RadioBanter

-   Radio Photos (https://www.radiobanter.com/radio-photos/)
-   -   Need a few BNC chassis mounts (https://www.radiobanter.com/radio-photos/150811-need-few-bnc-chassis-mounts.html)

Pete Bertini April 10th 10 06:46 PM

Need a few BNC chassis mounts

1 Attachment(s)
Right and wrong examples shown in photo. Threaded shaft needs to
be a tad longer than normal to fit thicker panel. HP 8552B IF deck.

Pete

Sjouke Burry[_2_] April 10th 10 07:08 PM

Pete Bertini wrote:
Right and wrong examples shown in photo. Threaded shaft needs to
be a tad longer than normal to fit thicker panel. HP 8552B IF deck.

Pete

We solved that by buying a ?tap?(not sure about the english name)
and thread the hole.

Pete Bertini April 10th 10 07:11 PM

"Sjouke Burry" wrote in message
Pete Bertini wrote:
Right and wrong examples shown in photo. Threaded shaft needs to
be a tad longer than normal to fit thicker panel. HP 8552B IF deck.

Pete

We solved that by buying a ?tap?(not sure about the english name)
and thread the hole.

But this is going into a hole that was already drilled for the
part.

Bill M[_5_] April 11th 10 12:57 AM

Pete Bertini wrote:
Right and wrong examples shown in photo. Threaded shaft needs to
be a tad longer than normal to fit thicker panel. HP 8552B IF deck.

Pete

We solved that by buying a ?tap?(not sure about the english name)
and thread the hole.

But this is going into a hole that was already drilled for the
part.

Pete, I have some that *might* work. Hard to tell exactly. These have
a 10mm long threaded portion.

-Bill

Pete Bertini April 12th 10 02:35 AM

Pete Bertini wrote:
Right and wrong examples shown in photo. Threaded shaft needs to
be a tad longer than normal to fit thicker panel. HP 8552B IF deck.

Pete

We solved that by buying a ?tap?(not sure about the english name)
and thread the hole.

But this is going into a hole that was already drilled for the
part.

Pete, I have some that *might* work. Hard to tell exactly. These have a
10mm long threaded portion.

-Bill

Hi Bill

Regular style has about 7 threads, mine has 11, plus there is a shouldered
area between the panel stop and first thread that is probably equal to
the area that would be used by another four threads.

Pete

Spam Hater April 12th 10 02:43 AM

On 2010-04-10 10:46:53 -0700, "Pete Bertini" said:

Right and wrong examples shown in photo. Threaded shaft needs to
be a tad longer than normal to fit thicker panel. HP 8552B IF deck

Pete, see the drawing I posted today under heading BNC Connector.
Amphenol part number 112429, there's a distributor with stock in
California. Mouser quoting 10-week leadtime. About $3.

Jim_Menning April 12th 10 05:12 AM

On 2010-04-10 10:46:53 -0700, "Pete Bertini" said:

Right and wrong examples shown in photo. Threaded shaft needs to
be a tad longer than normal to fit thicker panel. HP 8552B IF deck

Pete, see the drawing I posted today under heading BNC Connector. Amphenol part
number 112429, there's a distributor with stock in California. Mouser quoting
10-week leadtime. About $3.

Please don't post with non-standard formats. yEnc is not a favorite around here. If
you want people to appreciate your posts you should post in a format readily
available for all to see, without requiring add-ons to decode them.

Jim_Menning April 12th 10 05:12 AM

Pete Bertini April 17th 10 02:31 AM

"Bill M" wrote in message

Pete, I have some that *might* work. Hard to tell exactly. These have a
10mm long threaded portion.

-Bill

Bill's BNCs worked perfectly. Extra long shafts. Was able to fix
the remaining damaged HP 8552B IF deck this evening.

Pete

Bill M[_5_] April 17th 10 03:27 AM

Pete Bertini wrote:
"Bill M" wrote in message

Pete, I have some that *might* work. Hard to tell exactly. These have a
10mm long threaded portion.

-Bill

Bill's BNCs worked perfectly. Extra long shafts. Was able to fix
the remaining damaged HP 8552B IF deck this evening.

Pete

Glad they worked out.

-ex

Jeffrey Angus April 17th 10 04:17 AM

On 4/16/2010 8:31 PM, Pete Bertini wrote:
Bill's BNCs worked perfectly. Extra long shafts. Was able to fix
the remaining damaged HP 8552B IF deck this evening.

