RadioBanter

-   Radio Photos (https://www.radiobanter.com/radio-photos/)
-   -   My house on Christmas (https://www.radiobanter.com/radio-photos/128571-my-house-christmas.html)

Gary Tayman December 25th 07 05:02 PM

My house on Christmas

Wherever you are, you may have snow, you may have rain, it may be a sunny
though cold day, but I hope you are all having a great time.

In a discussion elsewhere I took a photo of my house. Not quite on
Christmas, but a day or two ago. Decorated and the lights are on, but it's
still daylight and they don't show up well. In any case, from our house to
yours . . .

Ken G. December 25th 07 05:10 PM

My house on Christmas

Nice place !! Those trees are beautifull . Where i live , nothing like
that . I have never seen those for real myself .

Ken G. December 25th 07 05:15 PM

My house on Christmas

Forgot to mention ... across the street from my house the neighbor
filled a huge fir tree with lights . I heard he put a tall ladder in the
back of his pickup and used a long pole with a hook . Its huge and very
pretty . Couple days ago it snowed while that was on .

amyotte December 25th 07 06:32 PM

My house on Christmas

Now for a more traditional Xmas look. At least for me. Peterborough,
Ontario, Canada area.

Brian

William Sommerwerck[_2_] December 25th 07 10:00 PM

My house on Christmas

As I write this, it has started snowing in Renton, WA. Haven't seen a white
Christmas since can't remember when.

Nelson Gietz December 26th 07 01:07 AM

My house on Christmas

Not my house exactly, but looking up my street at night.
No palm trees here in Winnipeg!
Cheers,
Nelson

Phil Nelson December 26th 07 06:11 AM

My house on Christmas

Snowed heavily earlier today. Odd for this time of year, but the kids are
loving it. Probably won't last overnight.

Brenda Ann December 26th 07 10:51 AM

My house on Christmas

"Nelson Gietz" wrote in message
Not my house exactly, but looking up my street at night.
No palm trees here in Winnipeg!

On the other hand, I've never seen palm trees that looked so beautiful.. :)

Mark S[_3_] December 26th 07 01:50 PM

My house on Christmas

"Gary Tayman" wrote in message
Wherever you are, you may have snow, you may have rain, it may be a sunny
though cold day, but I hope you are all having a great time.

In a discussion elsewhere I took a photo of my house. Not quite on
Christmas, but a day or two ago. Decorated and the lights are on, but
it's still daylight and they don't show up well. In any case, from our
house to yours . . .

Gary,
Merry Christmas! Nice T bird. 390 FE I imagine? I see you have the
mechanical affliction as well as radios. I spy the red tool chest....
Mark

Neil S December 26th 07 04:42 PM

My house on Christmas

May as well join the crowd.
This was my house on Christmas evening.
I hope everyone here had a great day!!

Neil S.

William Sommerwerck[_2_] December 26th 07 04:51 PM

My house on Christmas

Looks like there was an earthquake...

Michael A. Terrell December 26th 07 05:24 PM

My house on Christmas

William Sommerwerck wrote:

Looks like there was an earthquake...

I'm glad that I hadn't started lunch. That made me ill. :(

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Neil S December 26th 07 07:27 PM

My house on Christmas

Well, I feel the fool :-(
That turned out awful!
I shall try and do better next time.

Neil S.

Michael A. Terrell December 26th 07 09:37 PM

My house on Christmas

Neil S wrote:

Well, I feel the fool :-(
That turned out awful!
I shall try and do better next time.

At least post a warning that it's out of focus. :)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Gary Tayman December 26th 07 10:47 PM

My house on Christmas

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

On the other hand, I've never seen palm trees that looked so beautiful..
:)

Thanks, but there's a little story here. When I first moved into this house
about 25 years ago, those palm trees were hardly more than saplings. I
wasn't really crazy about where they had planted the one on the left,
because the fronds were in my face every time I got in or our of the car.
But I figured both these trees will grow big and tall, and in a short time
this will no longer be the case. Uh . . . look at the tree on the right,
then the one on the left. Hmmm . . .

--
Gary E. Tayman/Tayman Electrical
Sound Solutions For Classic Cars

Gary Tayman December 27th 07 12:23 AM

My house on Christmas

"Mark S" wrote in message

Gary,
Merry Christmas! Nice T bird. 390 FE I imagine? I see you have the
mechanical affliction as well as radios. I spy the red tool chest....
Mark

It is indeed a 390, but I hate to say I'm having some issues with this "new"
motor. It's burning oil bigtime. A friend believes it's valve guide seals,
and wants to look at it after the holidays -- we'll take it from there.
THEN I'll have it painted (doesn't look bad in the photo, but it indeed can
use the paint) and a few other things done, and it'll be a nice cruiser.

This car was a mess when I got it -- a definite project. It had been
sitting for years with rodents living in it. It has come a long way.

MarkS December 27th 07 04:16 AM

My house on Christmas

"Mark S" wrote in message

[...]

When you're looking under the valve covers, check to see the oil return
ports in the head aren't blocked on one or both sides. I've seen at least
two engines in my time where oil pooling up under the valve covers, then
around the guides caused an oil burning problem.
Mark

gb[_2_] December 29th 07 08:34 PM

My house on Christmas

"Mark S" wrote in message

Gary,
Merry Christmas! Nice T bird. 390 FE I imagine? I see you have the
mechanical affliction as well as radios. I spy the red tool chest....
Mark

It is indeed a 390, but I hate to say I'm having some issues with this
"new" motor. It's burning oil bigtime. A friend believes it's valve
guide seals, and wants to look at it after the holidays -- we'll take it
from there. THEN I'll have it painted (doesn't look bad in the photo, but
it indeed can use the paint) and a few other things done, and it'll be a
nice cruiser.

This car was a mess when I got it -- a definite project. It had been
sitting for years with rodents living in it. It has come a long way.

Nice restoration Gary.
BTW, what did you do with the T-bird car radio (restore? update?)

Greg

Gary Tayman December 30th 07 05:33 PM

My house on Christmas

"gb" wrote in message
. ..

Nice restoration Gary.
BTW, what did you do with the T-bird car radio (restore? update?)

Greg

This is what got me into this business in the first place. First thing I
did when I got the car was to pull the radio out and fix it up. Then I
decided to start offering radio repair for other cruisers for "T-Bird
money." About a year into it I met Dan Schulz of Antique Automobile Radio,
Inc., who had just begun offering stereo conversions for original radios. I
soon became a dealer for these, and it has evolved into the full-time
business that it is today.

I've lost count of how many radios this car has had. It has had the
original of course, a Custom Autosound USA-5, and numerous conversions.
Every time a new design is released for conversion, the first one goes into
this car. It presently has the first of the highly-successful version 8.2.
For speakers I'm using Custom Autosound Dual Voice Coils.

Rick[_6_] December 31st 07 11:12 PM

My house on Christmas

Neil S wrote:

Well, I feel the fool :-(
That turned out awful!
I shall try and do better next time.

Neil S.

One word: Tripod. Or at least a monopod. Gotta have one for these low
light exposures at night. Especially when you are out there freezing
your Jingle Balls off. 8-)

Rick

Neil S January 1st 08 05:26 PM

My house on Christmas

So true. As you say, Rick, I was freezing my---, plus the location is
sloping ice and it was snowing fairly hard, so I did not want to expose the
camera for too long to set up a tripod. I had planned to use the monopod
next try.
The photo did not look so bad at 4 x 5, but the blow up that the program
posted does look awful :-(

Neil S.