Old June 10th 07, 04:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Mystery Cathedral Radio (0/1)

Please, can anyone help identify this cathedral radio?
It did not come with any schematic or markings.

My wife brought this for me from an antique shop as an anniversary
present.

It looks as if someone started restoration but never quite finished.
As you can see the dial plate is missing, but the rest of the set
appears to be in surprisingly good shape.

The chassis is populated with these tubes:
Silvertone 80
Silvertone 227
Silvertone 24A
Silvertone 24A
Silvertone 47
Silvertone 35/51

This is the first cathedral in my collection.
(I have some bakelite sets and a couple of wooden table models)
Any tips and advice for restoring this set will be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,

Fonetech

P.S. There is a label on the back of the chassis (see photo) but the
model number is missing. Only the serial number (345459) remains.

Old June 11th 07, 09:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Please, can anyone help identify this cathedral radio?

Silvertone model 1481 or 1403?

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/sears_roeb_1481.html

http://radioatticarchives.com/images...403_Turney.jpg

Regards,

Phil Nelson
Phil's Old Radios
http://antiqueradio.org/index.html

Old June 12th 07, 02:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:25:50 -0700, "Phil Nelson"
wrote:

Please, can anyone help identify this cathedral radio?

Silvertone model 1481 or 1403?

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/sears_roeb_1481.html

http://radioatticarchives.com/images...403_Turney.jpg

Regards,

Phil Nelson
Phil's Old Radios
http://antiqueradio.org/index.html

Thank you for your response to my post, the Silvertone info sure looks
right for this radio.

Any suggestion on where I might find a schematic and maybe a
replacement dial cover?

Please forgive my double post; I was having trouble with my
newsreader.

Thanks again

fonetech

Old June 13th 07, 07:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Any suggestion on where I might find a schematic and maybe a
replacement dial cover?

You could start with http://www.nostalgiaair.org/ and
http://www.dialcover.com/ .

Additional sources are listed at http://antiqueradio.org/parts.htm .

If you're new to radio restoration, http://antiqueradio.org/begin.htm may
also be useful.

Phil Nelson

Old June 16th 07, 03:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:52:57 -0700, "Phil Nelson"
wrote:

Any suggestion on where I might find a schematic and maybe a
replacement dial cover?

You could start with http://www.nostalgiaair.org/ and
http://www.dialcover.com/ .

Additional sources are listed at http://antiqueradio.org/parts.htm .

If you're new to radio restoration, http://antiqueradio.org/begin.htm may
also be useful.

Phil Nelson

Mr. Nelson,

Thank you for your advice and information, it has been very helpful
and very much appreciated.

fonetech