Old November 9th 05, 11:34 PM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
How many people hold the same level as carl nnow etc
There are a total of 15 members of IEEE Standards Association Board.

SA President, Immediate Past President, Standards Board Chair, Standards Board Immediate Past Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, Nine (9) Members-At-Large. Mr. Stevenson and Mr. McClung will join the "Members-At-Large" for a two year term beginning next year.

The Man in the Maze
QRV from Baboquivari Peak, AZ
Old November 10th 05, 01:33 AM

Default Carl Stevenson Elected To IEEE Post

From: on Nov 9, 4:04 pm

From: on Nov 8, 5:55 pm
On 8 Nov 2005 17:18:20 -0800, wrote:

Carl Stevenson was elected Member at Large of the IEEE Standards
Association in IEEE news e-mailed to members today.

Many of us have sent him our congratulations.

What do you mean "we?" You wouldn't have known about an IEEE
election without a notice from an IEEE member. YOU are NOT
an IEEE member.

WE don't know where or what YOUR "professional" electronics
activity is/involves. You could be taking lessons from
Dudly the Imposter.

I thought it terribly IRONIC that long-time radio amateur
Carl Stevenson, WK3C, who WAS REFUSED A NOMINATION FOR OFFICE
AT THE ARRL (an AMATEUR organization), managed to not only
GET ON a ballot of the IEEE (a PROFESSIONAL association), and
WIN! :-)

Not ironic at all.

WRONG. INCORRECT.

The standards of amateurism are different. Ask Jim Thorpe.

Dead a long time ago. Do you talk to the dead?!?

Other than the BoD that is...

Carl had more than enough signatures on his nomination papers.
But the Executive Committee that decides such matters though there
was a conflict of interest between his professional duties and being
an ARRL Director, and declared him ineligible to run. That decision
was not reversed by the BoD.

We've all seen your parroting of ARRL-is-god spin in here
before on that matter.

Put a cork in it and go to your seance. Ask Jim Fixx.

Some members of ARRL, particularly in the Atlantic Division, did not
agree with that decision, and made their disagreement known to the
BoD, the other officers of ARRL, and anybody else involved. Those
efforts to get him on the ballot were, unfortunately, not successful.

One cannot argue with the dead.

One cannot argue with morsemen.

Hard to tell the difference there...

btw, it is interesting to note the name of Carl's firm.

Why? Because he has one and you do not?

You know damn well that Carl got tossed off the nomination sheet
due to his being Executive Director of No Code International.
ARRL doesn't want no-coders. ARRL wants only those "acceptible"
to the BoD hierarchy.

-------

Jim-Jim, be aware that Microsoft is ready to ship a new Windows
just for you morsemen. It's supposed to be like Windows XP PRO
but it is called Windows XP Amateur. One doesn't need any
keyboard or display. Just use a morse key for input and listen
to the speakers for results. Ideal for you morsemen to show
your magnificence in communications.

Old November 10th 05, 01:55 AM

From: on Nov 9, 4:04 pm

From: on Nov 8, 5:55 pm
On 8 Nov 2005 17:18:20 -0800, wrote:

Carl Stevenson was elected Member at Large of the IEEE Standards
Association in IEEE news e-mailed to members today.

Many of us have sent him our congratulations.

What do you mean "we?" You wouldn't have known about an IEEE
election without a notice from an IEEE member. YOU are NOT
an IEEE member.

Mouse. Pocket.

WE don't know where or what YOUR "professional" electronics
activity is/involves. You could be taking lessons from
Dudly the Imposter.

Speaks as an authority on space science, Has trouble with distance to
the moon.

I thought it terribly IRONIC that long-time radio amateur
Carl Stevenson, WK3C, who WAS REFUSED A NOMINATION FOR OFFICE
AT THE ARRL (an AMATEUR organization), managed to not only
GET ON a ballot of the IEEE (a PROFESSIONAL association), and
WIN! :-)

Not ironic at all.

WRONG. INCORRECT.

The standards of amateurism are different. Ask Jim Thorpe.

Dead a long time ago. Do you talk to the dead?!?

Other than the BoD that is...

Why would an atheist think he could talk to the dead? Reminds me of
Steve's recent attempt to talk to W0EX.

Carl had more than enough signatures on his nomination papers.
But the Executive Committee that decides such matters though there
was a conflict of interest between his professional duties and being
an ARRL Director, and declared him ineligible to run. That decision
was not reversed by the BoD.

We've all seen your parroting of ARRL-is-god spin in here
before on that matter.

Put a cork in it and go to your seance. Ask Jim Fixx.

He'll blow right by Jim Fixx and got straight to Hiram. Jim got clout.

[...]

Hi!!!

Old November 10th 05, 01:57 AM
an old friend

From: on Nov 9, 4:04 pm

From: on Nov 8, 5:55 pm
On 8 Nov 2005 17:18:20 -0800, wrote:

Carl Stevenson was elected Member at Large of the IEEE Standards
Association in IEEE news e-mailed to members today.

Many of us have sent him our congratulations.

What do you mean "we?" You wouldn't have known about an IEEE
election without a notice from an IEEE member. YOU are NOT
an IEEE member.

WE don't know where or what YOUR "professional" electronics
activity is/involves. You could be taking lessons from
Dudly the Imposter.

I thought it terribly IRONIC that long-time radio amateur
Carl Stevenson, WK3C, who WAS REFUSED A NOMINATION FOR OFFICE
AT THE ARRL (an AMATEUR organization), managed to not only
GET ON a ballot of the IEEE (a PROFESSIONAL association), and
WIN! :-)

Not ironic at all.

WRONG. INCORRECT.

Jim would not know irany if it.. Nah beter not say might be accused of
threatening him

The standards of amateurism are different. Ask Jim Thorpe.

