Old October 6th 07, 04:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default What are these boxes on my W-89

Working on tracing where the caps are on the PS on my Westinghouse 89 radio
which is supposed to be similar to the Radiola 66.

There are 3 flat rectangular boxes that have one end connected together.
This is connected to by a black with blue tracer wire back to the common "G"
on the capacitor box on the upper right of the picture. There are two on
these boxes connected in parallel and has a pinkish colour wire which
connects to "H" on the cap box. The last one connects to "F" by an orange
wire.

There is a stamping on one of the boxes which reads WG23 EP.

Are these boxes capacitors?

The W89 schematic does show 2 caps wired in parallel and maybe is was done
this way.

Since the schematic I have for the W89 doesn't show the values can I just
disconnect these and use the values from the 66?

Thanks
Brian

Attached Thumbnails
What are these boxes on my W-89-100_0109.jpg
Old October 7th 07, 12:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"amyotte" wrote in message
.. .
Working on tracing where the caps are on the PS on my Westinghouse 89
radio which is supposed to be similar to the Radiola 66.

There are 3 flat rectangular boxes that have one end connected together.
This is connected to by a black with blue tracer wire back to the common
"G" on the capacitor box on the upper right of the picture. There are
two on these boxes connected in parallel and has a pinkish colour wire
which connects to "H" on the cap box. The last one connects to "F" by an
orange wire.

Yep, those are capacitors. That style was pretty common in 20's sets. They
may be in parallel with the originals, or the originals may have been
removed. You should ascertain which of these first, then most likely replace
the lot with new caps.

FA: 6SK7 - New in Boxes Bob WA2JAJ Homebrew 0 June 8th 04 02:44 AM
FA: 6SK7 - 3 New in Boxes Bob WA2JAJ Boatanchors 0 June 8th 04 02:42 AM
FS Project boxes NEW S. Rich Swap 0 October 6th 03 03:03 PM
Shipping Boxes almost free (Dell PC and monitor boxes) DOUGLAS SNOWDEN Swap 0 September 25th 03 01:08 AM
Pair of BTX-128 1W 2ch UHF HT`s New In Boxes $100.00 Dave Floyd Swap 0 September 18th 03 06:00 PM