Old September 23rd 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default "Guts"

From: on Thurs, Sep 21 2006 8:17 pm

wrote:

IIRC, one of Larry Roll's duties was transporting senior citizens and
disabled people who couldn't drive. His work made it possible for them
to have much more mobility and independence.

That's nice. And before that, his (subsidized) work enabled the
freedoms that you take for granted.

Military servicemen are NOT subsidized. They are PAID for
their service by the government.

Public transportation is NEVER sulf-sustaining, ALWAY subsidized.

Some military personnel PAY the dearest price of all: Their
LIFE. Over three thousand United States military persons
paid that price in Iraq alone since our invasion of that
country in 2003.

Many just pay with failed marriages and alcohol abuse from the long
separations and stresses of military life. Others do pay with their
lives.

I wonder what Jimmy thinks is a "subsidy" for volunteering
to give their LIFE for their country?

Consider the survivoring families of the WTC VS the surviving military
families of the Pentagon...

Some hit the jackpot, other got enough to bury their loved ones.

Larry Roll was a MSgt in the USAF. If I understand his period of
service, his "inactive" service commitment of 10 years just expired.
That's twenty years of putting your freedoms ahead of himself and his
family, followed by another 10 years of being on call to do it again.

Brian, that is irrelevant to Jimmy. Jimmy knows nothing of
military service, isn't involved, isn't a participant, never
was, never volunteered, wan't even a ("subsidized")
government worker.

Here's a plain and simple fact: By all apearances in this
newsgroup, James Miccolis has only ONE standard of others:
Morsemen are "good," non-morsemen are "bad, wrong, in error"
(and usually of lesser status as human beings).

It's the amateur morsemen's way...

If so, he has very sad outlook on life.

Old September 23rd 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default trolling right along

KØHB wrote:
wrote:

I'm sorry if you were insulted, Hans - that was not my intent.

Tsk, you were trying to insult me, not Hans.

I wasn't *trying* to insult anyone, Len.

I wonder what you would have said if you were actually "trying?"

Equating military service with welfare is about all I can take.

I'm not "taking" any of it.

Jimmie can go over to his nearest military recruitment station
and repeat his "subsidy" crack to any military person in there.

After that, the "fourth morseketeer" would be absent from RRAP.

I disagree.

I think your average service person knows that their is a large segment
of US society that looks down on them. But they are intelligent enough
to know just how wrong that segment of society is. The servicemen and
women stand guard without thought to their popularity.

In other words, Jim would be perfectly safe in any recruiter's office,
though his visit might be short. Unless he wound up in Robesin's dads
recruiter office...

I'll concede that you have the more realistic scenario of today's
recruiting office. Those military members ARE intelligent and
they are motivated. Today's military members aren't the dumb
misfits portrayed by "the liberals." However, there's also
"conservatives" who think little of the military...except as fine
words to spout come election time.

There's a parallel in amateur radio recruiting. From the ARRL
down, the higher-ups love to look down on aspirants as
dummies in radio...as if their lofty elite positions made them
"expert." These self-proclaimed gods of radio then wonder
why there isn't more participation and - especially - why
there's so little love for their self-righteous precious, noble,
best-of-all-possible-modes (in their minds), radiotelegraphy.

It's still a puzzle why an ex-USN type would be at any Army
recruiting office as a civilian...as Robesin once stated. But
that can be relegated to just-another-delusional-dream of the
Imposter.

Old September 23rd 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

KØHB wrote:
wrote:

[...]

"Cannon fodder."

There's a parallel in amateur radio recruiting. From the ARRL
down, the higher-ups love to look down on aspirants as
dummies in radio...as if their lofty elite positions made them
"expert." These self-proclaimed gods of radio then wonder
why there isn't more participation and - especially - why
there's so little love for their self-righteous precious, noble,
best-of-all-possible-modes (in their minds), radiotelegraphy.

Nobody's interested in radiotelegraphy. Not even Val Germann who
talked a good talk. He sure fooled a lot of people who desperately
wanted to believe that a newbie was interested in learning the code.
Hi, hi!

It's still a puzzle why an ex-USN type would be at any Army
recruiting office as a civilian...as Robesin once stated. But
that can be relegated to just-another-delusional-dream of the
Imposter.

Robesin is a habitual liar. If he were ever to tell a truth, no one
would beleive it.

Old September 24th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

KØHB wrote:
wrote:
I'm sorry if you were insulted, Hans - that was not my intent.
Tsk, you were trying to insult me, not Hans.
I wasn't *trying* to insult anyone, Len.
I wonder what you would have said if you were actually "trying?"
Len feels insulted whenever disagrees with him here, or proves him to
be mistaken about something.

Equating military service with welfare is about all I can take.
Who did that? Not me. I didn't use the word "welfare", Brian. You did.

Are subsidies and welfare the same thing to you?
Is military service and non-military service the same thing to you?

Jimmie was never in the military. He was never a participant. He
has never been in government service of any kind. Jimmie has
never volunteered to serve his country in anything. Jimmie has
never taken that Oath that real veterans took. He is superior.
He is an amateur extra morseman.

Not much is known about Jim, except the usual liberal disdain for the
US military and military members.

That might be interesting if it were true. You've fabricated though.
I've noted no disdain for either the military, its members or its
veterans, from Jim.

And that He thinks his favorite mode should be forced down everyone's
throat.

That's a fabrication too.

Dave K8MN

Old September 24th 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

KØHB wrote:
wrote:
I'm sorry if you were insulted, Hans - that was not my intent.
Tsk, you were trying to insult me, not Hans.
I wasn't *trying* to insult anyone, Len.
I wonder what you would have said if you were actually "trying?"

Equating military service with welfare is about all I can take.

I'm not "taking" any of it.

Jimmie can go over to his nearest military recruitment station
and repeat his "subsidy" crack to any military person in there.

After that, the "fourth morseketeer" would be absent from RRAP.

I disagree.

I think your average service person knows that their is a large segment
of US society that looks down on them. But they are intelligent enough
to know just how wrong that segment of society is.

You're weaving another marvelous tale out of whole cloth. Who is it you
believe to be looking down on military service members, Brian?

The servicemen and
women stand guard without thought to their popularity.

I stood guard in basic training. I was too busy working or sleeping to
stand guard during the remainder of my four years. I never entered any
popularity contests.

In other words, Jim would be perfectly safe in any recruiter's office,
though his visit might be short. Unless he wound up in Robesin's dads
recruiter office...

I noted Len's silly threat, made on behalf of others. You know and I
know and even Len knows that such a thing would never happen.
Lamebrains are not chosen as recruiters. Any recruiter who acted in
such a manner would not only not be a recruiter for very long, he'd be
in the slammer. All that is beside the point. Jim hasn't made any
disparaging remarks directed at the military and I doubt he spends a lot
of time in or near recruiting offices. We've just been treated to more
of Len's (not very ably assisted by you) diversionary mumbo-jumbo.

Dave K8MN
Old September 24th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:

Public transportation is NEVER sulf-sustaining, ALWAY subsidized.

Interesting. I've NEVER heard of a subsidized taxi company. Is
Greyhound subsidized too? Did you figure this out all by your "sulf"?

Dave K8MN
Old September 24th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Dave Heil wrote:
KØHB wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Hans fabricated. Take it up with him.

I've noted no disdain for either the military, its members or its
veterans, from Jim.

Of course not. You invoke obtuseness at will.

And that He thinks his favorite mode should be forced down everyone's
throat.

That's a fabrication too.

Dave K8MN

Then you won't mind if he tells me that.