Old December 2nd 08, 01:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default PRESS RELEASE

--
PRESS RELEASE
BUDDY IVORY BAND TO RELEASE MUCH-ANTICIPATED DEBUT CD
For immediate release:
BALTIMORE, MD - Buddy Ivory is proud to announce the potent, soul-shaking
January 2009 release of the debut CD, Rough Cut, by The Buddy Ivory Band.
Helmed by Buddy and Ivory, who are both six-string wizards and singers, the
band expertly lays down grooves that are tastier than an all-you-can-eat
buffet. Their songs, a kaleidoscope of rock, country, funk and rhythm and
blues, say more with less - they ditch the pitch, and get right down to the
sale. The band strongly believes that seriousness has no place in music, and
this is evident in their songs. "Music should be fun. We feel that life is
far too short to sweat the little things, and the passion of our music
reflects the enjoyment and fulfillment we derive from it."
Fun is the mortar that firmly holds the 10-song Rough Cut together, from the
smooth groove of "Shadow Play" to the B-3 flavored funk of "Nothin' But a
Thang." Accompanying Ivory and Buddy, who plays bass on eight of the songs
and handles most of the lead fretboard duties, is drummer Steve Parezo, who
also plays on eight of the songs, and will be joining the band live. Bob
Shade contributes additional stick work on "I'm Really Sad," "You Gotta Go,"
and "Wait for Me." Spencer Leckliter adds the bottom end on "Wait for Me"
and "Alabama Fighting Men," and Dan Burbine rounds out the lineup on
keyboards.
For many years, Buddy and Ivory paid their rock and roll dues - with
interest - at local venues in Washington, DC, Maryland and Virginia. In the
80s, Buddy managed and played lead guitar for the Southern rock band,
Redeye, and Ivory played lead guitar for a local group called Shatter, which
won a battle of the bands contest.
With the pending release of Rough Cut, the band has landed a knockout punch
in their battle to recruit fans nationwide. No one is immune to their highly
contagious songs, which are skillfully penned and expressively played. Or,
as the band would say, "Our music is a cross between traditional R&B, rock
and roll, country, and down-home soul. It MUST have a beat, and get you off
your seat!"

To hear exactly what the Buddy Ivory Band means, check out Rough Cut at
www.buddyivory.com or www.myspace.com/buddyivory.

Firm Press Release Channel Cop CB 0 October 24th 08 08:55 PM
Press release from Eton about new E5 and E1XM Telamon Shortwave 1 January 10th 06 04:54 PM
Uniden Press Release, BCT15 Scanner Bill Crocker Scanner 0 January 5th 06 10:21 PM
Major Press release Mike Maghakian Shortwave 8 February 9th 04 11:17 AM
PRESS RELEASE: HCDX Online Log 1.0 released Risto Kotalampi Shortwave 0 January 12th 04 08:04 AM