Old April 10th 10, 06:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Need a few BNC chassis mounts

Right and wrong examples shown in photo. Threaded shaft needs to
be a tad longer than normal to fit thicker panel. HP 8552B IF deck.

Pete

Attached Thumbnails
Need a few BNC chassis mounts-bnc.jpg
Old April 10th 10, 07:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Pete Bertini wrote:
Right and wrong examples shown in photo. Threaded shaft needs to
be a tad longer than normal to fit thicker panel. HP 8552B IF deck.

Pete

We solved that by buying a ?tap?(not sure about the english name)
and thread the hole.

Old April 10th 10, 07:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Sjouke Burry" wrote in message
Pete Bertini wrote:
Right and wrong examples shown in photo. Threaded shaft needs to
be a tad longer than normal to fit thicker panel. HP 8552B IF deck.

Pete

We solved that by buying a ?tap?(not sure about the english name)
and thread the hole.

But this is going into a hole that was already drilled for the
part.

Old April 11th 10, 12:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Pete Bertini wrote:
Right and wrong examples shown in photo. Threaded shaft needs to
be a tad longer than normal to fit thicker panel. HP 8552B IF deck.

Pete

We solved that by buying a ?tap?(not sure about the english name)
and thread the hole.

But this is going into a hole that was already drilled for the
part.

Pete, I have some that *might* work. Hard to tell exactly. These have
a 10mm long threaded portion.

-Bill

Old April 12th 10, 02:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Pete Bertini wrote:
Right and wrong examples shown in photo. Threaded shaft needs to
be a tad longer than normal to fit thicker panel. HP 8552B IF deck.

Pete

We solved that by buying a ?tap?(not sure about the english name)
and thread the hole.

But this is going into a hole that was already drilled for the
part.

Pete, I have some that *might* work. Hard to tell exactly. These have a
10mm long threaded portion.

-Bill

Hi Bill

Regular style has about 7 threads, mine has 11, plus there is a shouldered
area between the panel stop and first thread that is probably equal to
the area that would be used by another four threads.

Pete

Old April 12th 10, 02:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

On 2010-04-10 10:46:53 -0700, "Pete Bertini" said:

Right and wrong examples shown in photo. Threaded shaft needs to
be a tad longer than normal to fit thicker panel. HP 8552B IF deck

Pete, see the drawing I posted today under heading BNC Connector.
Amphenol part number 112429, there's a distributor with stock in
California. Mouser quoting 10-week leadtime. About $3.

Mobile mounts David Shrader Equipment 1 March 8th 06 09:01 PM
MILITARY MOUNTS Bob Boatanchors 0 January 1st 06 01:39 PM
UHF Mounts ?? Southern Kiwi CB 74 August 21st 04 05:36 AM
Universal Mounts Rich Swap 0 May 1st 04 02:08 PM
FS: Two mobile antenna mounts VHFRadioBuff Swap 0 December 24th 03 03:18 PM