RadioBanter

-   -   Dumbing down licensing will just let in people that really don't want to be hams. (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/102003-dumbing-down-licensing-will-just-let-people-really-dont-want-hams.html)

Slow Code August 20th 06 11:50 PM

Dumbing down licensing will just let in people that really don't want to be hams.

So why do it?

SC

Bakb0ne August 21st 06 03:35 AM

Dumbing down licensing will just let in people that really don't want to be hams.

Slow Code wrote:
So why do it?

SC

Just wondering...

Do you really think what you post on a newsgroup is going to make ANY
difference in the real world...

Just because you bitch and moan on here, isnt going to make them revise
the licensing rules..

Get over it and move on...

Douche Bag August 21st 06 04:06 AM

Dumbing down licensing will just let in people that really don't want to be hams.

Because Ham radio is dying. If you make it easier, you can attract more
losers who may have joined earlier. Shortwave and Ham radio is dead. If
you ask the man on the street what AM or FM is? They can answer you
,it"s what the hear on their car radio. The difference is the buttons
on the radio. If you ask them what shortwave is? They would not have a
****ing clue. It's DEAD. Get a life.
Slow Code wrote:
So why do it?

SC

an old friend August 21st 06 06:55 AM

cease and desist

Slow Code wrote:
So why do it?

but nobody is proposing to do that

SC

EchoBlip August 21st 06 03:34 PM

Dumbing down licensing will just let in people that really don't want to be hams.

Because Ham radio is dying.

E V E R Y T H I N G D I E S

I also hear the buggy whip industry is doing pretty lousy except in
Lancaster, PA.

"Douche Bag" wrote in message
ups.com...
Because Ham radio is dying. If you make it easier, you can attract more
losers who may have joined earlier. Shortwave and Ham radio is dead. If
you ask the man on the street what AM or FM is? They can answer you
,it"s what the hear on their car radio. The difference is the buttons
on the radio. If you ask them what shortwave is? They would not have a
****ing clue. It's DEAD. Get a life.
Slow Code wrote:
So why do it?

SC

MnMikew August 21st 06 09:04 PM

Dumbing down licensing will just let in people that really don't want to be hams.

"Bakb0ne" wrote in message
oups.com...

Slow Code wrote:
So why do it?

SC

Just wondering...

Do you really think what you post on a newsgroup is going to make ANY
difference in the real world...

Just because you bitch and moan on here, isnt going to make them revise
the licensing rules..

Get over it and move on...

They don't call him slowcode for nothing.

Slow Code August 22nd 06 12:44 AM

Dumbing down licensing will just let in people that really don't want to be hams.

"EchoBlip" wrote in
t:

Because Ham radio is dying.

E V E R Y T H I N G D I E S

I also hear the buggy whip industry is doing pretty lousy except in
Lancaster, PA.

"Douche Bag" wrote in message
ups.com...
Because Ham radio is dying. If you make it easier, you can attract more
losers who may have joined earlier. Shortwave and Ham radio is dead. If
you ask the man on the street what AM or FM is? They can answer you
,it"s what the hear on their car radio. The difference is the buttons
on the radio. If you ask them what shortwave is? They would not have a
****ing clue. It's DEAD. Get a life.
Slow Code wrote:
So why do it?

SC

Why do we want to let in people that don't want to be hams?

SC

mikeFNB August 22nd 06 12:55 AM

why not deal with the eal issue

all sounds a bit fishy to me
eal issue
red herring

mike

wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 23:44:48 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

"EchoBlip" wrote in
. net:

Because Ham radio is dying.

E V E R Y T H I N G D I E S

Why do we want to let in people that don't want to be hams?

red herring

why are we exclding people able to be ham nd that want to for no
reason at all

SC

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Douche Bag August 22nd 06 02:01 AM

why not deal with the eal issue

IT'S DEAD. Get a life. You learned code for nothing. Where's my iPod?

ikeFNB wrote:
all sounds a bit fishy to me
eal issue
red herring

mike

an old friend August 22nd 06 02:04 AM

Douche Bag wrote:
IT'S DEAD. Get a life. You learned code for nothing. Where's my iPod?

wel you got that part aprt Code being dead but the ARS is still alive
dispite the efforts of Sloaw code Robeson and others to kill it