RadioBanter

-   -   If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die? (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/98632-if-you-had-use-cw-save-someones-life-would-person-die.html)

Bill Turner August 4th 06 09:47 PM

If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 11:31:37 -0400, "clfe"
wrote:

AND unless that NC tech clarifies it, the unsuspecting
person will go on in ignorance "assuming" ALL hams "know" code.

Well then, cure the ignorance. Wouldn't that be easier than learning
the code?

Bill, W6WRT

clfe August 4th 06 10:11 PM

wrote:

AND unless that NC tech clarifies it, the unsuspecting
person will go on in ignorance "assuming" ALL hams "know" code.

Well then, cure the ignorance. Wouldn't that be easier than learning
the code?

Bill, W6WRT

I "may" agree with you - in part, but we all know thats not going to happen!
It is a matter of human nature.

an old freind August 4th 06 10:18 PM

wrote:

AND unless that NC tech clarifies it, the unsuspecting
person will go on in ignorance "assuming" ALL hams "know" code.

Well then, cure the ignorance. Wouldn't that be easier than learning
the code?

Bill, W6WRT

I "may" agree with you - in part, but we all know thats not going to happen!
It is a matter of human nature.

i don't it was pretty for me one day work on one of these bike races
the served organizers heard the reapteer CW id asked what it read I
said hame were no longer required to be to read them and I could not,
time change ignorance fixed

Bill Turner August 5th 06 01:26 AM

If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

On 4 Aug 2006 14:18:12 -0700, "an old freind"
wrote:

i don't it was pretty for me one day work on one of these bike races
the served organizers heard the reapteer CW id asked what it read I
said hame were no longer required to be to read them and I could not,
time change ignorance fixed

Text like the above is what comes out when I try to copy CW.

Bill, W6WRT
20 WPM Extra, but just barely

an old friend August 5th 06 02:26 AM

wrote:

i don't it was pretty for me one day work on one of these bike races
the served organizers heard the reapteer CW id asked what it read I
said hame were no longer required to be to read them and I could not,
time change ignorance fixed

Text like the above is what comes out when I try to copy CW.

can you still read it when you do it

Bill, W6WRT
20 WPM Extra, but just barely

Dave August 5th 06 10:58 AM

Slow Code August 5th 06 08:20 PM

If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

"an old freind" wrote in
ups.com:

wrote:

AND unless that NC tech clarifies it, the unsuspecting
person will go on in ignorance "assuming" ALL hams "know" code.

Well then, cure the ignorance. Wouldn't that be easier than learning
the code?

Bill, W6WRT

I "may" agree with you - in part, but we all know thats not going to
happen! It is a matter of human nature.

i don't it was pretty for me one day work on one of these bike races
the served organizers heard the reapteer CW id asked what it read I
said hame were no longer required to be to read them and I could not,
time change ignorance fixed

It's hard to figure out what you're actually trying to say sometimes Mark,
but what it looks like you were trying to convey to the race organizer is
that you're retarded.

Sc

an_old_friend August 5th 06 08:33 PM

If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

Slow Code wrote:
"an old freind" wrote in
ups.com:

It's hard to figure out what you're actually trying to say sometimes Mark,
but what it looks like you were trying to convey to the race organizer is
that you're retarded.

never hard to understand you want Ham radio to die if can't retreat
into the past but then if you got what you wanted Ham radio would truly
be without a future

Sc

Slow Code August 6th 06 12:31 AM

If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

"an_old_friend" wrote in
ups.com:

Slow Code wrote:
"an old freind" wrote in
ups.com:

It's hard to figure out what you're actually trying to say sometimes
Mark, but what it looks like you were trying to convey to the race
organizer is that you're retarded.

never hard to understand you want Ham radio to die if can't retreat
into the past but then if you got what you wanted Ham radio would truly
be without a future

Handi-Hams still has a spot for you on the short bus.

Sc