Old November 13th 05, 05:19 PM
an old friend

Default FAQ, just what is Ham Radio?

zYYPK wrote:
"an old friend" wrote:

ah yes there I have it proof enough for me the poster name not be taken
seriously

yes... wallyrally has been hiding in the shadows for over a year.

you are the poster being reffered to

and the charge is not of hiding but proof nothing you say need be taken
seriously

Old November 13th 05, 05:31 PM
Walter Raleigh

"an old friend" wrote in message
oups.com...
you are the poster being reffered to

and the charge is not of hiding but proof nothing you say need be taken
seriously

Don't worry, z??pk has no problem with picking up the baton and defending
himself, usually by the wrong end unfortunately...

He loves being called Rumpelstiltskin (© G8OSN), another individual who
hated it when people referred to him by name.

--
73s de Walter R.

Old November 14th 05, 10:06 AM
gadge

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:05:02 +0000, Nedlar wrote:

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 10:31:51 +0000, gadge wrote:

I'm not a cb'er, never was and never will be and ham radio still looks
like cb to me! Why is that?

Because the amateur bands are now full of brain-dead, non-technical CBrs.

There are many ex/current cb'ers who are G/M0 class and proud of it.

That's why 'ham radio still looks like CB' , as you so correctly put it.

Rubbish. Some of us have passed electronics course/exams at BSC honours
level and yet we are not interested in the slightest with morse.

That old excuse has been around for decades. It's just as dishonest now as
it's always been. It's usually trotted out by CBrs and the lazy-arsed.

Ok, you support morse. I support more advanced technical exams. That way I
keep out cb'ers and morse nuts! ROTFLMAO
win win

Old November 14th 05, 10:11 PM
zYYPK

"Walter Raleigh" wrote:

"an old friend" wrote in message
oups.com...
you are the poster being reffered to

and the charge is not of hiding but proof nothing you say need be taken
seriously

Don't worry, z??pk has no problem with picking up the baton and defending
himself, usually by the wrong end unfortunately...

He loves being called Rumpelstiltskin (© G8OSN), another individual who
hated it when people referred to him by name.

talk about wrong end of stick !

Old November 21st 05, 06:52 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Polymath wrote:

What is Ham Radio?

Blimey! I can't believe he's at it again!