Old January 10th 08, 03:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default 48-EY-4 Schematic

From Scott's Beitman scans

Old January 10th 08, 05:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Curious design thinking on these two phono amps. I would guess the 45 EY 4
is a bit older and the 45 EY 26 a bit newer. I suppose that they used the
35W4 in the 45 EY 26 to save a couple of cents in the manufacturing, since
both the 34W4 and 35Z5 have the same current ratings. However it may have
been a poor choice since they had a lot of problems with the high power
miniatures [6AQ5, 35W4, 50B5] when they were first introduced, due to the
envelope cracking from heat stress. It took a year or so of glass
development to cure the problem.
Not sure what SOMF filter caps are in the 45 EY 26 :-) [Drafting error by
Sams??]

Neil S.

"Ron Banks" wrote in message
.. .
From Scott's Beitman scans

Old January 12th 08, 06:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

The push pull amps really did sound a lot better than the single ended ones,
RAT opinions not withstanding, but neither are Orthophonic, as RCA so often
loved to use.
SO ufd, must be a typo, but this is the first time I have seen both sections
the same.
Another cheapening move in later models was to eliminate the muting switch
however the changer noise wasn't that bad anyway.
Tom

Need schematic Daryl Popowitch Boatanchors 0 August 17th 06 02:36 AM
DX-390 SCHEMATIC Sinpo Code Shortwave 0 May 8th 06 11:21 PM
MFJ-209 schematic mike Equipment 0 October 23rd 05 02:56 PM
HP-608 / AN/USM-44A - schematic and HELP! Philip Nasadowski Boatanchors 0 June 17th 04 01:16 AM