Old November 17th 05, 12:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
K4YZ

Default A Practical Challenge For The Feeble Five...And A Bloody Nose For FoS

wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 16 Nov 2005 07:02:10 -0800, wrote in
.com:
snip
he would be required to own them in the Army

Having never served in the Army, I never had that problem.

The two sets of dress blues I owned while in the Marine Corps were
issued to me, free of charge. A "perk" of assigned duties.

More bull#### from Major Dud [sigh]. Uniforms in the Corps are never
issued "free of charge", assigned duties or not.

My emphasis follows:

"UNIFORMS IN THE CORPS ARE NEVER ISSUED "FREE OF CHARGE", ASSIGNED
DUTIES OR NOT"...Frank Gilliland

Let's find out.

It might be possible that Steve was assigned to guard the Tomb of the
Unknown Soldier. They probably make a special allowance for uniforms
there.

Yoiu can bet they do, Brain, but the Tomb of the Unknowns is not
guarded by Marines.

Here's an idea for The Feeble Five, Brain and Frankie especially:

Pick up your local telephone book. Look under "US Government".
Under "Armed Forces" you'll find a USMC Recruiter. Tell him/her you're
"doing a paper" about uniforms of the Armed Forces.

Read back Frankie's assertion about uniforms NOT being issued
"...'free of charge', assigned duties or not..." Ask him/her to
validate that as correct or not.

Ask the Recruiter how much he or she had to pay for his/her Dress
Blues when they were assigned the billet.

Then ask them how much Marines are billed for their first seabag of
uniforms in boot camp. (Remember, Frankie said Marines are NOT issued
UNIFORMS free of charge, assigned duties or not...)

Ask him/her if Marines in Iraq were required to buy the desert
cammies. The same ones they are required to have in-theater along with
all sewn-on name tags, etc. (Remember, Frankie said UNIFORMS...Not any
one type or style...)

Ask him/her if MY assertion about B-Billet assignments (Drill
Instructor, I&I duty, Eighth and I Street/HQMC, Embassy Duty, etc)
rating an issue of dress blues is true or not.

Youse guys up to it?

Or how about a letter addressed directly to HQMC? Surely you can
take the above suggestions and pare them into a letter that sounds as
if you're conducting some sort of research. Better yet, I think I'll
do that part. Then we can compare notes.

Brain...at this point you can just ease out if you want to and
I'll let you call it "even"...Like I said, it's not wise taking
"counsel" about USMC policy from a one-tour, twice court martialed,
self-proclaimed " ####bird PFC " idiot.

I understand you that were caught up in the heat of the moment,
but I don't believe that even you're so foolish as to continue the
"argument" in the face of reliable, third party corroboration of my
"claims".

I wonder how Frankie will slither out from under THIS rock!

Steve, K4YZ

PS: If you're REALLY adventurous, you might even ask about the
"civilian" business suits/sports blazers issued to Marines in some
Embassies and/or other sensitive assignments as an "alternative
uniform". I am willing to bet Dave saw one or two of these guys/gals
over the years!

Old November 17th 05, 02:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland

On 17 Nov 2005 04:48:12 -0800, "K4YZ" wrote in
. com:

wrote:
Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 16 Nov 2005 07:02:10 -0800, wrote in
.com:
snip
he would be required to own them in the Army

Having never served in the Army, I never had that problem.

The two sets of dress blues I owned while in the Marine Corps were
issued to me, free of charge. A "perk" of assigned duties.

More bull#### from Major Dud [sigh]. Uniforms in the Corps are never
issued "free of charge", assigned duties or not.

My emphasis follows:

"UNIFORMS IN THE CORPS ARE NEVER ISSUED "FREE OF CHARGE", ASSIGNED
DUTIES OR NOT"...Frank Gilliland

Let's find out.

Yes, let's find out......

It might be possible that Steve was assigned to guard the Tomb of the
Unknown Soldier. They probably make a special allowance for uniforms
there.

Yoiu can bet they do, Brain, but the Tomb of the Unknowns is not
guarded by Marines.

Here's an idea for The Feeble Five, Brain and Frankie especially:

Pick up your local telephone book. Look under "US Government".
Under "Armed Forces" you'll find a USMC Recruiter. Tell him/her you're
"doing a paper" about uniforms of the Armed Forces.

Read back Frankie's assertion about uniforms NOT being issued
"...'free of charge', assigned duties or not..." Ask him/her to
validate that as correct or not.

I agree. Anyone who wants to know the truth should do just as you
suggest.

Ask the Recruiter how much he or she had to pay for his/her Dress
Blues when they were assigned the billet.

They pay the same price as any other Marine.

