Old July 25th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

Default Choices, Choices, Choices... CW or CB?

That's what you have to decide.

SC

Old July 25th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

Default bless you and may you find peace

Slow Code wrote:
That's what you have to decide.

SC

no it isn't
CW as a licenseing requiremtn is on life support and the plug will be
pulled soon

CB has nothing to to do with it

Old July 25th 06, 01:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

"Slow Code" wrote in message
news

That's what you have to decide.

SC

Personally, I would rather have the First Class and Second Class Radio
Telephone back. Thank the broadcasters for lobbying to eliminate that
requirement -- ironic that the industry has been sliding ever since (go
figure) --
and of course -- this happen at the same time that personal computers for
business usage were expanding, LAN for the PCs & cellular telephones
introduced, and AT&T was broken up (1984 Judge Green order). SO -- the
best "talent" left the industry (since the industry no longer wanted to pay
for it).

gb

Old July 25th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Sam Sam is offline

"g. beat @" wrote:

"Slow Code" wrote in message
news

That's what you have to decide.

SC

Personally, I would rather have the First Class and Second Class Radio
Telephone back. Thank the broadcasters for lobbying to eliminate that
requirement -- ironic that the industry has been sliding ever since (go
figure) --
and of course -- this happen at the same time that personal computers for
business usage were expanding, LAN for the PCs & cellular telephones
introduced, and AT&T was broken up (1984 Judge Green order). SO -- the
best "talent" left the industry (since the industry no longer wanted to pay
for it).

gb

Wifi Skype coming this year.
I'll go with CW. It's taking me a while to learn
but I'm convinced it's an important skill.

Old July 25th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

C u p o r C o n e . . . . .

news

Old July 25th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap
RHF RHF is offline

Slow Code wrote:
That's what you have to decide.

SC

SC - 10-4 Good Buddy ! ) ~ RHF

I give Honor and Respect to any Amateur Radio {Ham} Operator :
Who has built and uses his own Receiver and CW Transmitter
for regular CW use. I will gladly read their posts and listen to
their arguments as to "Why" CW is important to the ARS.
- BUT - "IF" all they have every done is bought ready-made
equipment and claim that CW is necessary to the ARS
- please don't waste my time.
Old July 25th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

I give Honor and Respect to any Amateur Radio {Ham} Operator :
Who has built and uses his own Receiver and CW Transmitter
for regular CW use. I will gladly read their posts and listen to
their arguments as to "Why" CW is important to the ARS.
- BUT - "IF" all they have every done is bought ready-made
equipment and claim that CW is necessary to the ARS
- please don't waste my time.

Construction/design skills and operating skills are two different
things. What does one have to do with the other?

Did you build your own car? Dishwasher? Toaster? Razor?

Bill, W6WRT
Old July 25th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

Bill Turner wrote:
I give Honor and Respect to any Amateur Radio {Ham} Operator :
Who has built and uses his own Receiver and CW Transmitter
for regular CW use. I will gladly read their posts and listen to
their arguments as to "Why" CW is important to the ARS.
- BUT - "IF" all they have every done is bought ready-made
equipment and claim that CW is necessary to the ARS
- please don't waste my time.

Construction/design skills and operating skills are two different
things. What does one have to do with the other?

everything if you ask most of the CW advocates

Old July 25th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

Construction/design skills and operating skills are two different
things. What does one have to do with the other?

everything if you ask most of the CW advocates

A non-answer. Try again. What does one have to do with the other?

Bill, W6WRT
Old July 25th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

Bill Turner wrote:

SNIPPED

Construction/design skills and operating skills are two different
things. What does one have to do with the other?

Did you build your own car? Dishwasher? Toaster? Razor?

Bill, W6WRT

:-)

Bill, I had a master machinist work for me in the 1960s. He could make ANYTHING!!

I asked him if he could make a car. Sure!! His reply: "All I need is a block of
steel 6X6X20 feet, a large milling machine, and a large lathe."

He was a Ham Radio Operator, Collins stuff of the 60s.

/s/ DD W1MCE