Old January 13th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc
N9OGL

Default My comment on RM-11305 and RM-11306

This is pretty much my comment on RM-11305 and RM-11306. Both parties,
The ARRL and the Communications Think Tank Group are basically from
understanding, and I might be wrong, trying to change it from mode to
bandwidth so to allow new technologies on the band, or again maybe I
wrong, that was lease my understanding.
The problem I see with this is amateurs should be allowed to
experiment with new technologies regardless of how the spectrum is made
up. One of the main problems I had with experimenting hadn't been
band planning or signal size, but from amateur operators who threatened
to complain about my experimentations on the VHF/UHF bands because they
believe that it was illegal.
Back in the early to mid 90's I was very active in digital modes
including Packet, SSTV, and other digital modes, and at that time I had
began experimenting with different types of applications which were
mostly for packet radio. When I told an amateur friend that I was going
to do some experiment, an another group of amateurs "threatened" me
including complaining to the FCC to "making me have an accident".
In doing so I didn't do any experimenting. I do believe that
reinforcing the experimental parts of the VHF/UHF should be pushed and
endorsed. Even if amateurs wanted to experiment in digital modes on HF
they should be allowed as long as they don't cause malicious
interference. No changes should be made, except the attitude adjustment
of the amateur radio community towards other amateurs who wish to
experiment in new modes and applications.

Todd N9OGL

Old January 14th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc
K4YZ

N9OGL wrote:
This is pretty much my comment on RM-11305 and RM-11306. Both parties,
The ARRL and the Communications Think Tank Group are basically from
understanding, and I might be wrong, trying to change it from mode to
bandwidth so to allow new technologies on the band, or again maybe I
wrong, that was lease my understanding.

I hope you're not submitting these specific words to the FCC as
a"comment", Toiddie...Get a 3rd grader to proof read it for ya first,
OK...?!?!

Your "understanding" of effective expression and English
composition are weak, to say the least. If you want to get your point
accross, sharpen your mind before you sharpen the pencil.

The problem I see with this is amateurs should be allowed to
experiment with new technologies regardless of how the spectrum is made
up.

You consider it to be a problem to let Amateurs experiment with
new technologies?

I hope not, but that's EXACTLY what you said.

One of the main problems I had with experimenting hadn't been
band planning or signal size, but from amateur operators who threatened
to complain about my experimentations on the VHF/UHF bands because they
believe that it was illegal.

Trying to remotely control and telemeter that liquid oxygen
cooled storage capacitor idea, Toiddie...?!?!

All kidding aside (yeah...right!)...Here's a simple plan for you
that will leave the FCC reeling in respect for your "experimenting" and
have them squelching your detractors, Toiddie:

(1) In a simple college ruled notebook, write down what it is you
perceive as the problem. (poor data rates for example)

(2) Outline your intended plan to overcome the problem.

(3) Keep and maintain an ACCURATE logbook, if for no other
operations for these. Make sure you document time, modes, power, and
if you're playing with the encoding sequence, make sure that it's
documented so the FCC can use it to decode any transmissions they
intercept.

(4) Just DO IT and worry about it later.

And just remember...There's a lot of trailer park war heros out
there right now who are kicking themselves for laughing at that Gates
"nerd"...

Back in the early to mid 90's I was very active in digital modes
including Packet, SSTV, and other digital modes, and at that time I had
began experimenting with different types of applications which were
mostly for packet radio. When I told an amateur friend that I was going
to do some experiment, an another group of amateurs "threatened" me
including complaining to the FCC to "making me have an accident".
In doing so I didn't do any experimenting.

I see three probable responses he

(1) Since they probably know you as one of the "locals", the "(
)other group of amateurs" actually knew what your "experiments" were,
and that law enforcement involvement was probably prudent, for
observation and public safety, if nothing else.

(2) This is a manifestation of a severe paranoia issue you
haven't had addressed by your therapist yet. Tell her...tell her E V E
R Y T H I N G.......

(3) Your "friend" wasn't much of a friend since he went straight
to the other group and told them what you were up to and did so in such
a way as to cause them to be alarmed.

Moral of the story: If you're going to do something someone else
may have an opportunity to object to before you can do it, keep your
mouth shut and do it quietly.

I do believe that
reinforcing the experimental parts of the VHF/UHF should be pushed and
endorsed.

Huh...?!?!

Even if amateurs wanted to experiment in digital modes on HF
they should be allowed as long as they don't cause malicious
interference. No changes should be made, except the attitude adjustment
of the amateur radio community towards other amateurs who wish to
experiment in new modes and applications.

I bet that "someone needs an attitude adjustment" attitude of
YOURS is what causes your fellow locals to "take up arms" against you,
Toiddie.

Come to think of it, it works here, too!

Steve, K4YZ

Old January 14th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc

On 14 Jan 2006 07:35:03 -0800, "K4YZ" wrote:

N9OGL wrote:
This is pretty much my comment on RM-11305 and RM-11306. Both parties,
The ARRL and the Communications Think Tank Group are basically from
understanding, and I might be wrong, trying to change it from mode to
bandwidth so to allow new technologies on the band, or again maybe I
wrong, that was lease my understanding.

I hope you're not submitting these specific words to the FCC as
a"comment", Toiddie...Get a 3rd grader to proof read it for ya first,
OK...?!?!

hijacking another thread steve
Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old January 15th 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc
K4YZ

wrote:

hijacking another thread steve

Yes, you are, Markie.