Old December 3rd 07, 01:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default What to do about the center tap....

It won"t be too easy to just replace the FC with a magnet as can be seen
from picture on the binaries. I would have to remove the cone and press
out the core to get the coil off and try to find a magnet that would fit
the frame. Time is limited at the moment.

If you have any further suggestions or know of someone with one of these
speakers that still works, please let me know. I will be willing to pay
for next day shipping just to get this repair completed in time to
return the radio this coming Saturday.

Your assistance has, and will be, greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bobby
KC9IHK

Attached Thumbnails
What to do about the center tap....-crosley_speaker.jpg
Old December 4th 07, 07:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Robt,
WHAT set is this from? Give some specs on the speaker size, FC resistance,
etc.

Gotta give some info if you want responses!

Mark

Old December 4th 07, 01:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Mark,

This is the field coil speaker I'm referring to in my thread of the same
title in RAR+P. It belongs to the Crosley Fiver mentioned in the post.
I'm going to be taking some of the advice to heart to see if I still can
make use of it. If you have any further information you can provide,
please do.

Thanks,

Bobby
KC9IHK

Old November 1st 20, 09:28 PM
Junior Member

Default How to repair electrodynamic speaker

Hello bobby
KC9IHK
These types of speakers can be repaired with some patience and a lot of time.

I repair them easily, replacing the main coil that forms the speaker's magnetic field and also works as a filtering coil in the power supply, additionally I replace the "anti-hum" coil and the small coil of the speaker's cone. I replaced the old broken paper cone with another one with better characteristics.

Attached I am sending you some photographs of the step by step.
It could help you if you decide to carry out this repair, finally everything works very well and the vintage radio will not lose its authenticity and originality.

regards.

Von Klauss

Last edited by Von Klauss : November 1st 20 at 10:02 PM
Old November 1st 20, 09:31 PM
Junior Member

Here I am attaching more pictures of the procedure to repair this kind of speakers.

Greetings.

Von Klauss
Attached Thumbnails
What to do about the center tap....-electrodinamic-speaker-6-peque%F1o-.jpg  What to do about the center tap....-electrodinamic-speaker-7-peque%F1o-.jpg  What to do about the center tap....-electrodinamic-speaker-8-peque%F1o-.jpg

Old November 1st 20, 09:45 PM
Junior Member

Hi all.

I attached shipment diagram for connecting an external speaker in radios with electrodynamic speakers and other related circuits.

Regards.

Von Klauss
Attached Thumbnails
What to do about the center tap....-formaleta-bobina-parlante.jpg  What to do about the center tap....-diagram-connecting-external-speaker-radios-electrodynamic-speakers.jpg  What to do about the center tap....-electrodinamic-speakers.jpg
Old November 1st 20, 09:59 PM
Junior Member

I attach more pictures of the speaker installed in a HALLICRAFTERS S-20R radio that worked properly for another 100 years !!!

regards.

Von Klauss
Attached Thumbnails
What to do about the center tap....-vintage-speakers-3-.jpg  What to do about the center tap....-vintage-speakers-4-.jpg  What to do about the center tap....-vintage-speakers-2-.jpg  What to do about the center tap....-vintage-speakers-1-.jpg

Center fed Zepp VS G5RV ? Gary Antenna 5 May 18th 05 02:56 AM
G5RV or 35 ft center fed GJS917 Antenna 8 February 21st 04 01:34 AM
off-center dipole PDRUNEN Antenna 3 October 16th 03 10:02 PM
comments on this off center fed antenna Mark Keith Antenna 0 July 13th 03 11:27 PM