Then ask them how much Marines are billed for their first seabag of
uniforms in boot camp. (Remember, Frankie said Marines are NOT issued
UNIFORMS free of charge, assigned duties or not...)

Judas Holy Roller Priest..... you didn't even go through boot camp!!!!
The very first day (when you are standing on the yellow footprints)
you are given a book of chits that are used to buy everything you
need, including your uniforms. The money that is spent from that book
of chits is deducted from your paycheck. My "chit book" started at
about $210, and there was about $30 left that was added to my check
when I left San Diego.

****, you weren't even a reservist. You are a complete Dud.

Ask him/her if Marines in Iraq were required to buy the desert
cammies.

Absolutely.

The same ones they are required to have in-theater along with
all sewn-on name tags, etc.

Yep. Still got mine with my name stamped on the back and a target
(flag) sewn on the sleeve from when I was on float with the 24th MAU.

(Remember, Frankie said UNIFORMS...Not any
one type or style...)

Yep. Cammies, alphas, charlies, dress blues..... you gotta pay for all
of them.

Ask him/her if MY assertion about B-Billet assignments (Drill
Instructor, I&I duty, Eighth and I Street/HQMC, Embassy Duty, etc)
rating an issue of dress blues is true or not.

Ask away. Even ask the dudes at the rifle range if they have to buy
their own pith helmets -- they do.

Youse guys up to it?

I hope so.

Or how about a letter addressed directly to HQMC? Surely you can
take the above suggestions and pare them into a letter that sounds as
if you're conducting some sort of research. Better yet, I think I'll
do that part. Then we can compare notes.

As long as you include headers. Doesn't matter tho, you won't be
posting your reply because it will conflict with your "truth".

You weren't even in the Corps. Shut the **** up.

I understand you that were caught up in the heat of the moment,
but I don't believe that even you're so foolish as to continue the
"argument" in the face of reliable, third party corroboration of my
"claims".

I wonder how Frankie will slither out from under THIS rock!

Steve "wannabe-Marine" Robeson, K4YZ

I have never had to hide under any rock. But you do because you don't
even have a DD-214. Be careful, Dud -- there may be a rock headed your
way.

PS: If you're REALLY adventurous, you might even ask about the
"civilian" business suits/sports blazers issued to Marines in some
Embassies and/or other sensitive assignments as an "alternative
uniform". I am willing to bet Dave saw one or two of these guys/gals
over the years!

We can talk about embassy duty too, Dud. I spent quite a bit of time
at the US/UK embassy in Beirut. Wanna go there?

Old November 17th 05, 09:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
KØHB

"K4YZ" wrote in message
ups.com...

Then ask them how much Marines are billed for their first seabag of
uniforms in boot camp. (Remember, Frankie said Marines are NOT issued
UNIFORMS free of charge, assigned duties or not...)

My copy of MCO P10120.28G (Individual Clothing Regulations) dated 08 Jul 05
says:

"2000. INTRODUCTION. Reference (f) directs the services to provide enlisted
service members with all uniforms required for wear. Initially, this
requirement is met by issuing all recruits the Initial Clothing Allowance
(commonly known as the "sea bag") at recruit training. Marine recruits are
issued required uniforms, t-shirts, shorts, and sweat suits; free of charge.
This chapter contains a listing of the Initial Clothing Allowance (seabag) issue
and other authorized clothing allowances, issues, and entitlement criteria.
Allowances are gratuitous, i.e. at government expense. Authorized personnel do
not pay for allowances, neither directly nor via pay checkage."

Seems pretty clear to me that the initial "sea bag" issued at MCRD is "free of
charge".

Ask him/her if MY assertion about B-Billet assignments (Drill
Instructor, I&I duty, Eighth and I Street/HQMC, Embassy Duty, etc)
rating an issue of dress blues is true or not.

That would come under the heading of a supplementary clothing allowance. MCO
P10120.28G has this to say about that.

"2008. SUPPLEMENTARY CLOTHING ALLOWANCES. Supplementary clothing allowances
are additional/extra clothing allowances authorized to enlisted personnel when
they are assigned to a tour of duty that requires extra clothing for the
performance of such duty. Supplementary clothing allowances are additional
quantities or special items of uniform clothing not required by the majority of
other enlisted personnel. Organizational clothing should also be considered as
a means for providing additional, mission-specific uniform clothing, per chapter
7 of this Manual. Supplementary clothing allowances may not exceed 20 percent
of the Initial Clothing Allowance established by the Assistant Secretary of
Defense (ASD(FMP))."

