Old June 6th 09, 03:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default 50L6 Guitar Amp

Posted for Sal...

Another amp to build for your son. Different tone than the AA4. With
my American Strat, I actually prefer this one.

Attached Images

Old June 6th 09, 07:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Sal Sal is offline

Joe Bento wrote:
Posted for Sal...

Another amp to build for your son. Different tone than the AA4. With
my American Strat, I actually prefer this one.

Thanks Joe,
I am looking forward to building this one also. These are fun projects.

What kind of speaker are you using?

Regards,
Sal
Old June 6th 09, 08:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

On 2009-06-06 12:20:19 -0600, Sal said:

Thanks Joe,
I am looking forward to building this one also. These are fun projects.

What kind of speaker are you using?

Regards,
Sal

My current speaker for testing is an ancient 8" Jensen with an Alinco
magnet. Its mounted in one of the old wall-mount enclosures with an
open back. Not the ideal speaker for testing, I'm afraid. I need to
build a nice stack with 2x12 (or even 4x12 !!!) Celestion speakers.

A good buddy of mine in the UK said that the AA4 I gave to him sounds
absolutely brilliant when feeding a 4x12 stack.

They are certainly fun to build, and I'm discovering there are people
that will buy them from you as well, often for very good prices. The
AA5 or 50L6, for example, sounds far better than my Roland 15 watt
cube, a solid state amp with DSP distortions. Frankly, the three watts
for either of these seems equally as loud as the cube as well.

Next on my agenda is to upgrade a bit by building a Champ clone, and
perhaps an AX15, AX30, or Marshall 18 watt. By the time I get around
to these, I hope to have honed my woodworking skills for a combo unit,
and also learn the art of Tolex application.

Regards,
Joe