Old December 23rd 05, 09:54 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Howard Long

Default FAQ - revised version

"huLLy" wrote in message
How your wife puts up with you I shall never know. Maybe she's locked in a
trunk in the attic or mummified in a rocking chair?

Or a pen perhaps?

73, Howard G6LVB

Old December 23rd 05, 10:08 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Howard Long

Default FAQ - the voices in my head told me to post it again

wrote in message
ups.com...

Pierian Spring wrote:
You, coming as you do from a background as a ship's radio
"officer", really ought to know better. Shame on you.

You keep posting this, like you've dug up some interesting piece of
trivia from an obscure source.

Not that obscure to most as it's a web link on your website's home page that
you often quote. But then it would be obscure to Pierian Spring who said in
this thread:

I don't follow web links

Or is there was some other really credible explanation, like a lucky guess,
divine inspiration, someone else followed the link and told him... or some
other dog-ate-my-homework reason?

Cheers & season's greetings.

73, Howard G6LVB

Old December 23rd 05, 11:51 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Galen, W8LNA

Pierian Spring wrote:
For as long...

(another warm breeze snipped)

Let me guess: You're the inspiration for the Monty Python character
'Upper Class Twit of the Year'? That's amazing, considering you were
about 15 years old when they filmed that skit, you were quite
accomplished at such a tender age, my accolades!

If you are the example of a _REAL_ Radio Ham the hobby has definately
sunk to a low much lower than I had ever suspected possible.

W8LNA
Old December 23rd 05, 11:58 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Pierian Spring

For as long as you are prepared to illustrate so graphically
the difference between a CBer, an M3/CB Fools' Licensee, a
CBer-Masquerading-As-A-Radio-Ham and a _REAL_ Radio
Ham with his gentlemanly traditions, I am prepared to
watch you bemusedly from the sidelines and to chastise
you for your ridiculous outbursts.

It is important that we as Radio Hams make a stand for
civilised behaviour and decency against the vile CBer,
no matter how he might have slipped into our midst.

Don't you realise how silly and ridiculous you make yourself
look, by indulging in what are essentially very infantile
abusive tirades in an international forum that is broadcast to
the whole world?

However, if you wish to be perceived as a Childish Broadcaster (CBer)
then just carry on as you are with your Childish Broadcasting (CB).

Shame on you, you really ought to know better.

Grow up, Galen Watts!

Stupid child.

Old December 23rd 05, 12:03 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Galen, W8LNA wrote:
Let me guess: You're the inspiration for the Monty Python character
'Upper Class Twit of the Year'? That's amazing, considering you were
about 15 years old when they filmed that skit, you were quite
accomplished at such a tender age, my accolades!

There's nothing upper class about Gareth.

He's more like another Monty Python character, "The Black Knight" from
The Holy Grail. He just keeps coming back for more and more, never
knowing when to admit defeat.

73
Mike G4KFK

Old December 23rd 05, 12:15 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
bigamps

Pierian Spring wrote:
For as long as you are prepared...

....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzHuh? Oh, still at it?

hmmh....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Old December 23rd 05, 12:19 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Pierian Spring

The pursuit of decency and of civilised behaviour should
never admit defeat in the face of an onslaught by a horde
of vulgar and abusive infants.

If we in Radio Hammery retreat in the face of such vulgarity, then
the gates will be left open for the Mongolian Hordes.

[...]

Grow up, Mike Gathergood!

Stupid boy.

Old December 23rd 05, 12:23 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Pierian Spring

I am pleased that you tire of your infantile behaviour. There
is hope for you, yet. But please remember that it is not
just you who is made to look a fool by your behaviour; your
behaviour affects the public face of Radio Hammery, and
thereby affects us all.

Sleep on, awaken refreshed and hopefully of a more mature
perspective than you have presented in your recent posts.

Old December 23rd 05, 12:24 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Galen, W8LNA

Pierian Spring wrote:
For as long...

....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzHuh? Oh, still at it?

hmmh....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

(shhh!)
(-W8LNA)
Old December 23rd 05, 12:30 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Pierian Spring

Galen, W8LNA wrote:

...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzHuh? Oh, still at it?

hmmh....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

(shhh!)
(-W8LNA)

FAQ - revised version Pierian Spring Homebrew 114 December 27th 05 04:20 PM
Announcement: WRLog version 1.20 released Paraclete InfoSys Shortwave 0 March 29th 04 08:14 PM
Bookmark for Santa KØHB Policy 53 January 22nd 04 05:46 AM
MixW version 2.10 now available for downloads Jim Digital 0 October 15th 03 11:28 PM
CCIR Coefficients METHOD 6 REC533 // AUCKLAND --> SEATTLE http://CBC.am/ Shortwave 0 July 16th 03 08:21 AM