standing of CB Radio enthusiasts
upon which I have commented.....

wrote:
you are one of the worst.....idiots.....
little motherf*cker.....complete idiots like
you.....F*cking idiot moron.

Old October 21st 05, 08:05 PM

Especially for you.

Old October 21st 05, 09:00 PM
Cmd Buzz Corey

Frank Gilliland wrote:

Gee, why didn't you crosspost this to rrcb?

Yeah, that was a waste of bandwidth, it is much too technical for cbers
to comprehend.

Old October 21st 05, 09:01 PM

Cmd Buzz Corey wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:

Gee, why didn't you crosspost this to rrcb?

Yeah, that was a waste of bandwidth, it is much too technical for cbers
to comprehend.

Especially you.

Old October 21st 05, 10:10 PM
Jock.

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 19:11:52 +0100, "The Magnum"
wrote:

Hold about a bit matey boy... Just because someone uses a CB doesnt make
them a lower class person or less intellectual than an Amateur radio user.
They may have brains far exceeding yours on several topics, just not on
radio. Just because you know a bit about radio doesnt make you a higher
class of person... IT JUST MEANS YOU KNOW ABOUT RADIO'S..... now try
learning common sense, respect for ones fellow man and remember.. Amateur
Radio.. Just like CB.. is JUST A HOBBY...
I love the bit though where you say "it is neither my wish to insult them"
but you manage to do it anyhow...
10-4 over and out .. or in your case QRT..

Another CB-er and potential F-class adherent.

(You can spot them the minute they put finger to keyboard).

--

73 de Jock.

"Choice has always been a privilege of those who
could afford to pay for it."
- Ellen Frankfort