Old January 25th 07, 11:05 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
DJ DJ is offline

Default $100 New or Used Scanner

Looking for either a new or used scanner, for mostly police and fire, for
around $100. New or used - if I can find one on eBay. Going to give it as
a starter scanner to a friend who currently doesn't scan. Radio Shack has a
few new models in the $100 range but thought 1) someone might have a better
idea for new or 2) someone would say you can usually find used Model X on
eBay for around $100. Thanks for your help. Looking for a base scanner and
not handheld.

Old January 25th 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner

"DJ" wrote in message
Looking for either a new or used scanner, for mostly police and fire, for
around $100. New or used - if I can find one on eBay. Going to give it
as a starter scanner to a friend who currently doesn't scan. Radio Shack
has a few new models in the $100 range but thought 1) someone might have a
better idea for new or 2) someone would say you can usually find used
Model X on eBay for around $100. Thanks for your help. Looking for a
base scanner and not handheld.

For what kind of system? Where? You need to make sure the scanner you get
will work for the type of system they want to listen to.
I have looked at them on Ebay before but they went for so close to the
price of a new one I was never tempted. Unless you can get one that is
claimed as working fine for less than half what it goes for new, I would
just buy a new one with a warranty. If you by a used one and it dies, the
cost of repair will have you spending as much as it would have been to just
buy it new.

Moderation is for monks."

[Lazarus Long]

FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 October 8th 05 12:47 AM
Several Scanner Stories zerg90 Scanner 0 August 31st 05 02:29 PM
Coax signal deteriotion to Scanner Paul Keenleyside Scanner 3 December 10th 03 03:39 AM
FS: Realistic Pro 2022 Base Scanner, Full 800Mhz Nice $100 shipped [email protected] Swap 1 December 5th 03 05:04 AM
FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 September 22nd 03 05:43 AM