Old August 27th 07, 12:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Philmore Receiver

--
Garry W Tidler

WW9GT

Old August 27th 07, 11:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Philmore Boom Philmore Receiver - new_rx_1.jpg

Attached Thumbnails
Philmore Receiver-new_rx_1.jpg
Old August 29th 07, 02:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Garry W Tidler wrote:

--
Garry W Tidler

WW9GT

Hey Gary...

I had one of those! It was pretty neat..didn't pick up worth a damn if
I recall but it was fun to build.

Thanks for the memories!

--Bill
Old August 29th 07, 05:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Old August 29th 07, 09:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Giganews" wrote in message

yes, I had one of those too, but didn't it have a little clear cover over
the crystal? Picked up local stations well, but needed a ground. I was
quite young, and I gave it to my gramma, and showed her how simple it was to
use, you just had to keep your finger on the metal finger rest on the dial
of the phone, in order to get sound

man, the things grandparents put up with...

Old August 29th 07, 09:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

yeah, I see the crystal cover now in the photo on the box, that's the one.
Old August 30th 07, 11:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Yes, it is supposed to have the little glass cover, about the same shape as
half of a test tube. Mine was missing the cover. I bought a replacement from
AES, but it wasn't quite big enough and I broke a chunk off when I pushed
too hard trying to get it on.

Phil