Old September 20th 06, 10:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default KB9RQZ Says Learning Code is EASY!

KB9RQZ Said: "oh learning code is easy"

There you have it, folks! Morkie says learning code is easy!

Quoted Word For Word!

Steve, K4YZ

Old September 20th 06, 11:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default "Guts", Feldwebels, License Numbers, Subsidies and Other Things

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 03:35:00 GMT, Dave Heil
wrote:

Davie is just a frustrated feldwebel standing
on some little feldhernhugel snarling orderss, orderss!

Ah yes - the classic "feldwebel post", a clear example of Len's idea of
how to debate an issue:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...e=source&hl=en

Besides telling K8MN to "shut the hell up", Len accuses the ARRL of
being geographically biased. Len states that most of the radio amateurs
In the USA live west of the Mississippi River.

However, later in the same thread, Dennis Ferguson points out that most
of the licensed amateurs in the USA live *east* of the Mississippi.

Len, of course, never admits he made that mistake.

Checking the most current numbers of individuals holding current
FCC-issued amateur radio licenses, we find that no more than 315,704
live west of the Mississippi and no less than 340,585 live east of the
Mississippi. Total is 656,289 as of September 18, 2006. That's 48.1%
west and 51.9% east. So Len was wrong then and is still wrong now.

In tallying those numbers, I counted all amateurs in Minnesota and
Louisiana, or with unspecified location as living west of the
Mississippi, but the majority are still to the east of the Mississippi.

Old September 20th 06, 11:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:

Davie is just a frustrated feldwebel standing
on some little feldhernhugel snarling orderss, orderss!

Ah yes - the classic "feldwebel post", a clear example of Len's idea of
how to debate an issue:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...e=source&hl=en

What was particularly cute about that is that Lennie blew his top
and got all his attributes wrong...Not that he'd ever let anything like
facts and accuracy get in the way of one of his rants.

[...]

Jim, I sure do hate it when you politely and professionally point
out the facts.

Ya KNOW that's got to hurt out there in Sin City!

73

Steve, K4YZ

Old September 20th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default KB9RQZ Says Learning Code is EASY!last time today I hope I counted more thanhunerdr time you telling the same lie in RRAP steve stop it please

stop the lying steve

Old September 20th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Jimmy Loves Beating Dead Horses!

From: on Wed, Sep 20 2006 3:06 am

wrote:

Davie is just a frustrated feldwebel standing
on some little feldhernhugel snarling orderss, orderss!

Ah yes - the classic "feldwebel post", a clear example of Len's idea of
how to debate an issue:

"Feldwebel:" Old German Army term for a 'field officer,'
generally any NCO.

"Feldhernhugel:" Older German Army term for any small field
elevation from which a feldwebel can
observe a field of operations. 'Feldhern'
(or maybe 'feldhernn?' since my German is
rusty) refers to any field officer and
'hugel' is a small hill, can even be a
created mound.

Not being a veteran of the Waffen SS, I'm sure that such
identification is a sore point with those trying to hide
in the USA under new identities. [see this morning's news
about a "nice old lady" in her 80s who was once a guard
at Ragensbruck concentration camp during WW2]

BTW, Jimmy, another Len taught me those terms (surname
Deighton) and I looked them up. Had to, my training was
in the US Army. Which branch did you serve in, Jimmy?

Besides telling K8MN to "shut the hell up", Len accuses the ARRL of
being geographically biased.

Oh, heavens! How could I be so crass? ACCUSE THE ARRL
OF 'BIAS?' How terrible! A sin unto God! Oh, oh, oh!

The ARRL *is* biased. "Class C" you might say, all the
"conduction" being "CW mode" with all other modes "cut
off" in the rules of engagement of their publications.
"Efficiency." :-)

Oh, and NOBODY can tell Herr Heil to "shut up." Not even
when he tries to silence others in here. shrug

Len states that most of the radio amateurs
In the USA live west of the Mississippi River.

Oh! Oh! Oh!

So...never mind that the US Census Bureau put the Center
of Population of the USA *west* of the big Mississippi.

However, later in the same thread, Dennis Ferguson points out that most
of the licensed amateurs in the USA live *east* of the Mississippi.

Wow! "Mistake!" Yes, and Mike Deignan "lived in Hawaii"
according to the FCC database at the time...remember
Deignan, Jimmy? He also had all those "club calls"...

HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Tsk, a very old thread in here, argued many times. Years
ago. But, Jimmy is still trying to revive the horse so he
can beat it over and over and over and over again...

Len, of course, never admits he made that mistake.

No more than Jimmy Nojob admits he is wrong... :-)

Checking the most current numbers of individuals holding current
FCC-issued amateur radio licenses, we find that no more than 315,704
live west of the Mississippi and no less than 340,585 live east of the
Mississippi. Total is 656,289 as of September 18, 2006. That's 48.1%
west and 51.9% east. So Len was wrong then and is still wrong now.

