Old May 7th 11, 05:57 AM
Banned

Default timberland

Other historic highlights on Fort Sill include an Indian museum and a new artillery museum that just opened in 2009 and which I was not able to visit when I was there but will have to hit on a return visit. One of the most important maxims I have learned in my many years of travel — and one that is inevitably hard to live by — is that “You can’t do everything.”
The Fort Sill National Historic Landmark and Museum is located at 437 Quanah Road, Fort Sill, OK 73503-5100; telephone (580) 442-5123; fax (580) 442-8120.
I made my way over to the Fort Sill Museum and spent the next couple of hours there, where I enjoyed a 21-minute film about the origins of the historic post and took the time to view all the exhibits in the former infantry barracks. I spent some time chatting with the guide on duty, John “Chad” Chadwick, who was a great source of additional information about the museum and its exhibits.
My first stop on post was the old, square, stone structure that can be seen from I-44 and which I assumed to be the original fort built on the site, or a reconstruction of it (part of which can be seen in the image above left). A caretaker for the horses used by the “Half Section,” Fort Sill’s historic artillery demonstration unit, told me that is a mistake many people make — along with the assumption that it is the post museum and is open to the public. This structure is, in fact, the old stables originally used for the quartermaster’s draft animals, and the museum itself is located up the hill about a half mile away.
If your travels ever take you through southern Oklahoma, one place you ought to consider stopping off and visiting for a couple of hours is historic Fort Sill, located just north of Lawton and at the foot of the Wichita Mountains. Fort Sill is, in fact, still an active military post,timberland, the only one still in use of all those built during the Indian Wars of the late 19th century, and is used by the U.S. Army, among other things,Cruise Tip #2 Go to the Art Auctions - San Antonio Travel Examiner.com, for artillery training.
It was thus appropriate that my final excursion on Fort Sill was over to the other side of post,louis vuitton handbags replica, to the Indian cemetery where Geronimo and many of his people are buried. There are some local rumors that the famous warrior’s skull and some of his bones were stolen by a miscreant who visited the fort in 1918, but Chadwick explained that the misappropriated remains had been taken from a crypt and could thus not have been those of Geronimo — whose grave was unmarked at that time. As the picture here shows, however, it is suitably marked today.
But if you have the chance, I do recommend you visit the historic sites at Fort Sill,CLCC 13th Annual BBQ Cook-Off (Canyon Lake, Texas, April 30) - San Antonio Travel Examiner.com! My own visit was on a cold, dreary day in the winter, and I can hardly recommend against that. After all,Getaway from SA and Head to the Hyatt Hill Country Resort & Spa - San Antonio Getaways Examiner.com, I had a great time during my visit, and a lot more personal attention than I likely would have gotten on a warm day during the summer when crowds of people were there.
Once I was done at the museum, I made my way over to the original Post Guardhouse which, among other things, had been used to house Chiricahua Apache military leader Geronimo after his surrender to the U.S. Army. The famous Indian chief died of exposure during his return from a drinking binge in Lawton one cold winter night.
Old May 7th 11, 10:23 AM
Banned

Location: Denmark

Hobo with a Shotgun Full Lenght Movie In Dvd Format Websites To Watch Six Bend Trap The Movie The Salt Film Download Sanctum 3d cheapest The Lincoln Lawyer movie Download The Toy Story 3 Online the Avatar movie The Roommate The Film High Quality watch new Water for Elephants online True Grit movie summary download for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 the movie Inside Job Film Download download Yogi Bear film dvd