Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 15th 05, 03:01 AM

Default Two Kinds of People on RRAP

I was thinking back to simpler times on RRAP; about a lad who came upon
this motley group and immediately became the darling of one faction of
the code test/no code test war. This old post kind of distilled those
thoughts.

Enjoy. The suprise is at the end.

Good things about the code? Yeah, I'm sure it's the greatest thing

since
sliced bread. Can't stand it myself, of course ... but why do we have to
open that can of worms?

73 de Alun, N3KIP

No, no. But that's what most everything here boils down to. Might as
well get it out of the way so they can decide which side to put you
on.
Kind of like a young man named Val. He came on here saying all the
right things about Morse code. He was their little darling. Said he
was going to take the code test.

There are four basic truths he

You took the code exam and you like code: you're OK.
You took the code exam and you don't like the code: you're an idiot.
You never learned the code but want to: you're OK.
You never learned the code and don't want to: you're an idiot.

Kind of like a young man named Val. He came on here saying all the
right things about Morse code. He was their little darling. Said he
was going to take the code test.

For the record, I don't support code testing as a separate pass/fail
HF exam.

73, Brian

And the suprise? It's no suprise at all. Valentine Germann' license
has been unmodified since April 1, 2002. But he sure was the darling
while he was here. Hi!

Callsign: KC0MUB Class: Technician Codes: HAI USA
Name: Valentine H Germann