Oh! Oh! Oh! Sound the hue and cry!

Prepare the stake for burning a Heretic who "all the time
makes mistakes!"

Call for ETHNIC PURITY in the newsgroup! Banish all
no-coders! Keep the group CLEAN for the beloved use of
manual radiotelegraphy! :-)

If a single no-code-test advocate makes a "mistake,"
banish them from this group for life! Ethnic cleansing!

There is only ONE "correct" way, that of the pro-coder!

In tallying those numbers, I counted all amateurs in Minnesota and
Louisiana, or with unspecified location as living west of the
Mississippi, but the majority are still to the east of the Mississippi.

Wow! PRECISION in numbers! [at least according to Jimmy]

Tsk, you FORGOT something, Jimmy. You should have added
your macro paragraph about "the FCC lumping all the Techs
into one Tech class category after mid-2000." How could
you possibly forget that? Especially since SOME of them
are already code-tested...and therefore in the purity and
sanctity of "real" radio amateurs who "know code!"

There's plenty of Old Horses lying dead in the archives,
Jimmy. I'm sure you won't run out of them in the near
future. You can re-argue and re-argue and re-argue and
re-argue and re-argue until Antarctica melts. [maybe you
might 'win' an old argument for once?] Now that seems
like all that the pro-coders do, drag out the old dead
horses to beat, once again. They love all that beating
off, do they? Tsk, and all your crying about "no
violence" in here! HYPOCRITE.

Old September 20th 06, 09:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: on Wed, Sep 20 2006 3:06 am

wrote:

Davie is just a frustrated feldwebel standing
on some little feldhernhugel snarling orderss, orderss!

Ah yes - the classic "feldwebel post", a clear example of Len's idea of
how to debate an issue:

"Feldwebel:" Old German Army term for a 'field officer,'
generally any NCO.

"Feldhernhugel:" Older German Army term for any small field
elevation from which a feldwebel can
observe a field of operations. 'Feldhern'
(or maybe 'feldhernn?' since my German is
rusty) refers to any field officer and
'hugel' is a small hill, can even be a
created mound.

Not being a veteran of the Waffen SS, I'm sure that such
identification is a sore point with those trying to hide
in the USA under new identities. [see this morning's news
about a "nice old lady" in her 80s who was once a guard
at Ragensbruck concentration camp during WW2]

I am a jew and lost much of the extended family but realy I wish that
we could get past that days (and I wish I did not see signs we ae
planing to repatet them)

[...]

sorry Coection it is a Religois matter not an ethinic one

If a single no-code-test advocate makes a "mistake,"
banish them from this group for life! Ethnic cleansing!

even f they don't make a msitake they are to be bannished for life

or threatened wit Murder

There is only ONE "correct" way, that of the pro-coder!

In tallying those numbers, I counted all amateurs in Minnesota and
Louisiana, or with unspecified location as living west of the
Mississippi, but the majority are still to the east of the Mississippi.

Wow! PRECISION in numbers! [at least according to Jimmy]

Tsk, you FORGOT something, Jimmy. You should have added
your macro paragraph about "the FCC lumping all the Techs
into one Tech class category after mid-2000." How could
you possibly forget that? Especially since SOME of them
are already code-tested...and therefore in the purity and
sanctity of "real" radio amateurs who "know code!"

the Tech plus folks never did count as far theProCoders are concerned

and still don't count they ar enot satified with the current level of
Morseness in the neupgrading ham and put them down at every junture
(you could see it in lots of CW threads over on RQZ just as an example

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Old September 21st 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default trolling right along

wrote:

Yes - they were all subsidized by the taxpayers.

Insulting bull****! Members of the Armed Forces do not receive a
"subsidy" --- they receive pay for their service.

de Hans, K0HB
Master Chief Radioman, US Navy

Old September 21st 06, 07:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: an old friend on Wed, Sep 20 2006 1:40 pm

On 20 Sep 2006 12:47:37 -0700, "
From: on Wed, Sep 20 2006 3:06 am
[...]

[perhaps that is 'Ravensbruck' instead of 'Ragensbruck'...but
the exactness of location spelling pales in light of the
horror and inhumanity of the slaughter of over 6 million]

I am a jew and lost much of the extended family but realy I wish that
we could get past that days (and I wish I did not see signs we ae
planing to repatet them)

It has happened constantly since 1945, Mark.

BTW, did you notice Jimmy's EXACTNESS in everything? That's
rather in line with the old stereotype of German EXACTNESS.
[I have a good 35mm camera made in Germany tradenamed the
"Exacta"...:-) ]

Perhaps he thinks this forum is kind of an old War Crimes
trial? Anyone who he feels is against morse code is thus
a "war criminal" who deserves punishment? It certainly
has that air around it.

