Old November 11th 05, 12:39 AM

Default Carl Stevenson Elected To IEEE Post

From: on Nov 10, 2:42 pm

wrote:

Many of us have sent him our congratulations.

Notice that Jimmie worded his sentence about "congratulations"
to NOT SPECIFICALLY SAY that J. P. Miccolis congratulated him.

Your reading comprehension is a bad as ever, Len.

WRONG. It is excellent.

Jimmie, YOUR MISTAKE was using vague adjectives as descriptors.

"Many of us" does NOT specifically include YOU.

You know that very well. Or did, once the Nuns spanked your
knuckles.

Try as you might, you aren't going to win message points by
manufacturing falsehoods or even brags about your writing
ability, the ones where you CLAIM to have said something
when you OBVIOUSLY did NOT do so.

Then let me say it another way:

I and many others sent him our congratulations.

Prove that. Prove the number of "many others."

Did you get a "group hug" together or what? :-)

Is that clear enough for ya?

Not really. All you've done is just more MISDIRECTION, trying
to avoid having obvious errors pointed out to you by saying
someone else "did wrong."

Now HOW DID YOU KNOW Carl was elected to anything? :-)

Don't give us some fogware bull**** about "you knew." The
results of the IEEE election were sent by private e-mail to
IEEE members on the same day as I posted the results.

You are NOT an IEEE member. I am a Life Member of the IEEE.

I will not expect any cogent answer from you. I will expect
some more fogware bull**** saying that *I* did something
"wrong" ("wrong" according to YOUR standards).

Old November 11th 05, 12:54 AM

From: on Nov 10, 2:42 pm
wrote:

Many of us have sent him our congratulations.
Notice that Jimmie worded his sentence about "congratulations"
to NOT SPECIFICALLY SAY that J. P. Miccolis congratulated him.

Your reading comprehension is a bad as ever, Len.

WRONG. It is excellent.

Dream on, Len. You messed up.

Jimmie, YOUR MISTAKE was using vague adjectives as descriptors.

"Many of us" does NOT specifically include YOU.

Yes it does.

You know that very well. Or did, once the Nuns spanked your
knuckles.

Try as you might, you aren't going to win message points by
manufacturing falsehoods or even brags about your writing
ability, the ones where you CLAIM to have said something
when you OBVIOUSLY did NOT do so.

Gosh you're all upset and overwrought, Len.

Then let me say it another way:

I and many others sent him our congratulations.

Prove that. Prove the number of "many others."

Why? You won't accept it anyway.

Did you get a "group hug" together or what? :-)

Is that clear enough for ya?

Not really. All you've done is just more MISDIRECTION, trying
to avoid having obvious errors pointed out to you by saying
someone else "did wrong."

Now HOW DID YOU KNOW Carl was elected to anything? :-)

I found out.

Don't give us some fogware bull**** about "you knew."

Fogware bull**** is your specialty, Len. You're the acknowledged expert
on that subject.

The
results of the IEEE election were sent by private e-mail to
IEEE members on the same day as I posted the results.

I knew on November 7.

You are NOT an IEEE member. I am a Life Member of the IEEE.

Well bully for you, Len.

You are NOT a radio amateur. I am an Amateur Extra class radio
amateur, and have been since 1970.

Game, set, match.

I will not expect any cogent answer from you.

You don't give "cogent answers", Len.

By the way, when WK3C was trying to get on the ballot for ARRL Director
from the Atlantic Division, there were a number of people who tried to
get the ARRL BoD and Executive Committee to allow him to run.

Guess who some of those people were.

Old November 11th 05, 03:36 AM

From: on Nov 10, 4:54 pm

From: on Nov 10, 2:42 pm
wrote:

Many of us have sent him our congratulations.

Notice that Jimmie worded his sentence about "congratulations"
to NOT SPECIFICALLY SAY that J. P. Miccolis congratulated him.

Your reading comprehension is a bad as ever, Len.

WRONG. It is excellent.

Dream on, Len. You messed up.

Oh, oh...it was bound to happen...J.P. Miccolis is becoming
a clone of Dudly the Imposter!

Tsk, everyone ELSE "makes mistakes," Jimmie doesn't.

Jimmie, YOUR MISTAKE was using vague adjectives as descriptors.
"Many of us" does NOT specifically include YOU.

