Old September 22nd 06, 05:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default trolling right along

Lloyd wants to give Roger Head wrote:
"KØHB" wrote in message

de Hans, K0HB

Master Permanent Mess Cook, US Navy

You were PLO, Permanent Lartrine Orderly.

Old September 22nd 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default "Guts"

From: on Thurs, Sep 21 2006 8:17 pm

From: on Thurs, Sep 21 2006 3:47 am
From: on Mon, Sep 18 2006 4:31 pm
From: on Sun, Sep 17 2006 6:18 am
wrote:

You are ashamed to state what you work on except for the
most vague way...such as being in the "transport industry."
Bus drivers are in the "transport industry." Larry
Roll, the soma-cum-loud "graduate" in "Human
Resources" (personnel department work) was a bus
driver!

Are you a bus driver, Jimmy?

Is there something wrong with being a bus driver, Len?

Jimmy avoided the obvious by misdirection into another's
alleged "misbehavior." Let's review that stuff about bus
driving by a pro-coder-uber-alles in this newsgroup:

Roll bragged himself to the skies in here about his academic
achievements while in some alleged college classes. He said
outright that he could get any job he wanted in 'human
resources' (personnel) after graduation. What did he do
instead? Became a bus driver.

Not just any bus driver, but one who "performed a service to
senior citizens" by slapping on a terrific (bafflegab) TITLE
to that job. Muy importante! :-)

So, we got treated to brags-before-they-happened by a morse-
man, then brags-after-he-couldn't-fulfill-his-original-brags
as performing some kind of 'service' to his community?

Now I've nothing against bus drivers, per se, provided they
observe all the vehicle laws and don't injure anyone. The
transportation services in any community do serve a purpose.
However, Jimmy took it all OUT OF CONTEXT, conveniently
omitting the blatant brags of Roll before-the-fact about his
'excellence' of scholarship and 'getting any job (in human
resources) he wanted.' Roll did NOT get a job in human
resources (personnel work). Roll got a job as a bus driver.
Jimmy tried to defend that by some kind of weird 'patriot'
ploy saying morseman Roll did his service-to-the-community
thing.

In the east San Fernando Valley section of Los Angeles, there
are at least five small bus services NOT part of the Metro
Transit District big bus lines, all kept going by (what
Jimmy calls "subsidies from taxpayers") monies NOT derived
from "free market" captitalism. I have nothing against
those, either. They serve the communities.

But, Larry Roll was a MORSEMAN, an AMATEUR morseman. It is
the usual Standard Operating Procedure for ALL amateur
morsemen to support one another in here; none can do wrong.
Even if what they talk about hasn't the remotest chance of
being about amateur radio, the amateur morsemen are "right"
and others are "wrong" to criticize them.

Supporters. The "jock straps" of old radio operating
skills.

Two bus drivers have been in here; one left and one died.

Both are missed.

Jimmy is incorrect. Both were HIT many times when they were
here. HIT right on their self-described importance of
morsemanship.

Richard Carroll, W0EX, is also gone. He was such an amateur
morseman that he claimed to carry around a code key in his car
to use in case of an earthquake in the Missouri area.

That makes THREE morsemen who are "missed" by other morsemen.

Who will be the fourth morseketeer? The Katapult King?

IIRC, one of Larry Roll's duties was transporting senior citizens and
disabled people who couldn't drive. His work made it possible for them
to have much more mobility and independence.

Brian, that's one of the grossest bits of bull**** that Jimmy
has come up with in here. Here's a plain and simple fact:
Larry Roll, K3LT, got a job as a bus driver because he could
NOT get his choice of 'human resources' jobs. Roll FAILED
to live up to his own brags in here, so he rationalized it
into this 'serving the community' BS...and Jimmy just repeated
a version of it above.

That's nice. And before that, his (subsidized) work enabled the
freedoms that you take for granted.

Military servicemen are NOT subsidized. They are PAID for
their service by the government.

Some military personnel PAY the dearest price of all: Their
LIFE. Over three thousand United States military persons
paid that price in Iraq alone since our invasion of that
country in 2003.

I wonder what Jimmy thinks is a "subsidy" for volunteering
to give their LIFE for their country?

Larry Roll was a MSgt in the USAF. If I understand his period of
service, his "inactive" service commitment of 10 years just expired.
That's twenty years of putting your freedoms ahead of himself and his
family, followed by another 10 years of being on call to do it again.

Brian, that is irrelevant to Jimmy. Jimmy knows nothing of
military service, isn't involved, isn't a participant, never
was, never volunteered, wan't even a ("subsidized")
government worker.

Here's a plain and simple fact: By all apearances in this
newsgroup, James Miccolis has only ONE standard of others:
Morsemen are "good," non-morsemen are "bad, wrong, in error"
(and usually of lesser status as human beings).

It's the amateur morsemen's way...

Old September 22nd 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Old September 22nd 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

KØHB wrote:
wrote:

I'm sorry if you were insulted, Hans - that was not my intent.

Tsk, you were trying to insult me, not Hans.

I wasn't *trying* to insult anyone, Len.

However, you usually feel insulted whenever someone disagrees with you
here.

No real problem to me since I know your kind of "my body is
too precious to waste serving my country" #######.

Who are you quoting, Len?

I don't think that way, nor have I ever said or written that quote.

shrug Takes all kinds. :-(

There are some kinds we could do without....

My point was simply that certain people and industries are paid by the
government rather than the free market. The government decides that
something needs to be done for the public good, and that user fees
can't pay for it, so taxpayer money pays for it.

Rationalization and trying to weasel out of what you insultingly
wrote.

Why do *you* find the term "subsidy" insulting, Len?

What is not true in the following:

"My point was simply that certain people and industries are paid by the
government rather than the free market. The government decides that
something needs to be done for the public good, and that user fees
can't pay for it, so taxpayer money pays for it."

Where is the insult in that?

That covers a lot more than members of the Armed Forces - there are
firemen, law enforcement officers, public education teachers and
administrators, all manner of public works people, etc. There are also
many private companies that would not exist, or would be much smaller,
if the government did not buy their products and services.

More rationalization.

How?

Is any of that not true?

You were not in law enforcement or other
public safety service.

Are you sure?

Besides, it's not about *me*, Len.

You DO play the angry Mother Superior in here, though...you must
think that counts?

Did you go to Catholic school, Len? I think not. Yet you act like you
know what it was like. Here's a clue: You don't know what it was like.

For example, when Hoover Dam was built in the 1930s, the government
used taxpayer money to pay the contractors that built the dam. Private
industry could not do the job alone - the cost was too high and the
short-term return on investment too low.

The USA was not at war with Lake Mead.

Dozens of workers died building Hoover Dam. Even more were injured.
Death and injury benefits weren't very good. The companies did not even
provide hard hats for the workers.

Neither were the waters
threatening anyone in eastern Pennsylvania.

?? Water was the least of it.

Is it "insulting bull****" to say that that part of the country had its
development subsidized by the government when Hoover Dam was built? If
so, how should it be described?

You didn't answer the questions, Len.