RadioBanter

-   Radio Photos (https://www.radiobanter.com/radio-photos/)
-   -   What to do about the center tap.... (https://www.radiobanter.com/radio-photos/127878-what-do-about-center-tap.html)

Robert Sherrod KC9IHK December 3rd 07 12:49 PM

What to do about the center tap....

1 Attachment(s)
It won"t be too easy to just replace the FC with a magnet as can be seen
from picture on the binaries. I would have to remove the cone and press
out the core to get the coil off and try to find a magnet that would fit
the frame. Time is limited at the moment.

If you have any further suggestions or know of someone with one of these
speakers that still works, please let me know. I will be willing to pay
for next day shipping just to get this repair completed in time to
return the radio this coming Saturday.

Your assistance has, and will be, greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bobby
KC9IHK

Mark Oppat[_2_] December 4th 07 06:38 AM

What to do about the center tap....

Robt,
WHAT set is this from? Give some specs on the speaker size, FC resistance,
etc.

Gotta give some info if you want responses!

Mark

Robert Sherrod KC9IHK December 4th 07 12:25 PM

What to do about the center tap....

Mark,

This is the field coil speaker I'm referring to in my thread of the same
title in RAR+P. It belongs to the Crosley Fiver mentioned in the post.
I'm going to be taking some of the advice to heart to see if I still can
make use of it. If you have any further information you can provide,
please do.

Thanks,

Bobby
KC9IHK

Von Klauss November 1st 20 08:28 PM

How to repair electrodynamic speaker

5 Attachment(s)
Hello bobby
KC9IHK
These types of speakers can be repaired with some patience and a lot of time.

I repair them easily, replacing the main coil that forms the speaker's magnetic field and also works as a filtering coil in the power supply, additionally I replace the "anti-hum" coil and the small coil of the speaker's cone. I replaced the old broken paper cone with another one with better characteristics.

Attached I am sending you some photographs of the step by step.
It could help you if you decide to carry out this repair, finally everything works very well and the vintage radio will not lose its authenticity and originality.

regards.

Von Klauss

Von Klauss November 1st 20 08:31 PM

How to repair electrodynamic speaker

3 Attachment(s)
Here I am attaching more pictures of the procedure to repair this kind of speakers.

Greetings.

Von Klauss

Von Klauss November 1st 20 08:45 PM

How to repair electrodynamic speaker

3 Attachment(s)
Hi all.

I attached shipment diagram for connecting an external speaker in radios with electrodynamic speakers and other related circuits.

Regards.

Von Klauss

Von Klauss November 1st 20 08:59 PM

How to repair electrodynamic speaker

4 Attachment(s)
I attach more pictures of the speaker installed in a HALLICRAFTERS S-20R radio that worked properly for another 100 years !!!

regards.

Von Klauss