Old November 10th 05, 01:25 PM
Dave Heil

Default Carl Stevenson Elected To IEEE Post

an old friend wrote:
Cmdr Buzz Corey wrote:
an old friend wrote:

Jim would not know irany if it..

Irany - someone who lives in Iran.

at least I am a person not a cancelled cartoon style character rediced
to playing a an unpaid spelling cop

You're right, Mark. You're more like a current cartoon-style character
"rediced" to playing a buffoon on r.r.a.p.

You believe that Space Patrol was a cartoon show?

Dave K8MN

Old November 10th 05, 01:34 PM
K4YZ

an old friend wrote:
Cmdr Buzz Corey wrote:
an old friend wrote:
Jim would not know irany if it..

Irany - someone who lives in Iran.

at least I am a person not a cancelled cartoon style character rediced
to playing a an unpaid spelling cop

At least an unpaid spelling cop can spell "reduced"....

Sheeesh.

Steve, K4YZ

Old November 10th 05, 05:05 PM
an old friend

K4YZ wrote:
an old friend wrote:
Cmdr Buzz Corey wrote:
an old friend wrote:
Jim would not know irany if it..

Irany - someone who lives in Iran.

at least I am a person not a cancelled cartoon style character rediced
to playing a an unpaid spelling cop

At least an unpaid spelling cop can spell "reduced"....

Sheeesh.

another speling cop heard from

Steve, K4YZ

Old November 10th 05, 06:53 PM
Dave Heil

an old friend wrote:

Dave says I must my fellows No Coders when they make mistake and I'll
take his advice (be sure and thank him for me)

I said that you must your fellows No Coders? I must have been drunk or
insane when I wrote that.

Protect Us Oh Lord from the warth of the Morsemen

Oh Lords? What's your net warth, Mark?

Dave K8MN
Old November 10th 05, 07:19 PM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by

I could not return a private thank-you note since the mailer daemons didn't like the web address you gave me.
Perfect spam-proofing ---

If you know my-last-name you're golden; if you're a stranger the daemons will protect me.

The Man in the Maze
QRV from Baboquivari Peak, AZ
Old November 10th 05, 09:52 PM

Default Carl Stevenson Elected

Iitoi -

Thank you for the files sent in private e-mail. I could not
return a private thank-you note since the mailer daemons
didn't like the web address you gave me.

I get IEEE news notices as a Life Member (no dues, by the way, no
extra fees to reach Life status). Not a member of any Standards
group, my recent IEEE election ballot did not allow me to vote on
Carl even though he was in the pre-election booklet sent out to all
(included his picture).

Old November 10th 05, 09:54 PM

From: on Nov 9, 5:55 pm

From: on Nov 9, 4:04 pm
From: on Nov 8, 5:55 pm
On 8 Nov 2005 17:18:20 -0800, wrote:

Carl Stevenson was elected Member at Large of the IEEE Standards
Association in IEEE news e-mailed to members today.

Many of us have sent him our congratulations.

What do you mean "we?" You wouldn't have known about an IEEE
election without a notice from an IEEE member. YOU are NOT
an IEEE member.

Mouse. Pocket.

Notice that Jimmie worded his sentence about "congratulations"
to NOT SPECIFICALLY SAY that J. P. Miccolis congratulated him.
Gives the impression, the implication that he did without
committing his name to some "fact."

WE don't know where or what YOUR "professional" electronics
activity is/involves. You could be taking lessons from
Dudly the Imposter.

Speaks as an authority on space science, Has trouble with distance to
the moon.

Jimmie has lots of troubles. Like telling EXACTLY what he does
for a living as a "professional."

I thought it terribly IRONIC that long-time radio amateur
Carl Stevenson, WK3C, who WAS REFUSED A NOMINATION FOR OFFICE
AT THE ARRL (an AMATEUR organization), managed to not only
GET ON a ballot of the IEEE (a PROFESSIONAL association), and
WIN! :-)

Not ironic at all.

