Old December 22nd 05, 05:25 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Pierian Spring

Default FAQ - revised version

If you wish to be perceived as a Childish Broadcaster (CBer)
then just carry on with your Childish Broadcasting (CB)
such as you use below.

You do yourself no favours by your continual use of
gratuitous and abusive outbursts.

You bemuse those of us who observe your behaviour.

Grow up, Mike Gathergood!

Stupid boy.

wrote:
Go on then - you drink that meths all by yourself. See if I care.
That's the last time I accept an invitation for a boys night out with
you!

Old December 22nd 05, 05:31 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Pierian Spring

Typo (in the third word as well!)

For "their", read "there".

Pierian Spring wrote:
In case their are those who get a CB-type rig such as the 817
in their stockings and are misled by those-who-ought-to-know-better
into thinking that they are Radio Hams, the weekly (and
revised) FAQ is posted a couple of days early to enable
the parents to take the CB gear back to the shop.....

What is Ham Radio?

Ham Radio is a technical pursuit for those who
are interested in the science of radio wave
propagation and who are also interested in the
way that their radios function. It has a long-standing
tradition of providing a source of engineers who
are born naturals.

Ham Radio awakens in its aficionados a whole-life
fascination with all things technical and gives
an all-abiding curiosity to improve one's scientific
knowledge. It's a great swimming pool, please dive in!

This excitement causes a wish to share the experience
with ones fellow man, and shows itself in the
gentlemanly traditions of Ham Radio.

Radio Hams are in a unique privileged position in that
they can construct and operate their own equipment! No-one
else has this privilege. Users, such as broadcasters,
the po lice and armed farces, CBers and mobile phone
users have to purchase ready-made gear. Manufacturers
are not licensed to operate their gear. Radio Hams
are qualified to design, build and then
operate their own pieces of equipment. They do this
with gusto, and also repair and modify their own
equipment. This is a privilege well worth the effort
to gain, and one to be jealously guarded.

The excitement that drives a Radio Ham starts with
relatively simple technologies at first, perhaps making
his own Wimshurst machine and primary cells. Small pieces
of test equipment follow, possibly multimeters and signal
generators. Then comes receivers and transmitters. It is with
the latter that communication with like-minded technically
motivated people takes off. The scope for technical
development grows with the years
and now encompasses DSP and DDS. There is also a great deal
of excitement in the areas of computer programming to
be learnt and applied.

The technical excitement motivates Radio Hams to compete
with each other to determine who has designed and manufactured
the best-quality station. This competitiveness is found in DXing,
competitions and fox-hunts.

-----OOOOO----

However, beware! A Ham Radio licence is such a
desirable thing to have that there are large
numbers of people who wish to be thought of
as Radio Hams when, in fact, they are nothing
of the kind! Usually such people are a
variation of the CB Radio hobbyist; they buy their
radios off the shelf and send them back to be
repaired; they are not interested in technical discussion
and sneer at those who are; they have no idea how
their radios work inside and have no wish to find out;
they are free with rather silly personal insults;
they have not satisfied any technical qualification
and their licences prevent the use of
self-designed-and-built equipment.

These CB types engage in the competitive activities
with their Cheque-Book-purchased off-the-shelf radios
in a forlorn effort to prove that they are Radio Hams.

No _REAL_ Radio Hams are deceived by such people!

-----ooooo-----

One such CB type is the so-called "Not-Ham". Otherwise
known as the CBer-Masquerading-As-A-Radio-Ham, this type
had their background in the hobby that is CB Radio and not
in the technical pursuits that lead up to a coveted Ham licence.
Easily recognised by their boasts of the criminal activity of
11 metre SSB operation, one wonders why they don't go back to
the CB Bands if such bands are dearer in their hearts than are the Ham
Bands? No _REAL Radio Hams associate with those who made an
illegal installation of transmitting equipment before being
in possession of an appropriate licence.

-----ooooo-----

One infallible way to disambiguate the CB Radio Hobbyist
from the _REAL_ Radio Ham is to solicit their view of the
difference between CB Radio and Ham Radio. A Radio Ham will
perceive Ham Radio to be a technical pursuit and will
perceive CB Radio to be a social communications facility
no different in essence to a land-line telephone or a
GSM mobile in the hands of a 6-year-old. Thus a Radio Ham
could also hold a CB licence safe in the knowledge that
such a licence says no more about him than having a land-line
telephone, whilst continuing to regard Ham Radio as a separate
technical pursuit.

A CB Radio hobbyist, on the other hand, sees no difference between
a Ham Radio licence and a CB Radio licence. To him, they are
sisters-under-the-skin. Wrongly, the CB Radio Hobbyist then
tries to classify himself as the equal of the Radio
Ham when, in fact, he is nothing of the kind. A sure sign of
a CB Radio hobbyist is if he holds, or has ever held, a licence
issued under the gangrenous degeneration that is the
M3/CB Fools' Licence scheme.

-----ooooo-----

One group of people who claim to be of the standard of
Radio Hams but who are in reality nothing more than an
apology for the failure of a CBer are those class B
licensees who falsely proclaimed that they were against
the use of a Morse Test to control access to the HF
bands, until, that is, a test was introduced at their
intellectual level, the intellectual level of 6-year-olds.

6 year-olds simply lack the mathematical tool kit to
enable them to handle even the simplest algebraic manipulation
for Ohm's Law and thus, the disgraceful Class Ber's in
the aforementioned category are not Radio Hams by any stretch
of the imagination!

Remember - A sure sign of a CB Radio hobbyist is if he holds,

Old December 22nd 05, 05:54 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Ed Unsworth

"Pierian Spring" wrote in message
ups.com...
If anyone is arrested as the result of a malicious
and perjurous complaint,

Pray tell, has there been a prosecution, or conviction against Mr Reay for
the above "alleged" malicious and perjurous complaints, if not your
allegations must be groundless.