I'm not a Jew (actually a 'realized' Lutheran once I came
of adult age) but I've been in (sometimes intimate) contact
with Jews for most of my life. I can't understand any of
the bigoted HATE that some feel against Jews...for hundreds
of years on up to present time. Senseless.

The old camps of Auschwitz, Bergen-Belsin, etc., are no
longer, just some unused memorials to the Holocaust and
the horrible slaughter of millions of innocents. But,
some of the Morseodists in here demand "work" on morse
code skills so one can be "free" to use the ham bands.
They are unmindfull of the phrase above the entrance of
Auschwitz, "Arbeit Macht Frei" (Work Makes you Free).
Interesting parallel, don't you think?

BTW, Jimmy, another Len taught me those terms (surname
Deighton) and I looked them up. Had to, my training was
in the US Army. Which branch did you serve in, Jimmy?

Jimmy "served in other ways," 'ways' he hasn't explained.
[just another old, dead horse but it was felt that he
ought to 'sniff' on that carcass, one he hasn't beaten]

Call for ETHNIC PURITY in the newsgroup! Banish all
no-coders! Keep the group CLEAN for the beloved use of
manual radiotelegraphy! :-)

sorry Coection it is a Religois matter not an ethinic one

Well, that's a philosophical point of view and I will
dispute that it is more ethnicity than religion. To hear
some of thsee amateur morsemen carry on, they come across
as having their entire lives destined for morsemanship.
It is like they are of the Morseodist 'race."

If a single no-code-test advocate makes a "mistake,"
banish them from this group for life! Ethnic cleansing!

even f they don't make a msitake they are to be bannished for life
or threatened wit Murder

That kind of reinforces my consideration of the 'ethnic'
cause.

Well, maybe its just an "Ethic" cause. But, if so, that
would tie it directly to "Morals" and "Morality" [all
radio ops of this new millennium 'should' learn manual
telegraphy skills or they are stupid, lazy, incapable of
learning according to anony-mousie Blowcode]

So, if it is "Ethic" rather than "Ethnic" then it would
not be that much different. Maybe one could say that the
manual telegraphy fedajin are "born again jihadists?" :-)

More than once you have been desired to be killed, Mark.
It's all in Google archives. So, the 'All-Code-Ah' who
decry "violence" are silent about that, claiming "they
don't read that" (therefore it doesn't exist).

Jimmy got all hot and bothered about my phrase that "some
1x2s need to be hit with a 2x4" in order to see the light.
Now, I did NOT clarify what a "2x4" was any more than a
"1x2" was. Both terms apply to lumber and will be under-
stood at any lumberyard in the country...as applying to
lumber. Jimmy thought it was something else...which
is suspiciously AS IF he had either fear or guilt feelings.
Not my worry. Jimmy only seems to know one thing:
Amateur radiotelegraphy. Since he has a "one-by-two"
callsign, his ego prompted him to think it was meant
for HIM! :-)

Jimmy has this "thing" for necrophilia. Very strange.
It may be that it isn't directly related to necrophilia,
just that he cannot possibly think of himself or any bit
of his writing as EVER "wrong." No sir, not HIM. He
"must" trot out old, stale, trite newsgroup arguments
and try (vainly) to put down his "opponents."

I will have to find Pastor Niemuller's famous poem (exact
quote, of course) and be ready to use that. You know, the
one where "...at first they came for the ##### and I didn't
do anything..." etc. I don't remember it word for word but
the intent of the words, the gestalt of the poem, is
obvious.

Old September 21st 06, 11:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

KØHB wrote:
wrote:

Yes - they were all subsidized by the taxpayers.

Insulting bull****! Members of the Armed Forces do not receive a
"subsidy" --- they receive pay for their service.

I'm sorry if you were insulted, Hans - that was not my intent.

My point was simply that certain people and industries are paid by the
government rather than the free market. The government decides that
something needs to be done for the public good, and that user fees
can't pay for it, so taxpayer money pays for it.

That covers a lot more than members of the Armed Forces - there are
firemen, law enforcement officers, public education teachers and
administrators, all manner of public works people, etc. There are also
many private companies that would not exist, or would be much smaller,
if the government did not buy their products and services.

For example, when Hoover Dam was built in the 1930s, the government
used taxpayer money to pay the contractors that built the dam. Private
industry could not do the job alone - the cost was too high and the
short-term return on investment too low.

Once the dam was built, it provided inexpensive electricity and water,
and created an artificial lake. Which spurred development in the
region.

Those who worked on the dam - including those who died or were injured
building it - certainly earned their pay.

Is it "insulting bull****" to say that that part of the country had its
development subsidized by the government when Hoover Dam was built? If
so, how should it be described?

73 de Jim, N2EY