I recognize that number, you're working on one of the plug-ins for the
141 spectrum analyzer.

Jeff

Pete Bertini April 17th 10 01:55 PM

"Jeffrey Angus" wrote in message
On 4/16/2010 8:31 PM, Pete Bertini wrote:
Bill's BNCs worked perfectly. Extra long shafts. Was able to fix
the remaining damaged HP 8552B IF deck this evening.

I recognize that number, you're working on one of the plug-ins for the
141 spectrum analyzer.

Jeff

Hi Jeff

Yeppurs. For some odd reason folks used these for bean toss
games. I've seen quite a few with damaged BNC jacks!
I only had one deck out of several that had a damaged jack.
Now all three of the 141Ts are populated and working!

Pete

Joe Bento April 25th 10 05:49 PM

On 2010-04-11 22:12:49 -0600, Jim_Menning said:

Please don't post with non-standard formats. yEnc is not a favorite
around here. If you want people to appreciate your posts you should
post in a format readily available for all to see, without requiring
add-ons to decode them.

Though according to the documentation for Unison (ver 2.05), an OS-X
-based newsreader, yEnc is understood by all modern newsreaders.

Joe

Brenda Ann[_2_] April 25th 10 08:55 PM

On 2010-04-11 22:12:49 -0600, Jim_Menning said:

Please don't post with non-standard formats. yEnc is not a favorite
around here. If you want people to appreciate your posts you should post
in a format readily available for all to see, without requiring add-ons
to decode them.

Though according to the documentation for Unison (ver 2.05), an
OS-X -based newsreader, yEnc is understood by all modern newsreaders.

Joe

My newsreader doesn't understand it.

Brenda Ann[_2_] April 25th 10 08:55 PM

Michael A. Terrell April 26th 10 12:09 AM

On 2010-04-11 22:12:49 -0600, Jim_Menning said:

Please don't post with non-standard formats. yEnc is not a favorite
around here. If you want people to appreciate your posts you should post
in a format readily available for all to see, without requiring add-ons
to decode them.

Though according to the documentation for Unison (ver 2.05), an
OS-X -based newsreader, yEnc is understood by all modern newsreaders.

Joe

My newsreader doesn't understand it.

Neither does mine.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

Michael A. Terrell April 26th 10 12:09 AM

Jeffrey Angus April 26th 10 01:10 AM

Need a few BNC chassis mounts

Though according to the documentation for Unison (ver 2.05), an
OS-X -based newsreader, yEnc is understood by all modern newsreaders.

Joe

My newsreader doesn't understand it.

Neither does mine.

Ah well, that explains it Mike, OS-X based. When it works on a
platform that holds maybe 5% of the market share, that means "ALL"
modern newsreaders.

Jeff

Joe Bento April 26th 10 01:36 AM

On 2010-04-25 18:10:02 -0600, Jeffrey Angus said:

Though according to the documentation for Unison (ver 2.05), an
OS-X -based newsreader, yEnc is understood by all modern newsreaders.

Joe

My newsreader doesn't understand it.

Neither does mine.

Ah well, that explains it Mike, OS-X based. When it works on a
platform that holds maybe 5% of the market share, that means "ALL"
modern newsreaders.

Even Agent supports yEnc, which is what I use on my Windows machine. I
guess I'm not familiar with the readers that DON'T support yEnc.

Joe

Michael A. Terrell April 26th 10 04:27 PM

Jeffrey Angus wrote:

Though according to the documentation for Unison (ver 2.05), an
OS-X -based newsreader, yEnc is understood by all modern newsreaders.

Joe

My newsreader doesn't understand it.

Neither does mine.

Ah well, that explains it Mike, OS-X based. When it works on a
platform that holds maybe 5% of the market share, that means "ALL"
modern newsreaders.

I use Netscape 4.8 to read newsgroups. I have Xnews, wich does
support Yenc, but it is a pain to use, compared to Netscape.

I have a couple mac-crap computers. They make nice, hevy doorstops.
I prefer the imacs since they have no sharp corners to cut my legs.

I have been doing free tech support for a freind's business. He told
me recently that he plans to replace all his windows XP computers with
mac. He'll also have to pay someone to keep his network up & running.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.