Old September 18th 08, 12:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default RCA 6T5 pics

These show the chassis with transformer for comparison, and also the
voltages to one side of the AC line (neutral, turn the plug around so they
show to hot they are lower) from either end of the HT windings (RCA6T5_Low
and RCA6T5_High) and from the HT center tap (RCA6T5_CT)

--
Say no to institutionalized interference.
Just say NO to HD/IBOC!

Attached Thumbnails
RCA 6T5 pics-rca6t5_ct.jpg  RCA 6T5 pics-rca6t5_high.jpg  RCA 6T5 pics-rca6t5_low.jpg
Old September 18th 08, 01:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Ken Ken is offline

Brenda Ann wrote:
These show the chassis with transformer for comparison, and also the
voltages to one side of the AC line (neutral, turn the plug around so they
show to hot they are lower) from either end of the HT windings (RCA6T5_Low
and RCA6T5_High) and from the HT center tap (RCA6T5_CT)

Since the meter is such high imped., try loading the hi-v readings with
a small cap to see how serious it is. Ken
Old September 18th 08, 01:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Ken" wrote in message
Brenda Ann wrote:
These show the chassis with transformer for comparison, and also the
voltages to one side of the AC line (neutral, turn the plug around so
they show to hot they are lower) from either end of the HT windings
(RCA6T5_Low and RCA6T5_High) and from the HT center tap (RCA6T5_CT)

Since the meter is such high imped., try loading the hi-v readings with a
small cap to see how serious it is. Ken

Serious enough to kick my GFCI instantly...

Old September 19th 08, 03:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Ken" wrote in message
Brenda Ann wrote:
These show the chassis with transformer for comparison, and also the
voltages to one side of the AC line (neutral, turn the plug around so
they show to hot they are lower) from either end of the HT windings
(RCA6T5_Low and RCA6T5_High) and from the HT center tap (RCA6T5_CT)

Since the meter is such high imped., try loading the hi-v readings with a
small cap to see how serious it is. Ken

Serious enough to kick my GFCI instantly...

Transformer completely out of the circuit:

One side of the primary winding to:

Other side of the primary winding: 5 ohms
One side of the HT secondary: 80 ohms
Center tap of the HT secondary: 136 ohms
Other side of the HT secondary: 189 ohms

Other side of the primary winding to:
One side of the HT secondary: 84 ohms
Center tap of the HT secondary: 138 ohms
Other side of the HT secondary: 190 ohms

HT secondary:
56 ohms/CT/53 ohms

my dad an me pics Mark Morgan Antenna 0 October 3rd 06 07:19 PM
my dad an me pics Mark Morgan Antenna 0 September 28th 06 10:42 PM
my dad an me pics Mark Morgan Policy 0 September 28th 06 10:42 PM
my dad an me pics Mark Morgan Scanner 0 September 28th 06 10:42 PM
FS: General Radio W10 Variac w/pics 110VAC @ 10 amps w/pics RLucch2098 Swap 0 September 6th 03 04:20 PM