Old November 21st 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.scanner

Default Ping Roy

Mike Coslo wrote in
36:

Hey Roy,

I share your dilemma with the OT crossposters. I also used
Thunderbird, and while I like the interface, it hasn't been all that
great at getting rid of the trash.

You might want to try Xnews. I downloaded it this weekend, and
have
been pretty impressed so far.

I'd note that the interface is a lot different from T-bird, and
that
its filters are solid, but filter across all of netnews unless you go
fairly deep into the program. That's okay by me, though.

If you want to do it the simple way, you hit "K", and enter how
many
days you want the poster to go away. If you want them to go away foever,
you type in "0".

Oh, and it's free.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -

Mike,

Xnews is what I use too and I don't have any problems with off topic posts
or cross-posts anymore. Tnx, 73, Good luck on the Code test.

SC

Ping! Landshark CB 1 March 5th 05 07:04 AM
Ping!! Landshark CB 1 March 5th 05 07:04 AM
Ping No One Steve Robeson, K4CAP Policy 4 September 2nd 04 06:46 PM
Ping away assclowns Citizens For A Keyclown-Free Newsgroup CB 20 October 18th 03 04:17 PM
Ping Mr. Davies R274C Shortwave 10 July 29th 03 08:31 PM