Old November 26th 08, 11:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Philco 501

Attached Thumbnails
Philco 501-radio_phico501.jpg
Old November 27th 08, 03:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Yikes!! Did that one win a price for tasteless??
Old November 27th 08, 06:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Sjouke Burry" wrote in message
Yikes!! Did that one win a price for tasteless??

I know, I know, in Holland, you'd rather have a big burly Philips that has
enough lights and buttons to be mistaken for a Wurlitzer jukebox, but
believe it or not, over here that radio is hotly sought-after!

AND it commands a surprising price. Like this Setchell-Carlson...

::humph::

Attached Thumbnails
Philco 501-setchell-carlson-jet-58a-375-fr-l.jpg  Philco 501-setchell-carlson-jet-58a-375-fr-r.jpg
Old November 27th 08, 06:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Man,, That Setchell-Carlson is way COOL looking!

Old November 27th 08, 06:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Buck Frobisher wrote:
"Sjouke Burry" wrote in message
Yikes!! Did that one win a price for tasteless??

I know, I know, in Holland, you'd rather have a big burly Philips that has
enough lights and buttons to be mistaken for a Wurlitzer jukebox, but
believe it or not, over here that radio is hotly sought-after!

AND it commands a surprising price. Like this Setchell-Carlson...

::humph::

Well, that one would only be placed number 9 in that competition

Old November 27th 08, 09:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

I love all boomerang-shaped radios, but then, nobody has ever accused me of
having good taste :-)

http://antiqueradio.org/true01.htm

Phil Nelson
Phil's Old Radios
http://antiqueradio.org/index.html

Anybody know what this is? A Philco? Buck Frobisher Radio Photos 9 January 28th 08 04:43 PM
Philco 38-9 a Paul P[_2_] Radio Photos 1 October 8th 07 06:47 PM
Sad Philco! Dave[_4_] Radio Photos 2 October 6th 07 10:31 PM
PHILCO 46-200 transitone Pete[_2_] Swap 5 April 21st 07 01:41 AM
Philco unknown Paul Skirving Shortwave 1 September 28th 03 07:13 PM