As an example of a supplementary allowance, recruiters are issued a
supplementary allowance. MCO P10120.28G describes the procedure thusly:

"(3) The Recruiters Blue Uniform Allowance will be issued to students
immediately upon successful completion of the Recruiters School, MCRD, San
Diego. When transfer orders are received and special measurement clothing is
required, the clothing officer will forward the requisition and appropriate
measurements to DSCP requesting that the special measurement clothing be
forwarded to the CO of the organization to which the individual was
transferred."

Note that the recruiter is not issued a check to buy the items, but the clothing
officer actually ORDERS the clothing items from the Defense Supply Center,
Philadelphia (DSCP). DCSP sends the items to the Marine at his new (recruiting)
post.

To conserve bandwidth, I'll not give other examples (like 8th & I, etc.), but
all instances follow this same pattern --- the initial issue of a required
uniform is gratuitous in every case, without any pay checkage or "chit" required
from the Marine.

Cash payment IS required for replacement of issued uniform items, and Marines
are paid a monetary yearly "maintenance allowance" on the anniversary of their
enlistment.

Old November 17th 05, 10:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:47:25 GMT, "KØHB"
wrote in t:

snip
My copy of MCO P10120.28G (Individual Clothing Regulations) dated 08 Jul 05
says:

Notice the date. The regs were different when I was in the Corps (and
when Dudly claims to have served).

snip
Cash payment IS required for replacement of issued uniform items, and Marines
are paid a monetary yearly "maintenance allowance" on the anniversary of their
enlistment.

We were given a monthly clothing allowance and it wasn't much -- just
a few dollars each month.

If you want to make a case then post the regs that were in effect at
the time in question.

Old November 17th 05, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
Harry

Hey Hans. When you go down to the Legion Hall to spin
your war stories, do you wear your uniform? Do you pin large
medals to it, or do you just pin the ribbons on it?

Old November 17th 05, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
KØHB

"Frank Gilliland" wrote

If you want to make a case then post the regs that were in effect at
the time in question.

I already made MY case. My documentation stands unless YOU can post
countervailing documentation to make YOUR case.

Good luck on this one now!

Old November 17th 05, 10:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
K4YZ

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:47:25 GMT, "KØHB"
wrote in t:

snip
My copy of MCO P10120.28G (Individual Clothing Regulations) dated 08 Jul05
says:

Notice the date. The regs were different when I was in the Corps (and
when Dudly claims to have served).

No, they were NOT different, except for the one-and-only part you
DID get right...INITIALLY Marines only received a monthly allowace for
MAINTENANCE of uniforms.

snip
Cash payment IS required for replacement of issued uniform items, and Marines
are paid a monetary yearly "maintenance allowance" on the anniversary oftheir
enlistment.

We were given a monthly clothing allowance and it wasn't much -- just
a few dollars each month.

Uh huh.

In the early 80's.

If you want to make a case then post the regs that were in effect at
the time in question.

The "regs" that Hans, K0HB quoted are almost the same as those in
force "back then".

A quick phone call or letter to HQMC can verify the changes.

In the mean time, get a hankie and wipe the blood off your nose.
You look silly, Mr Silliland...

Steve, K4YZ

Old November 17th 05, 10:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:32:57 GMT, "KØHB"
wrote in t:

"Frank Gilliland" wrote

If you want to make a case then post the regs that were in effect at
the time in question.

I already made MY case. My documentation stands unless YOU can post
countervailing documentation to make YOUR case.

Good luck on this one now!

Don't need luck -- just google "chit-book" and "MCRD". You will get a
large list of boot-camp stories that span decades. Enjoy.

Old November 17th 05, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
K4YZ

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:32:57 GMT, "KØHB"
wrote in t:

"Frank Gilliland" wrote

If you want to make a case then post the regs that were in effect at
the time in question.

I already made MY case. My documentation stands unless YOU can post
countervailing documentation to make YOUR case.

Good luck on this one now!

Don't need luck -- just google "chit-book" and "MCRD". You will get a
large list of boot-camp stories that span decades. Enjoy.

Sorry, Frankie. Still a loser.

The FACT remains that Marines are NOT charged for initial
outfittings of uniforms, to include Dress Blues, when assigned to
certain duties, including I & I duty.

Guess that " ####bird PFC " doesn't have all the answers afterall,
now does he...?!?!

MAYBE if he didn't spend his ONE tour in constant legal
trouble...?!?!

Steve, K4YZ

Old November 17th 05, 10:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland

On 17 Nov 2005 14:41:05 -0800, "Major Dud" wrote in
.com:

snip
Steve "wannabe-Marine" Robeson, K4YZ

As for you, Dud -- you have finally proven without any doubt that your
'career' as a Marine is one big lie.

Just remember this: You reap what you sow.

Now go away before I expose even more of your disgraceful bull****.