Old June 29th 08, 05:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Shiny new capacitors, Zenith H500 TO

Tio Pedro wrote:
Oddly enough, I'm finding yellow mylars with the same greenie
lead disease. One flex, and the lead is gone.

I assume you're talking about yellow caps from the early '60s?

Not the new ones we're all using now.

Jeff
Old June 29th 08, 09:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Jeffrey D Angus" wrote in message
..

Of course! I assume your talking about old power resistors
too

Old July 2nd 08, 02:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Jeffrey D Angus wrote:
Jeffrey D Angus wrote:
Waiting on the new 5 watt metal film resistors to correct the
power supply resistors. (replacing the sand ohm and candelohm
resistors.) Still need to pu the 9.1 V zener across the 3V4
(B+) and ground to protect the filaments from over voltage.

They came in today. Put hem in and oh boy, a radio that works like
new. Also, as pointed out by another tech, I moved the 9.1 V zener
from directly across the filament line to across the last 910 ohm
resistor in the series string. So it's only across the filaments on AC
power, not with the battery.

Jeff