Dead a long time ago. Do you talk to the dead?!?

Other than the BoD that is...

sorry Len you blew it the ARRL BoD is alive. The dead the do have
better manner and more honesty

Dave says I must my fellows No Coders when they make mistake and I'll
take his advice (be sure and thank him for me)

I can not allow to defile the dead as general class ( as opposed to
general license holders) by trying to class the ARRL BoD amoug them. I
will have to write a strong worded to the LA Times or something if you
don't stop distrubing the peace the dead have earned by trying include
the ARRL BoD amoug them before they have to accept those "persons" for
want of a better word

Carl had more than enough signatures on his nomination papers.
But the Executive Committee that decides such matters though there
was a conflict of interest between his professional duties and being
an ARRL Director, and declared him ineligible to run. That decision
was not reversed by the BoD.

We've all seen your parroting of ARRL-is-god spin in here
before on that matter.

Put a cork in it and go to your seance. Ask Jim Fixx.

Some members of ARRL, particularly in the Atlantic Division, did not
agree with that decision, and made their disagreement known to the
BoD, the other officers of ARRL, and anybody else involved. Those
efforts to get him on the ballot were, unfortunately, not successful.

One cannot argue with the dead.

in point of fact you can argue with the dead at least they better obey
stardards of truthfullness honesty and integety better than some we
could mention

One cannot argue with morsemen.

you got that right right on the money

Protect Us Oh Lord from the warth of the Morsemen

Hard to tell the difference there...

wrong again the dead speak bettera fter awhile they even smell better
than some of the Morsemen

Old November 10th 05, 01:58 AM

From: on Nov 9, 4:04 pm
From: on Nov 8, 5:55 pm
On 8 Nov 2005 17:18:20 -0800, wrote:

Carl Stevenson was elected Member at Large of the IEEE Standards
Association in IEEE news e-mailed to members today.

Many of us have sent him our congratulations.

What do you mean "we?"

Those of us who know about his election.

You wouldn't have known about an IEEE
election without a notice from an IEEE member.

And yet I know about it. Fancy that!

YOU are NOT an IEEE member.

So? Membership is not required to offer congratulations.

WE don't know where or what YOUR "professional" electronics
activity is/involves.

Are you the Pope, Len?

I thought it terribly IRONIC that long-time radio amateur
Carl Stevenson, WK3C, who WAS REFUSED A NOMINATION FOR OFFICE
AT THE ARRL (an AMATEUR organization), managed to not only
GET ON a ballot of the IEEE (a PROFESSIONAL association), and
WIN! :-)

Not ironic at all.

WRONG. INCORRECT.

Says who?

The standards of amateurism are different. Ask Jim Thorpe.

Dead a long time ago. Do you talk to the dead?!?

Other than the BoD that is...

Carl had more than enough signatures on his nomination papers.
But the Executive Committee that decides such matters though there
was a conflict of interest between his professional duties and being
an ARRL Director, and declared him ineligible to run. That decision
was not reversed by the BoD.

We've all seen your parroting of ARRL-is-god spin in here
before on that matter.

ARRL isn't 'god', Len. Neither are you.

Put a cork in it and go to your seance. Ask Jim Fixx.

Ah, another one of your "shut up" phrases.

Some members of ARRL, particularly in the Atlantic Division, did not
agree with that decision, and made their disagreement known to the
BoD, the other officers of ARRL, and anybody else involved. Those
efforts to get him on the ballot were, unfortunately, not successful.

One cannot argue with the dead.

One cannot argue with morsemen.

Hard to tell the difference there...

I'm quite alive, Len.

You might be surprised to know who some of those who
supported WK3C's candidacy for ARRL director are, Len.

btw, it is interesting to note the name of Carl's firm.

Why? Because he has one and you do not?

No.

Do you know the name of his firm?

You know damn well that Carl got tossed off the nomination sheet
due to his being Executive Director of No Code International.

No, I don't know that at all. You don't either, you just take any
excuse to
bash ARRL.

ARRL doesn't want no-coders.

Really? Many of the directors support the elimination of the code test.
So does much of the membership. The ARRL proposal to keep the test
for Extra only is a compromise meant to give the diverse ARRL
membership
some of what they want.

Compromise - do you know what that is, Len?

ARRL wants only those "acceptible" to the BoD hierarchy.

"Acceptible"?

Old November 10th 05, 04:23 AM
Cmdr Buzz Corey

an old friend wrote:

Jim would not know irany if it..

Irany - someone who lives in Iran.
Old November 10th 05, 04:50 AM
an old friend

Cmdr Buzz Corey wrote:
an old friend wrote:

Jim would not know irany if it..

Irany - someone who lives in Iran.

at least I am a person not a cancelled cartoon style character rediced
to playing a an unpaid spelling cop

Old November 10th 05, 07:03 AM

Default Carl Stevenson Elected

Thank you for the files sent in private e-mail. I could not
return a private thank-you note since the mailer daemons
didn't like the web address you gave me.

I get IEEE news notices as a Life Member (no dues, by the way, no
extra fees to reach Life status). Not a member of any Standards
group, my recent IEEE election ballot did not allow me to vote on
Carl even though he was in the pre-election booklet sent out to all
(included his picture).

Past Gems from Candidate Carl Dave Heil Policy 22 August 28th 05 04:38 PM
Carl WK3C Runs for ARRL Directorship [email protected] Policy 7 August 19th 05 03:17 AM
Don't Forget To Write/E-mail Your Elected Reps. re. NPRM WT 05-235 Bert Craig Policy 1 August 10th 05 01:27 AM
Eye Gore Elected Pope David Shortwave 0 April 20th 05 12:46 AM
NCVEC Position on Code Chic N Pox Policy 87 August 19th 03 12:41 PM