Old October 9th 08, 03:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Tube inventory progress...

Shelving units: $435
Cardboard bins: $375
Time spent sorting: "Don't ask"

Being able to find something quickly:

PRICELESS

(That and I realized I have about 75 6SN7 tubes.)

I haven't even started on the miniature stuff yet,
this is mostly the old balloon and ST tubes and
the octal stuff.

Jeff

Old October 15th 08, 02:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Jeffrey D Angus wrote:
I haven't even started on the miniature stuff yet,
this is mostly the old balloon and ST tubes and
the octal stuff.

Over 1500 tubes, and 240 types (sorted into bins).
Having done a full physical inventory and listed
retail prices, it shows a rough value in excess of
$15K.

It's going to go up when I finish doing the miniature
tubes.

The time (and money) I've spent so far hasn't quite
"paid back" yet, but it helped enormously on the
Truetone Radio From Hell being able to quickly find
substitute tubes to swap around and finally find the
problem.

Jeff
Old October 15th 08, 05:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Jeffrey D Angus wrote:

Jeffrey D Angus wrote:
I haven't even started on the miniature stuff yet,
this is mostly the old balloon and ST tubes and
the octal stuff.

Over 1500 tubes, and 240 types (sorted into bins).
Having done a full physical inventory and listed
retail prices, it shows a rough value in excess of
$15K.

It's going to go up when I finish doing the miniature
tubes.

The time (and money) I've spent so far hasn't quite
"paid back" yet, but it helped enormously on the
Truetone Radio From Hell being able to quickly find
substitute tubes to swap around and finally find the
problem.

You won't regret it. I spent months, around 1970 cleaning &
organizing my shop. Done properly, it doesn't have to be done again.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Inventory Reduction Sale KC8EWU-Tony[_2_] Swap 1 March 18th 07 10:01 PM
Inventory Reduction Sale KC8EWU-Tony[_2_] Swap 0 March 18th 07 05:06 AM
Inventory IonSpot Shortwave 0 January 2nd 06 03:10 AM
Used Radio - Inventory Used2Way Equipment 0 December 18th 05 12:00 AM
Inventory Update - LMR Kevin Demery Swap 0 September 11th 03 09:16 PM