Old December 26th 05, 10:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,sci.math
David Ames

Default It's time to abolish the Federal Communications Commission

GARETH wrote:
The reason is simple. The venerable FCC, created in 1934, is no longer
necessary.

Its justification for existence was weak 70 years ago, but advances in
technology since then have eliminated whatever arguments remained. Central
planning didn't work for the Soviet Union, and it's not working for us. The
FCC is now an agency that does more harm than good.

The FCC was created by Congress to regulate radio-frequency
transmissions. That purpose is not obsolete. It is included,
moreover, in international treaties or conventions to which the United
States is signatory. Therefore if the FCC is abolished, something else
would have to be creaated to take its place.

I have no idea why you thought this might concern the Usenet group
sci.math. I have omitted the cross-postings to UK and NL because I
have no idea why you cross-posted a US matter to Usenet groups of those
countries.

David Ames

Pilot Travel Centers Fined $125,000! Jerry CB 107 December 10th 04 03:49 AM
a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
MilAir Monitoring from KeyWest - Lots of Comms! GeorgeF Scanner 1 May 13th 04 09:37 PM
keyclown radio dealers busted in spokane WA and walcott IW I Am Not George CB 1 April 17th 04 07:50 PM
North-Central Florida Mil Logs 9/10/2003 & 9/11/2003 GeorgeF Shortwave 0 September 12th 03 03:32 AM