Brian Reay is a we*nkmason

Right all is now clear...I take it you have never been invited to join, yet
another goal you have failed to achieve.

Old December 22nd 05, 06:12 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
W8LNA

Pierian Spring wrote:

Brian Reay subjected me to a vicious, malicious and distressing
campaign of harassment...

Considering your behavior here I sincerely doubt your account of Mr.
Reay's actions, especially when you refer to the constabulary as 'the
plods,' a strong indication of your own denial of reality. I suspect
(there's a word you're used to, eh?) the police reviewed transcripts of
your exchanges with Mr. Reay and apparently determined you were the
threat, as you were the party taken in to custody.

Ta ta,
W8LNA, 'Stupid Child'
Old December 22nd 05, 06:57 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Boaz

wrote:
Pierian Spring wrote:

However as it's Christmas, please feel free to join me at my run down QTH
for a spot of meths!

That's a very kind offer and, as it happens, we will be visiting
friends in Canal Road over the hols, so I might well take you up on the
offer.

It it BYOB? Should I bring my own anti-freeze?

Merry CHRISTmas
Mike G4KFK
www.g4kfk.co.uk

In case anyone has trouble finding his qth (you might want to deliver

christmas cards) here is a map

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...pcode=SN15+3AA

The fact that Wood Lane Police Station is only just down the road is
just coincidental (I think)

Old December 22nd 05, 07:34 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Pierian Spring

The plods did not check out any transcripts of mine, and took
Brian Reay at his word. I rapidly produced in defence a pile
6 inches thick of Brian Reay's infantile and grossly offensive
remarks to me and the plods had to back down. I had no
"exchanges" with Reay - I merely responded in defence
against him to chasitise him for his gratuitous offensive
onslaughts - not dissimilar from your own.

The trial of the plod Richard Fuller for assault is scheduled
to take place on the 8th February at Chippenham Magistrates'
Court.

My behaviour here has always been in support of the
technical pursuit that is _REAL Ham Radio and trying
to maintain standards of decency in response to the
outbursts of rather silly and infantile people such as
yourself.

Indeed, in respect of your rather silly and infantile behaviour,
if you wish to be perceived as a Childish Broadcaster (CBer)
then just carry on with the Childish Broadcasting (CB) that
you utter below.

Old December 22nd 05, 07:45 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
huLLy

Pierian Spring wrote:

Brian Reay subjected me to a vicious, malicious and distressing
campaign of harassment over a number of years when he
repeatedly accused me of sheep-shagging, said that my
wife was a sheep in the bed next to me, and accused
me of drinking methylated spirit. I did not respond to him
other than to chastise him for his grossly offensive behaviour.

No, Gareth.

You are the instigator against Brian. YOU are the guilty man. YOU are the
harrassing stalker. Unfortunately, you are too mentally unstable to ever see
that.
How your wife puts up with you I shall never know. Maybe she's locked in a
trunk in the attic or mummified in a rocking chair?

--
huLLy
Mobile phone 07976 123278

Old December 22nd 05, 07:59 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
W8LNA

Pierian Spring wrote:
if you wish to be perceived as a Childish Broadcaster...

Frankly I don't care how you perceive me.

You, on the other hand, seem to be perceived by the others on this group
as just that you decry, childish.

My behaviour here has always been in support of the
technical pursuit that is _REAL Ham Radio and trying
to maintain standards of decency...

Whose standards? Yours? Do those 'standards' involve assisting
newcomers, or do you just call them 'childish' and gloat from your
soiled, ivory tower?

Oh for pity's sake.

It seems everyone here knows who you are, where you live etc. So why
can't you post under your own name and call sign, instead of some
fantastically pompous delusion that you're representative of some font
of wisdom?

A font of pomposity, yes. Wisdom and knowledge? I'd laugh if you
weren't so incredibly pitiful.

Go build something, follow your own FAQ,
W8LNA

Old December 22nd 05, 08:06 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Pierian Spring

There's no denial of reality in following the example
set by the Oddity Of Ploddity that is the We'll ****e
(All Over You) Constabulary....

At 16:45 on the 3rd July 2000, Bobby Young, an Acting
Inspector screamed at me, "ANY OLD PLOD WILL NOT DO!".
(Perhaps it is no wonder the childish disposition of the
common plod when their leaders behave so badly)

In the evening of 7th March this year, David Hunt W1361
referred to the "common plod".

So.....it seems to me that if it is acceptable for the plods
to use the word, "plod" when discussing the plods with
members of the public, then it is acceptable for members
of the public to use the word, "plod" when discussing the plods,
either with the plods, or with people who are not plods.

Old December 22nd 05, 08:13 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI

Pierian Spring of verbal diarrhoea wrote:
At 16:45 on the 3rd July 2000, Bobby Young, an Acting
Inspector screamed at me, "ANY OLD PLOD WILL NOT DO!".
(Perhaps it is no wonder the childish disposition of the
common plod when their leaders behave so badly)

OK Beanie, don't keep us in suspense, what caused him to scream that at
you, and why did you note the exact date and time?

FAQ - revised version Pierian Spring Homebrew 114 December 27th 05 04:20 PM
Announcement: WRLog version 1.20 released Paraclete InfoSys Shortwave 0 March 29th 04 08:14 PM
Bookmark for Santa KØHB Policy 53 January 22nd 04 05:46 AM
MixW version 2.10 now available for downloads Jim Digital 0 October 15th 03 11:28 PM
CCIR Coefficients METHOD 6 REC533 // AUCKLAND --> SEATTLE http://CBC.am/ Shortwave 0 July 16th 03 08:21 AM