Old October 17th 06, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner,rec.aviation.misc

Default Village Voice 'Planespotting' article -- U-2s, Rendition flights, et al

http://villagevoice.com/news/0642,to...i,74732,2.html

The anonymous "Ray" in the article is actually your typical 50 year
old San Francisco Bay area 'social activist'/'progressive'/anarchist by
the name of Gary Sellani, operator of the lazygranch.com domain and HAM
radio call KD6ZXF.

Contact Gary at

It's very amusing, based on the subject of the article & his
involvement in it, that Gary Sellani wanted to remain anonymous & just
be referred to as "Ray." It was easy enough to 'out' Gary Sellani by
doing a Google search.

Maybe someone will go hang out near a particular San Ramon Post Office
& photograph Gary Sellani's antenna-laden SUV as he stops to check his
PO Box & post the photos of him & his vehicle on the internet. Be sure
to get a photo of his SUV's tailcod... oops, I mean license plate.
Then again, maybe someone has already done this...

Turn-about is fair-play, "Ray!"

Polo

Old October 17th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner,rec.aviation.misc

The mind-control, tracking device we've implanted in Gary Sellani's tooth is
quite sufficient

--

Scott

Old October 17th 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner,rec.aviation.misc

The journalism looks kinda dubious... I don't know much about U2's, but
I do know they climb at a 40 to 60 degree angle-- which doesnt match
with what the article and Ray claim.

..

Old October 19th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.radio.scanner,alt.radio.scanner,rec.aviation.misc

Ancient_Hacker wrote:
The journalism looks kinda dubious... I don't know much about U2's, but
I do know they climb at a 40 to 60 degree angle-- which doesnt match
with what the article and Ray claim.

.

SNIP

1) You have to understand that the U-2 is a bogey-man to the certain
denizens of the Left

"Gsrsh, Martha, it be a SPYPLANE !!"

No just a very specialized recon aircraft -clearl;y marked as USAF for
many years

2) It sure hurts the story if you have to say, "No just another C-17"

3) Ever since Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood" set the style, the so
called "new Journalsim., wherer authors have been mixing fact with
"what should have heppened" .....well, if we didn't spot a U-2 today,
"Ray" says he has in the past, so I can inject it into the story

"In Cold Blood (1965), his account of a mass murder in Kansas, is what
Capote called a "nonfiction novel," a book that employs the
conventions of fiction to tell a true story. Thanks to this book,
Capote has come to be considered one of the pioneers of a movement that
Tom Wolfe would later call "New Journalism."

Want Money? Try this Out gh CB 1 March 24th 05 10:27 AM
The FAQ (Well, Question 1, at least) Airy R.Bean Homebrew 20 February 22nd 05 07:04 PM
The FAQ (Well, Question 1, at least) Airy R.Bean General 20 February 22nd 05 07:04 PM
183 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (30-MAR-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 6 April 2nd 04 04:09 PM
214 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (01-NOV-03) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 2 November 4th 03 03:15 AM