Old May 18th 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Cecil Moore

Default Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicate with other.

"Vito" wrote:
"CW" wrote
"Vito" wrote
Let's use proper nomenclature. There is little danger of CW going

away.
. .... I'd use Tap Code - you know the "CW" with only dots,
I'm amazed at how few know this.

Since, as you observed, so few people know it, what's the chances of it
being of any use?

I'm sorry, I should have said "how few AMATEURS know this. It's common in
non-radio use.

There are probably more convicts and ex-cons than there are coded hams.
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP