Old June 23rd 06, 10:33 PM posted to alt.ham-radio.vhf-uhf,rec.radio.amateur.policy
an_old_friend

Default Are you interested in Ham Radio? Don't be fooled by the Lizards! Here's the FAQ!

(NO9GL) wrote:
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:14:01 -0500, DrDeath
wrote:
You post this to continue the rift between hams and CBers, fine by me,
many CBers become hams, others like myself avoid it due to closed
minded thinking like yours. Maybe if hams openly welcomed CBers into
the fold instead of constantly insulting us, the ham radio hobby will
survive. Instead the CBers will sit back and laugh as the FCC sells off
your bandwidth to the highest bidder. We DO have a common ground, you
just refuse to see it.

Most hams welcome CBers and it is only a few which don't. As a show
of good will, I am inviting all CBers who have 2M gear or who have
signed up for echolink to go ahead and use my repeater at 146.835 MHz
or to use the K9GO-L link with echolink. Don't worry about a call, or
else use the designated guest call of W4NTI to get on. No real ham
would use that call and that's why we use it for guest ops.

Enjoy.

Tood, NO9GL

I uzulluy use N0VFP as my call wen I feel like mesbehaven or jamning
the repeeters, N0VFP belongs to a fat fuking slob tath know one likes
anyway

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download