Yes it does.

Tsk..."many of us" doesn't say anything specific at all.

What does/do "us" refer to?

How many is "many?" :-)

I and many others sent him our congratulations.

Prove that. Prove the number of "many others."

Why? You won't accept it anyway.

Jimmie: "Waaaa...waaaa...big bad Len don't accept it!"

:-)

Now HOW DID YOU KNOW Carl was elected to anything? :-)

I found out.

Tsk...how did you "find out?"

Someone sent you a morse code message on 40 meters? :-)

You had your crystal ball plugged in and saw the news? :-)

Don't give us some fogware bull**** about "you knew."

Fogware bull**** is your specialty, Len. You're the acknowledged expert
on that subject.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...Jimmie say NON-specifics with NO answers,
and is uncivil on top of that. :-)

Let me repeat, HOW did you FIND OUT?

The
results of the IEEE election were sent by private e-mail to
IEEE members on the same day as I posted the results.

I knew on November 7.

HOW did you FIND OUT?

You are NOT an IEEE member. I am a Life Member of the IEEE.

Well bully for you, Len.

[a decided lack of sincerity there...:-) ]

You are NOT a radio amateur. I am an Amateur Extra class radio
amateur, and have been since 1970.

I am a radio professional. I was granted a First Class
Radiotelephone (Commercial) radio operator license in 1956
and kept it renewed.

I've been a professional in radio since 1953, beginning with
HF communictions.

I've been a hobbyist in electronics as well, beginning in
1947. Still am.

BTW, "electronics" INCLUDES radio. Radio is a subset within
all of electronics.

Have you been an editor of an amateur radio specialty
publication? I was an Associate Editor at Ham Radio magazine.
[look on the mastheads]

Jimmie say I have "smallest johnson ever made." Not nice.

My johnson all natural ingredients, not manufactured.

Game, set, match.

Tsk, tsk, why are you quoting a Len Deighton novel trilogy?

Is/was author Len Deighton a UK or Irish radio amateur?

I will not expect any cogent answer from you.

You don't give "cogent answers", Len.

Tsk, you don't give good question, Jimmie.

You don't give good answer.

Jimmie just not good.

Jimmie want answers that please him. Too bad you not get them.

Tsk.

Old November 11th 05, 10:12 AM

Default IEEE Not A Secret

From: on Nov 10, 4:54 pm
From: on Nov 10, 2:42 pm
wrote:

I and many others sent him our congratulations.

Now HOW DID YOU KNOW Carl was elected to anything? :-)

I found out.

Tsk...how did you "find out?"

It's not a secret, Len.

Don't give us some fogware bull**** about "you knew."

Fogware bull**** is your specialty, Len. You're the acknowledged expert
on that subject.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...Jimmie say NON-specifics with NO answers,
and is uncivil on top of that. :-)

You used the phrase "fogware bull****" first, Len.

Let me repeat, HOW did you FIND OUT?

Good news travels fast. While I may not agree with WK3C on a few
things, it was good news to hear of his election to that IEEE post.
So I offered him my congratulations. I was pleased that he won
but not surprised.

Too bad the ARRL BoD and Executive Committee could not be
made to change their minds about allowing him to run for Director
of the Atlantic Division, despite the efforts of some of us in the
Division to get him on the ballot.

The
results of the IEEE election were sent by private e-mail to
IEEE members on the same day as I posted the results.

I knew on November 7.

HOW did you FIND OUT?

Why does that matter so much to you, Len?

Jimmie say I have "smallest johnson ever made."

Nobody said that but you, Len.

I wrote some time back that you had held onto "one of the
smallest Johnsons ever produced".

And you have.

Not nice.

What's not nice about telling the truth? The Johnson Viking Messenger
is smaller than almost all other Johnsons.

I will not expect any cogent answer from you.

You don't give "cogent answers", Len.

Tsk, you don't give good question, Jimmie.

You mean like:

"Tsk...how did you "find out?""

"Let me repeat, HOW did you FIND OUT?"

"HOW did you FIND OUT?"

Is your behavior here "professional", Len?

Old November 11th 05, 02:48 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

wrote in message
oups.com...

From: on Nov 8, 5:55 pm

On 8 Nov 2005 17:18:20 -0800, wrote:

Carl Stevenson was elected Member at Large of the IEEE Standards

Association in IEEE news e-mailed to members today.

Just to clarify, it's actually a seat on the IEEE-SA Board of Governors - a
role that Dennis Bodson, ARRL Roanoake Division Director held for some time
in parallel with his ARRL position.

[snip]

I thought it terribly IRONIC that long-time radio amateur

Carl Stevenson, WK3C, who WAS REFUSED A NOMINATION FOR OFFICE

AT THE ARRL (an AMATEUR organization), managed to not only

GET ON a ballot of the IEEE (a PROFESSIONAL association), and

WIN! :-)

Not ironic at all.

The standards of amateurism are different. Ask Jim Thorpe.

Carl had more than enough signatures on his nomination papers.

But the Executive Committee that decides such matters though there

was a conflict of interest between his professional duties and being

an ARRL Director, and declared him ineligible to run. That decision

was not reversed by the BoD.

Some members of ARRL, particularly in the Atlantic Division, did not

agree with that decision, and made their disagreement known to the

BoD, the other officers of ARRL, and anybody else involved. Those

efforts to get him on the ballot were, unfortunately, not successful.

btw, it is interesting to note the name of Carl's firm.

Jim is referring to the fact that my company is named "WK3C Wireless LLC"
.... The simple fact of the matter is that, since "WK3C" is unique to me, it
was a simple way of assuring that there were no name conflicts when I filed
the papers to form the company with the PA authorities.

73,

Carl - wk3c

Old November 11th 05, 03:30 PM
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl R. Stevenson
Just to clarify, it's actually a seat on the IEEE-SA Board of Governors - a role that Dennis Bodson, ARRL Roanoake Division Director held for some time in parallel with his ARRL position.
Congratulations, Carl, and thanks for the press releases you sent.

For those who don't get all your news from rrap or IEEE bulletins, open your copy of this months copy of Scientific American magazine. In it they recognize Carl by naming him one of the "SA50" for his work in WiFi radio.

The Man in the Maze
QRV from Baboquivari Peak, AZ
Old November 11th 05, 07:57 PM

From: on Nov 11, 7:21 am

ARRL has a VIRTUAL monopoly on United States amateur radio
publications. Has had that for years.

"CQ" magazine. "73" magazine. "ham radio" magazine. Bash books.
Gordon West publications. "Worldradio" publications. Ameco
publications.
W5YI.

"Ham Radio" magazine has been pronounced "defunct" by you. Now you
claim differently? And Bash, what is the copyright on the latest Bash
book?

Tsk, tsk. Note that Jimmie refused to capitalize the Ham
Radio magazine name. Ham Radio magazine ceased publication
in 1990. That was 15 years before now. Ham Radio had been
in continuous INDEPENDENT monthly publication for 22 years.

Irony is that the Ham Radio Bookstore got sold to CQ along
with HR and is still in business. HR continued with a
quarterly that became Communications Quarterly under the
CQ aegis, then merged with ARRL's QEX. CQ Communications
made a 3-disk CD on all 22 years worth of HR articles and
sells it over their Book Store for $150. ARRL resells the
same item. :-)

One has only to drop into any HRO and check out their
books-magazines rack/display. ARRL publications far
out-pace ALL others. Just a glance at the ARRL web page
will show books of all sorts on amateur radio for sale,
including fiction novels. The nearest competitor is CQ
Communications products through its Book Store via mail
order.

I do like World Radio and think "thier" SAR columns are excellent. I
need to subscribe to them now that the ARRL has lost my membership or
19 years. They should have let Carl run and take his chances with the
rest of the contenders. Last Straw. Too bad for the ARRL.

ARRL can do no wrong. Ever.

May Jimmie dwell in the house of the Board forever.

Past Gems from Candidate Carl Dave Heil Policy 22 August 28th 05 04:38 PM
Carl WK3C Runs for ARRL Directorship [email protected] Policy 7 August 19th 05 03:17 AM
Don't Forget To Write/E-mail Your Elected Reps. re. NPRM WT 05-235 Bert Craig Policy 1 August 10th 05 01:27 AM
Eye Gore Elected Pope David Shortwave 0 April 20th 05 12:46 AM
NCVEC Position on Code Chic N Pox Policy 87 August 19th 03 12:41 PM