Old December 25th 05, 12:30 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Pierian Spring

Default The infantile and abusive public face of Wood & Douglas

Must have been a divinely-inspired (on the half-chance that
she does exist) typo!

A merry Solstice to you and yours!

Walt Davidson wrote:
On 24 Dec 2005 08:49:32 -0800, "Pierian Spring"
wrote:
Shame on you, Mike Gathergood, you ought to
know better at your age, and your pubic face ...

ROTFL!

Old December 25th 05, 12:34 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Pierian Spring

Default Bringing Wood & Douglas into Disrepute

The only "hobby" around is CB Radio.

Ham Radio is a technical pursuit.

Newcomers to Ham Radio are those who
are naturally interested in technicalia and
who drive themselves forward. Such people
will have no interest in a licence issued
under the gangrenous degeneration that is
the M3/CB Fools' Licence scheme.

To have introduced such a scheme whose
sole purpose is to maintain the profit
levels of a CB (Sorry, "seedy"!) book
publisher was evil indeed.

Mike Clayton wrote:
In message .com,
Pierian Spring writes
My position here is that I'm making a stand for
decency and civilised behaviour against the
gratuitous and offensive onslaught of a few
CBers who really ought to know better.
If more stood up for decency, things would improve.
Who was it who quotes, "'For evil to triumph it is only
necessary for good men to do nothing'"?

I hardly think that the changes to the way that newcomers enter the
hobby could be described as evil :-)

Old December 26th 05, 04:36 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
jonz

"Pierian Spring" wrote in message
oups.com...
For as long as you are prepared to illustrate so graphically
the difference between a CBer, an M3/CB Fools' Licensee, a
CBer-Masquerading-As-A-Radio-Ham and a _REAL_ Radio
Ham with his gentlemanly traditions, I am prepared to
watch you bemusedly from the sidelines and to chastise
you for your ridiculous outbursts.

It is important that we as Radio Hams make a stand for
civilised behaviour and decency against the vile CBer,
no matter how he might have slipped into our midst.

Don't you realise how silly and ridiculous you make yourself
look, by indulging in what are essentially very infantile
abusive tirades in an international forum that is broadcast to
the whole world?

well, an *international* forum, broadcasting to the *whole
world* indeed, a stunning concept!!!.....j

However, if you wish to be perceived as a Childish Broadcaster (CBer)
then just carry on as you are with your Childish Broadcasting (CB).

You, coming as you do from a background as a ship's radio
"officer", really ought to know better.
Indeed, it is difficult to see, in the light of your
well-demonstrated infantile disposition, how you could
ever have been the export sales manager for a well-
respected company such as Wood & Douglas.

Shame on you. You should know better. What on Earth would Alan
Wood G4EEE think of the bad publicity you are visiting on
his company?

Grow up, Mike Gathergood!

Stupid boy.

wrote:

Before the (G4) Sad Dim Wit spots that grammatical error,

Old December 26th 05, 11:56 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
jonz

"Pierian Spring" wrote in message
oups.com...
If you do not wish for there to be a right of reply, then you
would be better served if you do not contribute at all.

I did not say that you do not live up to my "ideal radio amateur";
in fact, I do not even use the term.

To the contrary, from what you have posted recently, you do
seem to be a _REAL_ Radio Ham in (most of) the best
traditions thereto.

A Merry (Belated) Solstice to you, also.
the word is christmas mr backdown........hehe.........j
G4ZWI wrote:
If I am in error, sir, I will stand corrected. I believe, however, most
people following this thread would conclude your post 89 was directed
to me, as I did.
I am sorry if I do not live up to your ideal radio amateur, and wish
you once again,
Merry Christmas.
(Please do not respond to this post, as I have no intention of
following this thread further)
Fred Cooper G4ZWI

Old December 27th 05, 04:20 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Alan Holmes

"DieSea" wrote in message

ROTFL!

73 de Wlat

--

Pot calling Kettle me thinks

Somehow I think you have missed the point, try reading the article again.

I thought it was funny as well.

Why is it crossposted to so many groups?

Alan

Happy Christmas All

DieSea

Old December 27th 05, 10:08 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,uk.rec.scouting
The Font Of All Knowledge And Wisdom

Default Bringing Chippenham into Disrepute

Oops - lost the associated groups!

The Font Of All Knowledge And Wisdom wrote:
I do not think that a stand for decency and for civilised
behaviour against the infantile and offensive outbursts
of those with the minds of children is rubbish. Have the
standards of naval officers fallen so?

The newsgroups are not unrelated. The rather silly and infantile
person of whom the remarks were critical identified himself
as having an association with the boy scouts and thus his
undesirability of association because of the bad example he set
made the other newsgroups most relevant indeed.

Alan Holmes wrote:
"Pierian Spring" wrote in message
oups.com...
The only malice that is extant in this thread has come from
you. For some reason, best known only to yourself, you have
become obsessed with directing gratuitously offensive and
insulting tirades at me. I do not know why this should be so,
I did not direct anything at you; indeed, I _NEVER_
originate personal attacks because such behaviour is
not that to be associated with Ham Radio and its
gentlemanly traditions.

Why do you keep crossposting this rubbish into unrelated newsgroups?

Alan

FAQ - revised version Pierian Spring Homebrew 114 December 27th 05 04:20 PM
Announcement: WRLog version 1.20 released Paraclete InfoSys Shortwave 0 March 29th 04 08:14 PM
Bookmark for Santa KØHB Policy 53 January 22nd 04 05:46 AM
MixW version 2.10 now available for downloads Jim Digital 0 October 15th 03 11:28 PM
CCIR Coefficients METHOD 6 REC533 // AUCKLAND --> SEATTLE http://CBC.am/ Shortwave 0 July 16th 03 08:21 AM