Old March 11th 06, 12:37 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
know code

Default What does it mean to be a _REAL_ Radio Ham? The FAQ is here!

Bill Turner wrote:
What does it mean to be a real radio ham?

It means you have a real ham license. Anything else, including the rest
of your post, is just one person's opinion, period.

Ah, but define a 'real ham license'. A lot of people in the UK think
the M3/Foundation licence is NOT a real ham licence! Herein lies the
problem!
Old March 11th 06, 02:59 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Bill Turner

Old March 11th 06, 06:27 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Plod's Conscience

Au contraire.

You might have one of those, but otherwise be
a CBer-Masquerading-As-A-Radio-Ham.

Ham Radio is a technical pursuit for gentlemen; a technical
pursuit whose rights and standards we must uphold.

The operating hobby is known as CB Radio.

Bill Turner wrote:
What does it mean to be a real radio ham?

It means you have a real ham license. Anything else, including the rest
of your post, is just one person's opinion, period.

Bill, W6WRT

Old March 11th 06, 03:55 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Plod's Conscience

Is that some form of CB mentalism, for there
was none in what you quoted?

Old March 11th 06, 07:54 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
WA5OES

"Plod's Conscience" wrote in
oups.com:

Is that some form of CB mentalism, for there
was none in what you quoted?

Is Plod for real or just a Pythonesque spoof?
Old March 11th 06, 03:22 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Bill Turner

Ham Radio is a technical pursuit for gentlemen; a technical
pursuit whose rights and standards we must uphold.

I love this kind of stuff. Think how boring it would be if we were all
just normal, rational beings living in the real world.

Bill, W6WRT
Old March 11th 06, 03:58 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Plod's Conscience

You're not, then?

Old March 11th 06, 02:20 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Keith

1 This excitement causes a wish to share the experience
with ones fellow man, and shows itself in the
gentlemanly traditions of Ham Radio. = MAN

2 Thus a Radio Ham could also hold a CB licence safe in the knowledge that
such a licence says no more about him than having a land-line = MAN

3 Ham Radio licence and a CB Radio licence. To him, they are
sisters-under-the-skin. Wrongly, the CB Radio Hobbyist then = MAN

Sir with respect to you
this is error

I myself have heard on quite few occasions
women with their own stations / license G3`s 4`s and 8
and have met a female Radio ham
at the Canvey Island public Amatuer Radio Rally Sale
who was also a stall - holder

another licensed Female operater was a sales lady in an
Essex amatuer radio Shop, she used to go to the same
social club as me.

Keith
G8IFW
after this, I think look how many mistakes I make, loads of them.
I think i had better write better messages myself