WRONG. INCORRECT.

The standards of amateurism are different. Ask Jim Thorpe.

Dead a long time ago. Do you talk to the dead?!?

Other than the BoD that is...

Why would an atheist think he could talk to the dead? Reminds me of
Steve's recent attempt to talk to W0EX.

Dudly the Imposter can do ANYTHING. He just hasn't gotten around
to claiming everything yet... :-)

Carl had more than enough signatures on his nomination papers.
But the Executive Committee that decides such matters though there
was a conflict of interest between his professional duties and being
an ARRL Director, and declared him ineligible to run. That decision
was not reversed by the BoD.

We've all seen your parroting of ARRL-is-god spin in here
before on that matter.

Put a cork in it and go to your seance. Ask Jim Fixx.

He'll blow right by Jim Fixx and got straight to Hiram. Jim got clout.

Heh hehe. Last time I mentioned "Jim Fixx," Jimmie did NOT
seem to know who that person was.

Fixx was an author of at least one best-selling book on RUNNING.

Claimed it "prevented heart problems." Fixx died while running,
of a heart attack. Ironic.

Some members of ARRL, particularly in the Atlantic Division, did not
agree with that decision, and made their disagreement known to the
BoD, the other officers of ARRL, and anybody else involved. Those
efforts to get him on the ballot were, unfortunately, not successful.

One cannot argue with the dead.

One cannot argue with morsemen.

Hard to tell the difference there...

If the hierarchy of ARRL doesn't want someone anywhere close
to their entrenched POWER, that's it.

In 2003 Dave Sumner pulled down an annual salary of $137,558
plus $9,239 in Benefits plus $7,829 in "expenses." [source:
ARRL federal income tax returns for 2003 filed in 2004] Not
bad for being an executive vice president and "secretary."
That's higher than most managers in the electronics industry.
It's understandable that such would be very protective of
their income.

In 2003 ARRL had 23 paid positions making over $50,000 a year.
Only 10 of those were listed on the IRS returns for 2003.
Not bad for a supposedly altruistic membership organization
of only 145 thousand members supposedly "representing" all
700+ thousand United States radio amateurs. Like they make
"no profit" from their many books and other publications...

If ARRL loses membership, loses sales, well, there goes the
income. "It's all about the money with them" might fit as
Jimmie likes to put it...

btw, it is interesting to note the name of Carl's firm.

Why? Because he has one and you do not?

Jimmie probably thinks amateur radio terms are somehow
"copyrighted" and MUST NOT EVER be used in business.

Sort of like "QST," "CQ," "73," and "W5YI Group."

Jimmie now preparing to argue that I am "mistaken."
ARRL "invented" the Q-code QST...73 went out of business,
W5YI Group "doesn't like morse code" (they teach it
anyway). Don't know what Jimmie will call "CQ" since
they are a magazine competitor to QST...but he will no
doubt say they are "lower class" or something like that...

You know damn well that Carl got tossed off the nomination sheet
due to his being Executive Director of No Code International.
ARRL doesn't want no-coders. ARRL wants only those "acceptible"
to the BoD hierarchy.

ARRL has a VIRTUAL monopoly on United States amateur radio
publications. Has had that for years. Beautiful vehicle
for conditioning the thinking of United States radio amateurs.
George Orwell coined the term "big brother." That fits the
ARRL too.

Past Gems from Candidate Carl Dave Heil Policy 22 August 28th 05 04:38 PM
Carl WK3C Runs for ARRL Directorship [email protected] Policy 7 August 19th 05 03:17 AM
Don't Forget To Write/E-mail Your Elected Reps. re. NPRM WT 05-235 Bert Craig Policy 1 August 10th 05 01:27 AM
Eye Gore Elected Pope David Shortwave 0 April 20th 05 12:46 AM
NCVEC Position on Code Chic N Pox Policy 87 August 19th 03 12:41 PM