Old October 9th 08, 10:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Grubby radio contest

A visitor to my website shared this photo of his new Hallicrafters S-38.

I don't know if a mouse lived in there, or it just sat out on a porch for a
few years.

Can anyone top it?

Phil Nelson

Old October 10th 08, 12:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 14:44:04 -0700, "Phil Nelson"
wrote:

A visitor to my website shared this photo of his new Hallicrafters S-38.

I don't know if a mouse lived in there, or it just sat out on a porch for a
few years.

Can anyone top it?

Phil Nelson

It'll clean right up. Probalby work too.
Old October 10th 08, 01:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

wrote:

A visitor to my website shared this photo of his new Hallicrafters S-38.

I don't know if a mouse lived in there, or it just sat out on a porch for a
few years.

Can anyone top it?

Phil Nelson

It'll clean right up. Probalby work too.

What did the under chassis look like?

Old October 10th 08, 02:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

wrote:

A visitor to my website shared this photo of his new Hallicrafters S-38.

I don't know if a mouse lived in there, or it just sat out on a porch for a
few years.

Can anyone top it?

Phil Nelson

It'll clean right up. Probalby work too.

I was thinking the same thing. Looks like a perfectly restorable radio.

Joe

Old October 11th 08, 01:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

It'll clean right up. Probalby work too.

I was thinking the same thing. Looks like a perfectly restorable radio.

I gave him the same advice. Despite first impressions, there's a complete
radio after you clear off the litter. Naval Jelly can remove surface rust
from a cabinet and the chassis top, and then you go on with the usual
suspects. I don't have a photo, but I'm guessing the underside of the
chassis is decent.

Best of all, it only cost him 3 bucks (you can see the price written on top
of the cabinet). What have you got to lose?!

:-)

Phil