Old December 1st 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default ! Purchased Radio Shack Pro 97 oggi

Allo mates,

I just purchased a brand spanking new Radio Pro 97. I got it on sale
for $149.99. The normal price is $199.99. So I felt this would be a
good time to get it.

I have it working fine now off of my rechargeable batteries.

This radio needs a 9 volt, 300 Ma power supply to function correctly.

When I went to look for a power source for it around the house, I
discovered that I have three transformers that are 9V 300A, but the
plug that goes into the scanner is to large.

I have one power supply that is 9V 800MA and the plug fits perfectly
into the scanner. Would thee 500MA more of juice that this power
supply allows to pass through be to much for my scanner? Or do I jist
need to back to Radio Shack and get an apapter that fits and use my
big 273-1667 9V 800MA adpater?
Or better still take the 9Volt 300MA power supply?

Or should I just run it off the 4 AA rechargeable NIMH's that I have?

What is the best option here?

Put another shlimp on the barbee!
Old December 2nd 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"Richard Head" wrote in message
[...]

The 300 ma rating is the max. rating the scanner will draw so
you need a p.s. needs to be able to provide that much current.
Your 9v 800ma p.s. will work fine,,, as long as the polarity is
correct. The scanner will only draw enough current to work
properly.

Old December 4th 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Richard Head wrote:
[...]

I'd go for the 4AA rechargeable batteries myself. It is the path of
least destruction.

Put another shlimp on the barbee!

Old December 4th 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Richard;

The scanner needs a 9v power supply which is capable of delivering a
minimum of 300 ma so a supply which is capable of delivering 800 ma is
well suited for this purpose.

As long as your power supply does not provide more than 9v, your
scanner will not be damaged.

A power supply rated well above the current capacity of the device
will actually run cooler than one that runs near it's capacity.

Think about a heavy duty car battery. All batteries run at 12 volts,
and no battery will damage your cars accessories, but a battery with a
higher amperage rating will run more accesories than a battery with a
lower rating.

Rick

On 3 Dec 2006 19:48:11 -0800, wrote:

Richard Head wrote:

I have one power supply that is 9V 800MA and the plug fits perfectly
into the scanner. Would thee 500MA more of juice that this power
supply allows to pass through be to much for my scanner? Or do I jist
need to back to Radio Shack and get an apapter that fits and use my
big 273-1667 9V 800MA adpater?

To reply by email, please remove the first "R" in my return address