Old December 23rd 05, 08:41 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Pierian Spring

Default FAQ - revised version

Would we be talking about....

Mike Gathergood,
Formerly P-Com Wireless Access Group,
6 Sylverns Court,
Warfield,
Bracknell,
RG42 3SL

Mob: (07717) - 728290
Tel: (01344) 310610
Fax: (01344) 310611?

Pierian Spring wrote:
OK - are you a man, or a yellow-bellied coward?

I notice that your own personal details are withheld
in the callbook.

How brave of you to publish someone else's, including
their phone number while you yourself hide shaking
and quivering behind the safety of the playground fence
while you chant your infantile sneers.

Grow up, Mike Gathergood!

Old December 23rd 05, 08:47 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Bringing Wood & Douglas into Disrepute

Pierian Spring wrote:
At one time, Wood & Douglas was a respectable supplier to the
Ham Radio market, although it has long since devoted itself
to commercial markets only.

However, the behaviour of its EXPORT SALES MANAGER, one
Mike Gathergood, who has contributed a great number of grossly
offensive
and abusive publications to this NG in recent days would suggest
that the company has gone downhill very rapidly, and is no
longer a respectable organisation.

Well, you'd better call Alan (G4EEE) straight after the hols and let
him know how I've been misusing the company's phone and email
facilities. I'm sure he'll be very interested to hear from you!

73
Mike G4KFK

Old December 23rd 05, 09:52 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Me

Pierian Spring wrote:
At one time, Wood & Douglas was a respectable supplier

At one time I wonder if this company was respectable

OUT & ABOUT SYSTEMS LTD
13 HARDENS CLOSE
CHIPPENHAM WILTSHIRE
SN153AA

Std. Industrial Classification (SIC):7372 Prepackaged software
72.20 COMPUTER SERVICES
Turnover:0
Profit:0
Networth:0
Employees:0
Company Registration Number:3144797
Old December 23rd 05, 09:54 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Pierian Spring wrote:
Would we be talking about....

Mike Gathergood,
Formerly P-Com Wireless Access Group,
6 Sylverns Court,
Warfield,
Bracknell,
RG42 3SL

Mob: (07717) - 728290
Tel: (01344) 310610
Fax: (01344) 310611?

That's very good - I bet nobody else reading this would have thought of
putting my name into Google! We can all see now why you're the MD of a
Software Consultancy.

So now, having correctly linked me to senior technical sales positions
within two well-respected UHF and microwave communications companies,
do I still qualify as a "vile CBer" just because I have spoken out
against the repeated posting of your warped self-righteous and
hypocritical "Frequently Asked Questions"? Or because I objected to
your belittlement of the hard work and enthusiasm shown by various
members of our scout group?

If so, there can't be much hope for many of us here, can there?

73
Mike G4KFK

Old December 23rd 05, 11:07 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
zYYPK

"huLLy" wrote:

. YOU are the guilty man. YOU are the

oh ?

has hully become judge&jury in the last few days ?

(rest of post cut due to strong legal content)

Old December 24th 05, 12:39 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
G4ZWI

Grow up, Mike Gathergood!!!

stupid boy.......

Sorry Mike! didn't know you were connected with W&D..

I did buy a 70cms PA kit from W&D 15 years ago, but then got a FT2700,
so never put it together.
I now have a handheld for 70cms, and so dug it out, and put it
together.Worked first time of powering up, but think I may need to beef
up the heatsinking. It is so nice to spend my time increasing my
knowledge of ham radio, instead of kicking others for any shortfalls
they may have!!! (perhaps, to help and educate is the way
forward?????) Ah, well, night, night, and back to 4 meters for me....

Old December 24th 05, 12:57 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy

G4ZWI wrote:
Grow up, Mike Gathergood!!!

stupid boy.......

Sorry Mike! didn't know you were connected with W&D..

I joined W&D well after their activities with amateur radio, though
there remain many licensed amateurs, both within the company itself and
the network of distributors.

The remnants of the amateur products were divested lock, stock and
barrel to G3TUX. Unfortunately Chris closed his business and retired to
Guernsey last year, so the only place you'll find W&D amateur products
sold now is on eBay.

It's a shame, but the reality is that us radio hams are congenital
tightwads!

73
Mike G4KFK

Old December 24th 05, 01:36 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Stuart Crow

"Pierian Spring" wrote in
oups.com:

At one time, Wood & Douglas was a respectable supplier to the
Ham Radio market, although it has long since devoted itself
to commercial markets only.

Given the representation of Amateur Radio given by one contributor to these
NGs, it's a wonder any sensible professional organisation has anything to
do with it.

The professional engineer, and many overseas Amateurs, must suspect that
the rot set into British Amateur Radio some time late in the G4 series, and
could be forgiven for avoiding contact with it as far as possible.

W&D's reputation has probably never stood higher. Professionals understand
that; some Amateurs can't even tune up an FT101 properly. How technically
inept must they be?
Old December 24th 05, 07:15 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy
G4ZWI

As a late G4 callsign, and therefore, it seems, being responsible for
the rot that has set into the hobby, I wil inform you a little of my
background, Stuart. Having joined the RAF after leaving school, I
trained for two years at No:-1 Radio school, RAF Locking, as a Ground
Communications engineer. I left RAF Locking, and was posted to RAF
Cranwell. Upon leaving the forces, I continued in the domestic
electronics trade, (TV, video, computers, etc,) I have 'fiddled' with
electronics all my working life, (I am now in my 50's), and have
half-filled my house with wonderful bargains, and homebrewed kit, as
the love of my life will testify. I have ferric chloride stains on most
of the carpets, a well-scorched bench, (soldering iron......) and, not
only can I tune my FT101B, I have also modified it to accept 6146B
valves in the output stages, as the cost, and availability of the 6JS6
'bottles' became silly.
I do admit to having held a class B callsign, (G8ZWI) , and cheerfully
admit to holding it for a large number of years, because I was too lazy
to get off my backside, and do the Morse. My latest constructional
project (half finished, ) is a home-brew version of the Norcal Sierra,
but with an AD9851 DDS & LCD in place of the normal VFO tuning. I will
try to contact you, if I have any problems, although I am not too sure
you will be willing to help a lowly, late, G4,

(P.S. I believe Santa Claus is bringing me a Yaesu FT817, with c.w.
filter for Christmas. Should I send it back???)

Fred Cooper G4ZWI, GQRP 10981, FISTS 9889

FAQ - revised version Pierian Spring Homebrew 114 December 27th 05 04:20 PM
Announcement: WRLog version 1.20 released Paraclete InfoSys Shortwave 0 March 29th 04 08:14 PM
Bookmark for Santa KØHB Policy 53 January 22nd 04 05:46 AM
MixW version 2.10 now available for downloads Jim Digital 0 October 15th 03 11:28 PM
CCIR Coefficients METHOD 6 REC533 // AUCKLAND --> SEATTLE http://CBC.am/ Shortwave 0 July 16th 03 08:21 AM