RadioBanter

-   Radio Photos (https://www.radiobanter.com/radio-photos/)
-   -   Grubby radio contest (https://www.radiobanter.com/radio-photos/137493-grubby-radio-contest.html)

Phil Nelson October 9th 08 10:44 PM

Grubby radio contest

A visitor to my website shared this photo of his new Hallicrafters S-38.

I don't know if a mouse lived in there, or it just sat out on a porch for a
few years.

Can anyone top it?

Phil Nelson

PeterD October 10th 08 12:13 AM

Grubby radio contest

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 14:44:04 -0700, "Phil Nelson"
wrote:

A visitor to my website shared this photo of his new Hallicrafters S-38.

I don't know if a mouse lived in there, or it just sat out on a porch for a
few years.

Can anyone top it?

Phil Nelson

It'll clean right up. Probalby work too.

J.L.Hemmer October 10th 08 01:23 AM

Grubby radio contest

wrote:

A visitor to my website shared this photo of his new Hallicrafters S-38.

I don't know if a mouse lived in there, or it just sat out on a porch for a
few years.

Can anyone top it?

Phil Nelson

It'll clean right up. Probalby work too.

What did the under chassis look like?

Joe Bento October 10th 08 02:13 AM

Grubby radio contest

wrote:

A visitor to my website shared this photo of his new Hallicrafters S-38.

I don't know if a mouse lived in there, or it just sat out on a porch for a
few years.

Can anyone top it?

Phil Nelson

It'll clean right up. Probalby work too.

I was thinking the same thing. Looks like a perfectly restorable radio.

Joe

Phil Nelson October 11th 08 01:13 AM

Grubby radio contest

It'll clean right up. Probalby work too.

I was thinking the same thing. Looks like a perfectly restorable radio.

I gave him the same advice. Despite first impressions, there's a complete
radio after you clear off the litter. Naval Jelly can remove surface rust
from a cabinet and the chassis top, and then you go on with the usual
suspects. I don't have a photo, but I'm guessing the underside of the
chassis is decent.

Best of all, it only cost him 3 bucks (you can see the price written on top
of the cabinet). What have you got to lose?!

:-)

Phil